PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad Idea??????

WhiteMonkey
01-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I've been searching the web for information on WHF for a good while now, last year I got fed up with the little information I found
scattered all over the net, I took the time to create a site dedicated to this great master, a collection of material and the sources, I'm in the final stages and hope to launch it very soon.

Here is my question....

Do you think putting the 16 book series on line for current and future mantis students who dont have access to this is a good or bad idea?

Also why?

Serious replies only

Thank you

Three Harmonies
01-05-2005, 06:40 AM
I think it is a great idea. Why...because information leads to knowledge, knowledge leads to understanding, and understanding makes everyone a little bit better.

Jake

BeiTangLang
01-05-2005, 07:58 AM
A good website WHF Specific,...however, I would suggest caution in posting the full books without checking out copyright laws first.

WhiteMonkey
01-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys... will take all that into consideration.

What do the rest of you think??

FEELERSTRIKE
01-05-2005, 11:31 AM
If you can do it without any legal issues I think it would be a great idea . Many of us are looking for rest of the books that were published after the first 16 . Good Luck .:)

shirkers1
01-05-2005, 12:12 PM
I have an article at home dealing with the publishing issues. We wanted to use a Pulp magazine cover for one of our cd's a while back so we got all the info on it. There is a time expiration on the publication, I just don't remember the exact amount of time off hand. It's like 30 years or something. I'll look it up when I get home for you and let you know. :)

shirkers1
01-05-2005, 12:13 PM
I have an article at home dealing with the publishing issues. We wanted to use a Pulp magazine cover for one of our cd's a while back so we got all the info on it. There is a time expiration on the publication, I just don't remember the exact amount of time off hand. It's like 30 years or something. I'll look it up when I get home for you and let you know. :)

As for the idea of the site, I think it is wonderful. Being that I'm from the WHF line it would be great to learn more. I already have the 16 vol set but it would be nice to have some translation to english. :)

BeiTangLang
01-05-2005, 01:34 PM
You need to double check that as well,...not just the publication, but the creator of the piece. I know in photography, usage of images by magazines covers is not always inclusive of the contents of the art on the cover....ie, I sell a picture to a magazine for a single run (basicly limited usage & not full rights). 30 years later, copyright coverage of the magazine is no longer valid, but I as the creator of the image still retain copyright of the picture on the magazine & have full rights to sue if my image is used.
Just a thought.
~BTL

(sorry I ran you two together, I was speaking on one subject then realized it applied to you both)

shirkers1
01-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Whitemonkey I pm'd you with the info.