PDA

View Full Version : Will I get injure this way?

GuSpeed
12-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi I plan on doing the following workout routine but I wanted to know before if what I'm doing will result in any injures. Thank you!

Weight lifting on monday, Wednesday, and Friday with bench press, squat, french press, good morning, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, and both hand wrist curls.

then 1 hour break. Work on my kicks on the heavy bag

2 set of 20 front kicks
2 set of 20 reverse kicks
2 set of 20 lead round house
2 set of 20 reverse round house
2 set of 20 side kicks

and this will be done in both right and left lead fighting stance. And on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I will do:

In horse stance
100 reverse punch
100 double reverse punch

In bow and arrow stance
100 leopard strike
100 single knuckle strike
100 double double dragon

In innerhorse stance
100 sun punch
100 palm strike
100 eye strike
100 five finger strike

2 minute break and then work on forms.

Will I get injure from doing this work out? Thanks

Ford Prefect
12-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Depends on many factors including:

Pre-existing medical conditions, diet, sleep, current fitness level, proper weight lifting form, routine structure (you never said how many sets or reps on lifting), etc

That'd be a walk in the park and break from a hard workout for some people, but for others it'd be killer.

IronFist
12-24-2004, 06:06 PM
What's an "innerhorse stance?"

ZIM
12-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
What's an "innerhorse stance?" It's what you do whilst hopping about searching for toilet paper. :D

Chief Fox
12-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
What's an "innerhorse stance?"

Never heard of an inner horse stance but I have heard of a southern horse stance or goat restraining stance. This is the stance with your knees closed in tight to protect your groin.

GuSpeed
12-26-2004, 02:31 PM
you are right about innerhorse stance. It's also known as goat stance. Do you know if there's any problems with my workout routine? As in if there is enough time for recovery? I mean I work do my kung fu drills on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The weight training and kicking drills on the heavy bags on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will have Sunday off. Just in general, how does my workout plan sounds to everyone? Any adjustment needed? I would like to hear all opinions even if its a critize to me. THanks.

fa_jing
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
As with all workout routines, pay close attention to your body and your general well-being and make adjustments as you go along.

To quote something I just read on another site: Train first, ask questions later.

Good luck!