PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of this guy?

woliveri
12-29-2004, 01:30 PM
http://www.greenmantis.20m.com/

shirkers1
12-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I looked into this guy when I first moved to phoenix, but was turned off by reading a few things on him so I never went and checked him out.

woliveri
12-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, this line:

Professor Dr. Reverend Sifu Martin D. Werner D.D. L.Ac. B.S. A.A. L.M.T. L.O.A. S.P. A.A.

gives reason to question.

He doesn't list a lineage or from who he learned that I can find.

shirkers1
12-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah there was a bunch of stuff. First off I didn't want to train in southern mantis since my background was 7*, so I was looking for something close to that. The only thing I found even close to the same neighboorhood as what I did before was a guy out in gilbert (which is about an hour away) who did WC and JKD mix. He was blown away by my stuff and how we moved so he kept trying to get me to integrate my stuff into what he had. So I figured if I'm going to do that I might as well just keep doing mantis and get permission to teach myself. So that's what I did. :) If you're heading out this way, you are more than welcome to train with me. I don't charge anything, because I'm training out of my house right now.

Three Harmonies
12-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Shirkers
One of Steve Cottrell's students is out in Buckeye AZ. if you are interested.

Jake

shirkers1
12-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey jake thanks, yeah I emailed him a while ago then lost his phone number. :(

Buckeye is about an hour away though. I just don't have enough time in the day to drive out there. I work full time, have a side printing business I'm working on and kung fu. There is also one of Pels german students who lives about 20 minutes away who I still need to contact as well. I think I need to quit my job!!!! Just so I can dedicate myself to working out. :)

HeartbreakRidge
12-30-2004, 11:05 AM
"Professor Dr. Reverend Sifu Martin D. Werner D.D. L.Ac. B.S. A.A. L.M.T. L.O.A. S.P. A.A"

Right now is it just me, but i thought one progressed from being a doctor to becoming a professor and therefore getting his Mr. tile back, and what do all them letters count for, i dont buy it, but then it would be ignorant for me discount him as a very credible teacher without more information, just seems like to much discrepancy in the title.

Three Harmonies
12-30-2004, 12:08 PM
I have never met the man. I have tried several times to contact him in the past to no avail.
I will not spread rumors, but I will say this.... within the Southwest CMA community, he does not have much of a decent reputation. Best way to find out is talk to him though.

Jake

Hua Lin Laoshi
12-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Well I've never seen anyone put all their titles together in one line like that. Generally, I think they usually go with the just the highest title or the one that fits the topic at hand.

Why use Reverand for advertising martial arts? Would he also use the Sifu title for his religeous dealings?

Just sounds funny to me. Sounds like he's a bookworm with a lot of theory and no life. But I could be wrong.

sayloc
12-30-2004, 07:10 PM
I do baptisms at my school, $25 a pop. Just before the dog fights.

Hard to make a living at teaching kung fu, especially when people dont understand why you have a grasshopper on you logo!

Three Harmonies
12-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Sayloc,
We do chicken fights, and you become a member of the United Church of Satan! :D

Too funny.

yu shan
12-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Yea, this mile long title was way too funny. I have met people with numerous degrees, but were clueless about real life and common sense. Sayloc, I got a mean a s s dachsund willing to travel, he knows no fear!

sayloc
12-31-2004, 07:56 AM
Yushan

I can not accept your "challenge". I do not know of any praying mantis techniques that can defeat a mean a s s dachsund!

yu shan
12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
A free lunch is a very nice idea.

Mika
12-31-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by yu shan
Sayloc, I got a mean a s s dachsund willing to travel, he knows no fear!

ROTFL....:D :D :D

Now, THAT was some funny s h i t :D

flem
01-03-2005, 08:07 PM
since we're on the topic, sort of, does anyone remember the dude that advertised in IKF that knew- everything, the strange bald dude with the "telly" awards? LOLOLOL....