PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Chan: The Kung Fu Years

grlyncher99
12-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I've tried to get this film through Netflix, but both copies I recieved wouldn't play on my DVD player. I think the encoding is set for Asia rather than the good ol US of A. It's supposed to be a clip film of all the classic Jackie Chan fights. Has anyone heard of it and is it worth hunting down in our format?

Li Kao
01-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Not sure about the title you mentioned, but there are a couple of other decent Jacky compilation/clip DVDs. The one most similar to the one you talk about is called "Invincible Fighter" and is basically a collection of his old-school kung fu fights. Also worth checking out are "My Stunts" and "My Story". "My Stunts" is exactly what it sounds like: a documentary of how Jacky pulls off his stunts with some cool behind-the-scenes footage of his stunt team. "My Story" is my personal favorite documentary of Chan -- it has a bit too many interview clips of other people talking about Jacky, but it has a really nice archive of alot of his modern-era fight scenes and stunts.

All of these titles are available in NTSC format on DVD through various distributors.

Shoot me an email if you have trouble finding any of these ...

grlyncher99
01-09-2005, 07:29 AM
I'll give those a look

Jackie Chan: the Kung Fu years was released in 2004. I've had it in my hands. I just can't get it to play on my television.