PDA

View Full Version : [OT] I am engaged!!

unixfudotnet
12-29-2004, 06:18 AM
I proposed to my gf on friday (Christmas Eve) and she said yes :)

woot! I did the down on one knee and everything. She didn't see it coming *propose-ninja-fu*

Judge Pen
12-29-2004, 07:01 AM
Congratulations!

Mutant
12-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey man congrats!

Ming Yue
12-29-2004, 09:25 AM
aww....

I thought the thread was titled "I am ENRAGED".

:rolleyes:
:D

congratulations! did she get all happy and teary-eyed?

MoreMisfortune
12-29-2004, 09:49 AM
I am not
so you think your better than me? huh? wanna take this outside? :mad:

unixfudotnet
12-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Ming Yue
congratulations! did she get all happy and teary-eyed?
Yes she did, will remember her face at that moment forever :D

Ming Yue
12-29-2004, 10:47 AM
aww.. dang I love that mooshy corny stuff. :)

be happy and take good care of each other

-Cynthia

MoreMisfortune
12-29-2004, 10:53 AM
are you ignoring me? so for you im just a part of the scenerio, right? just the gum you stepped over at the sidewalk, is that what your saying now? come forward and face me chicken boy :mad:

MasterKiller
12-29-2004, 10:58 AM
My wife is pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me. Good luck.

unixfudotnet
12-29-2004, 11:15 AM
thanks mk :)
yeah i feel that too, and the boys too, she has two little boys

norther practitioner
12-29-2004, 11:32 AM
I've met MK, he's not kidding....

Congrats man... too bad you won't be getting any anymore.

Eddie
12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Condolences. Sorry to hear!

Now, now more looking at other hot babes. Fewer and fewer physical contact, less (you know what), and the saddest part of it all, you are now OWNED. No more the boss in the house!!

I will say a prayer for you dude. I know what its like. Welcome to the land of the puppets… ;)

Seriously, I LOVE my wife, so its worth it all. The best is when you have children. Don’t let me start ion that…:cool:
Eddie

unixfudotnet
12-29-2004, 11:47 AM
there better not be less you know what and less physical contact, that is for sure.

mickey
12-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Congratulations,

So I have been told :) :

Remember all the strength it took for you to get down on one knee and propose...because it all goes downhill from there.

mickey

David Jamieson
12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
you shouldn't let her eat any wedding cake on the big day.

according to studies, wedding cake decreases the sex drive of women by 75% :eek:

:p

congrats! enjoy! love n'such!

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-29-2004, 10:44 PM
congradulations and good luck.

Mr Punch
12-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Congrats old bean.

I'm hoping to do the same soon but I've got to grow enough of a pair to go down on both knees to her old man first...! :eek:

Silly country!:(

:D

Mr Punch
12-29-2004, 11:12 PM
BTW, by 'old man' I mean 'father'... I understand it can mean 'husband' in the States.

Which would be strange. And rather disturbing.

:o ;)

Eddie
12-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Asking my wifes dad was the easy part. Asking her mom was H E L , even though we pretty much were high school sweethearts I suppose.

Oh and the sexdrive thing kung lek said…..

ITS ALL TRUE!!!! :mad:

My friend always says, “ when does a man stop masturbating? When he gets a divorce.” :D

I hear it gets better when you reach 40’s. Parently that’s when woman become more “ warmer” and men gets more “ colder”. Nature can be cruel don’t you think?

But don’t let us married old men scare you. Atleast you will have someone to do your laundry now :)

Eddie

unixfudotnet
12-30-2004, 06:55 AM
thanks everyone :-D

one thing that i think we have over a lot of other couples we know is that we have awesome communication and do not hold anything in. communication is so important, as i have learned from past relationships. we should do well, this weekend we are going to go over like roles in the relationship (laundry, cleaning, bills, working, taking out the trash, etc) and work out a budget. We're looking to get a mortgage and buy a house in 2005 :-D

can't wait to go house hunting :-D

MasterKiller
12-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by unixfudotnet
can't wait to go house hunting :-D Suxors. I bought my house because I was sooooooo tired of looking at houses. Seriously, I told my wife "This is one is good enough" and we bought it.

Jhapa
12-30-2004, 01:50 PM
congrats.

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-30-2004, 08:49 PM
its weird ... our sex life has become better now that it ever was.

we also arent married after 9 years of being togeather. i rock!

Becca
12-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Being together 9 years regardless of the existance of that little peice of paper rocks! Toast:

May Unixfu and his wife-to-be have at least 9 years with the rocks only in the yard (or in bed, but in no other part of the house);) :D

David Jamieson
12-31-2004, 07:11 AM
the glue of marriage is the fear of default on majour financial commitments! :p

so if you want your marriage to be strong, get into staggering debt together. :)

GunnedDownAtrocity
12-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Becca
Being together 9 years regardless of the existance of that little peice of paper rocks! Toast:

May Unixfu and his wife-to-be have at least 9 years with the rocks only in the yard (or in bed, but in no other part of the house);) :D

thanks and ill drink to that.

and the sex doesnt have to slow down to near extinction. or at least it doesnt have to stay like that if it does. ours did for a long time after adora was born, but we eventually got it back on track. i think thats a normal phase in a relationship, but not a permanent one.

two words. chick flicks. i have found that watching stupid ass girl movies like .... ummmm ....english dudes or ... well you dont have to pay attention to them, but if you watch them you're almost certain to get some action. even if they fall asleep right after it, you're owed sex that you can collect later.

you'll also find that you'll have more morning sex than night sex. i dont know why that is, but it's true as far as ive experienced and been told. if you dont let a sunday morning go by without gettin it on all dreary eyed and stinky breathed you guys will be good to go. of course its more difficult after you have a kid, but it gets easier and easier as they get older.

PHILBERT
01-01-2005, 10:10 PM
You should have dressed up as Santa Claus or something.

David Jamieson
01-04-2005, 02:52 AM
...or Darth Vader woudl have been geeky and cool too. :p

Tom, you sound bitter.

But at least it has passed now.... I hope. :)