PDA

View Full Version : 6pak problem

manofkent
01-04-2005, 06:29 AM
I have a small gap that runs verticaly down my stomach, from a physical point of veiw i dont mind cos it doesnt look bad, however when i tense and puch my finger between the muscles it does hurt, and any finger jab would probably knock me down.

Does anyone know any exersises to shield this in some way???

IronFist
01-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Nope. It also hurts like hell if you get finger jabbed in the belly button.

PangQuan
01-04-2005, 10:36 AM
If this is not something that can be solved by doing an extreme amount of situps and other ab exorsises to build muscle, then you may want to seek a good Qi Kung teacher. There are several types of Qi Kung that can help you with that problem.

manofkent
01-04-2005, 02:22 PM
I would love to seek the help of a Qi Kung master, however there are none probably within 1000miles of my village in south east england.

I never noticed this problem before i had a 6pak. i seems as though the muscle has seperated.

Im thinking of buying a medicine ball... Ive never been trained with one and dont want to cause myself any probs buy doing the wrong exercises. Any tips???

PangQuan
01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I have never worked with one either, I would like to get one myself. I bet there is a good vcd out there with training tips. You may not be working your sides enough to compensate for your abs. I dont know your workout regime but this could be a cause for seperation. When I do sit ups i do one on the left one on the right then one in the middle. Try to keep it even, if your muscles on your sides are to small in comparison then your abdominals may spread to fill the space.

MoreMisfortune
01-04-2005, 08:18 PM
i wear a studded fat armor in front of my six pack that gives +3 AC and +6 AC against females so really, finger jabs dont hurt at my belly
seriously, they dont hurt
i dont remember ever being hurt by a strike on my belly

Samurai Jack
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by manofkent
I never noticed this problem before i had a 6pak. i seems as though the muscle has seperated.

Dude, if you really think your abdominal wall has seperated, you could have a hernia, which is only treatable with surgery. If this is the case, it will get worse, to the point where your internal organs start pushing out of the tear between your muscles. You must get yourself to a doctor as soon as possible.

manofkent
01-06-2005, 12:05 AM
I really dont think its that serious. I can still feel muscel between the gap, it just hurts when hit hard. thanks anyway

IronFist
01-06-2005, 12:40 AM
I've seen some pro bodybuilders on whom it looks like you could put your finger in between the sections of their 6 pack. I mean like 1/2" wide spaces. I wonder whats in there? I mean I know 6 pack shape is genetically determined, but what is in that space?

Toby
01-06-2005, 01:16 AM
My wife had (still has?) a tennis-ball size hole in her abdominal wall after our last child. We never noticed with the other kids - maybe she had it then too? Anyway, she could tense her ab. wall and there'd be this freaky big patch of nothing in the middle. Apparently it separates to accommodate all the expansion and takes a while to rejoin afterwards.

Becca
01-06-2005, 06:32 AM
It is a gap inbetween the top layers of muscle. There is a more noticeable gap for women who have had kids than for most anyone else, but everyone has it. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't feel a small lump. (Small lump is a hurnia) I also find that it hurts to be hit just right, but have never had any problems with it.

omarthefish
01-07-2005, 06:35 PM
This thread has officially grossed me out. I'm never coming back to "Training and Fitness" again...*blech*

IronFist
01-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by omarthefish
This thread has officially grossed me out. I'm never coming back to "Training and Fitness" again...*blech*

Aww, but we were just about to talk about poopoo and peepee :D

Becca
01-08-2005, 12:50 AM
We haven't even gotten to smelly discharges yet...:( ;) :p

IronFist
01-08-2005, 01:10 AM
I just pulled a hardened pus-cylinder out of a pimple on my neck.

Becca
01-08-2005, 01:12 AM
You have smelly discharge comming out of your neck?!?:eek:

manofkent
01-08-2005, 09:29 AM
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

WHATS HAPPENING TO MY THREAD!!!!!