PDA

View Full Version : Wing Tsun words?

BurtRaynolds
09-27-2001, 11:21 PM
Hi

I'm about to try out Wing Tsun and I was wondering if there is a list explaining the Wing Tsun words anywere on the net. (Words like Pak-Sao, Yap-Gerk, Bong-Gerk and so on.)

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

dlew308
09-27-2001, 11:43 PM
http://www.awcaonline.com/forms/terminology.htm
One of many places you can find the terms using a search engine....

David

BurtRaynolds
09-28-2001, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the link and the warm welcome.

dlew308
09-28-2001, 03:19 AM
welcome to Wing Chun, I'm new too :)

BurtRaynolds
09-28-2001, 12:08 PM
Thanks.

How long have you trained Wing Chun? And what's your first impression?

:)

dlew308
09-28-2001, 07:03 PM
I've been going for about a month. I love it. After the first class I went to watch and participated, I was hooked. The whole enviroment is serious yet relaxing and fun. Everyone is very helpful. This is my first experience to martial arts and it's great so far. My Sifu is Robert Chu.

chen zhen
09-29-2001, 07:04 PM
But i've gotta ask you, is it the WT school on vesterbrogade in KBH? because my t'ai ch'i teacher warned me about that WT school, he said it was fake WT and they taught it very bad and that it is a load of crap generally..
just wanted to be sure.

BurtRaynolds
09-30-2001, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the warning, but no it's not the one in Copenhagen. It's the one in Odense (WT Center Kongensgade) It's in the same organisation I guess, I don't know if they've got any contact to each other besides that. Maybe you could ask your t'ai ch'i teacher if he knows anything about that school or Wing Tsun in Denmark in general. I'd be really greatful.

Tak for hjælpen.

Wingtsun
09-30-2001, 06:34 AM
Sifu Morten in Odense is one of the best WT teachers in Denmark and a very nice guy.

WT i Danmark firar sitt 25 årsjubileum den 3 November.Det blir uppvisningar på WT center i Köpenhamn hela dagen.
Enligt min mening så har danskarna definitivt en mycket hög standard på sin WT.

jesper
09-30-2001, 07:51 AM
Jeg har selv trænet på vesterbrogade, og det er definitivt en god skole.
Har du været der og checket selv Chen Zhen??
Lad være med at bringe mudderkastning til forumet

jesper
09-30-2001, 08:03 AM
Was a little impolite, and should have posted in english.
Basicly I told Chen Zhen, he shouldnt be passing on hear saying, but go visit the place himself.

On a sidenote, the place he mention is the danish headquarter of EWTO.
If you would like to go, there are new classes every hour from 0900 to 1900 on weekdays, and from 1000 to 1400 every saturday and sunday.

BurtRaynolds
09-30-2001, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback. The club in Odense seem great (at least I've never heard anything bad about it) and Jesper is right it's probably best to visit the school before making any kind judgement. I don't think chen zhen's intend was to make trouble, he was just trying to be helpful, but I see your point Jesper and you're absolutly right.

Igen, Tak for hjælpen alle sammen.