PDA

View Full Version : New Police Story

PangQuan
01-03-2005, 11:40 AM
This movie is so cool. I am glad to see that Mr. Chan is now "taking it easier". He has really made some great stunts in the past and those will forever live on. I am just happy he is takin it easy on his body now, so that he can continue to live and perform for his fans. I think this was his greates acting to date. Any opinions?

norther practitioner
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
I really enjoyed this one... and as far as "taking it easy" Did you see some of the outtakes!?

eling99
01-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
I really enjoyed this one... and as far as "taking it easy" Did you see some of the outtakes!?

man..it was really a good movie..gave me teary eyes...that beginning was just horrible..

GeneChing
01-03-2005, 04:09 PM
In one of the earlier Police Stories, Jackie was on top of a speeding bus. In New Police Story (http://www.martialartsmart.net/dvd10083.html) Jackie does the same stunt with safety lines, but he's nearly twice as old. At 50, I'm glad Jackie is using safetly lines.

We've been discussing New Police Story on a thread in the media forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34146)

PangQuan
01-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Ya, its the safety lines i mean when i say "taking it easy" it is in no way EASY, but safer then he used to be. Jackie is still the man. I loved the last fight scene. Was bomb diggity. My version did not have the outakes for some reason, its even the chinese version. kinda odd.

GeneChing
01-05-2005, 10:56 AM
The NGs (no goods) are often the best part of a Jackie Chan film. The New Police Story DVD (http://www.martialartsmart.net/dvd10083.html) we offer is a double disc - the extra disc is a 'making of' documentary. The documentary isn't subtitled unfortunately, but you get the idea. They show how they did stuff like that weird rappelling stunt after the X game scene, which they really did. That was no blue screen effect. When that villain rides his bike down the side of a building, he really did that, with a little help from some safety lines. It's amazing to see this guy try to figure out how to ride a bike down the side of a building. The girl who did that stunt took a big fall at the end. She bounces off the roof pretty badly.

norther practitioner
01-05-2005, 11:35 AM
The foward rappelling is usually called rapping.. either way, I'm sure it isn't easy with a bike there, or while wearing rollerblades. The one thing that disappointed me about that prior scene was the lack of skateboarders.

GeneChing
01-05-2005, 03:31 PM
It wasn't actually rappeling, was it? Is it still rapping? I know what you mean about the skateboards. I expected a little more from that X games scene. It had great potential, but I think HK is a little behind when it comes to half pipe.

norther practitioner
01-05-2005, 03:46 PM
I should actually say, a group of crazy Kiwis I met a couple of winters ago did it like that, it is rappelling, but going forward, and they called it rapping, and got annoyed when people said rapping....

One of the guys I think actually did a little bit of time (like a day or two) in jail for rapping a building.