PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the Choy Lay Fut lineages?

GuSpeed
01-02-2005, 07:17 PM
I wanted to know if anyone know if Chan Koon Pak ever had a student name Ching Mau? I'm not sure if that's how you spell the name. If anyone could help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

SevenStar
01-04-2005, 03:48 PM
send a pm to lkfmdc - he may have some insight into it.

CLFNole
01-05-2005, 08:55 AM
I have never heard the name Ching Mau in all of my CLF history. Closest thing would be Cheong Mo as in Chan Cheong Mo, who was a student of Chan Koon Pak and Chan On Pak.

Maybe if you knew of some of his students it might help. I'll ask around to see if anyone has heard the name but I don't think so.

Peace.

GuSpeed
01-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Thank you for your help. The reason I ask is because I study kung fu from this Sifu who claim his Dai Dai Sigung is Ching Mao (not exactly sure if this is how you spell it) who was a student of Chan Koon Pak. I have always been skeptical so I have been doing searches for a long time with no luck.

I haven't seen other kung fu school teach but it seems what he is teaching are effective. Any insight on this would be great. Thank you so much.

monk weed
01-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Who is your sifu and sigung. maybe that will help trace your lineage.

CLFNole
01-09-2005, 11:28 AM
If you could write the chinese characters it would be easier. However no one I asked has heard of a Ching Mau.

Peace.

JAZA
01-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I think you can ask directly to www.clfma.com.

They have registers of all the official disciples of the Chan family.

Also you can read http://www.vividnet.com/~mun/clf-hist.htm.

Chan Koon Pak - the Successor to Chan Heung
Chan Koon Pak, the second son of Chan Heung, was a very adept and intelligent person. At a rather young age, he had mastered the art his father had passed onto him. But Chan Koon Pak, chose to become a merchant and settled in Kong Moon. Under persistent persuasion, he did come out for a stint as the head instructor of the Choy Lee Fut school in Kong Moon. Chan Koon Pak later moved to Canton, where he opened a kungfu school as a result of popular request. Countless number of people had come to him for instructions; notably Ngan Yiu Ting, Wong Fook Wing, Wu Kee Biu, Lee Hin Cheung, Choy Pak Tat, Choy Pak Hung, etc.
Chan Koon Pak was a disciplinarian and the same stern attitude to learning was also impressed onto his son Yiu Chi. Chan Yiu Chi seldom turned his thoughts off kungfu. Even when sitting idle, his feet could be seen practising. This kind of incessant work made Chan Yiu Chi, an outstanding exponent of Choy Lee Fut. He represented speed, power,agility and more.

Eddie
01-13-2005, 12:12 AM
read some where before of a chan mau, which was one of the chan relatives. Maybe that could help?
Eddie

GuSpeed
01-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Hello, Thanks for all your help. My Dai Sigung is Allen Chinn and his father, who he learned Choy Lay Fut from is Chinn Ham Fook. Any other help would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

Eddie
01-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Have you tried to ask your sifu for info?

Maybe he would know best. Some masters had more than 1 teacher.

Regards
Eddie