PDA

View Full Version : help me - prepare to MT - what cana do?

MoreMisfortune
01-05-2005, 08:42 AM
ok you btiches, i intend to go train MT this year
right now im at my parents on vacation, so i cant

so im at a house... and i wanted to do stuff to prepare me-self physically for training so when i get there im not so bad shape right right?
right right, so here is the list of equipament i have here at parents to workutout:

1) trendmill (works for walking, doubt can resist me weight for running)
2) floor
3) walls
4) sofa

So i was wondering, anyone can help me and say stuff i could do to better shape? And how much / how often

What do you guys think of rope skipping? Is it part of MT training btw? I dont have a rope and i dont know how to rope skip (i really dont, i can go 1... 2... 3... fail...)

Anyone trains MT? What should i be expecting physically?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Suntzu
01-05-2005, 09:18 AM
go to the store and buy a rope...... do body weight exercise in between rounds............ go outside and do sprint.... lift weights..... it's a bunch you can do in the meantime... be creative...... expect to be tired... ALOT

Pork Chop
01-05-2005, 09:31 AM
3 to 5 times a week, you should do the following as best as you can (feel free to switch the order):

If you can't find a rope, cut a garden hose- if you step in the center each end should extend up to your armpit.
If you can't do that, try Jumping jacks.
You should do jump rope or jumping jacks for 3 rounds of 2 minutes.

Squat (50 or so)
Jumping squat (20 or so)
Lunges (50 or so)
Jumping Lunge (20 or so)
Duck walk (between 10 and 30 meters)
Frog Jumps (20 or so)
Push ups (20 or so)
Squat Thrusts aka burpees (10 to 20)
crunches (50 or so)
leg lifts (50 or so)
bicycles (for 1 minute)

Work on bridging with your head (look up wrestler's bridge to see what I mean).

2 or 3 days a week do interval/cardio training:
Get a stop watch; and for 10 to 20 minutes repeat the following:

Sprint 2 minutes, light jog (or walk) 1 minute

BTW- is that African or Indigenous?

FngSaiYuk
01-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Just to add, in addition to sprints, run backwards in between sprints, it'll add to the speed and power in your legs.

And emphasis is on running and jump roping... you need LOTS of cardio/stamina...

EDIT: oh and if you can't take a hit, then work on your core a lot - same excercises as above, just focus on your core in addition to the cardio.

IronFist
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Practice toughening up your shins and get in good cardio shape.

MoreMisfortune
01-06-2005, 07:34 PM
hey guys, thanks guys

suntzu and FngSaiYuk,
the rope i might try, but first ill have to find wehre on this god-em town i find those for sale... i dont think they have a gym stuff store
they have precisely 2 gyms in town, i not sure if i wanna go cos my doubt is how much im gon be here.... so i was thinking of trying stuff at home
for the sprinting/running i also dont know where the hell id do that... i dont know of any track around and i dont think go running crazy on the street dodging people on the sidewalk... (im shy)
not worrying about taking hits... i consider that the fun part and the less tiring part also, the problem is when it gets to the hitting part one (read "me") willl/might be already tired from the lots of stuff done before.
Still, do you guys think just walking the trendmill will be of use?

Bmore,
man... ill try the jacks... but 3 rounds of 2 mins... son... jacks are my weakness... ill post back if i come back alive
Im looking at the other stuff you said (i did some of it today), my worries is with the jumping lunge (aint it gonna **** my knees to space?) and the frog jumps (same thing).
Also ive no idea what burpees, leg lifts and bicycles are (or is it just ridding a bike?). Same thing with bridging (we dont have much wrestling here).
As for the interval, i gots the same problem as the sprinting stuff... hmm...

and BTW - AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (explodes)

Fisto,
Any ideas where/how should i contion my shins? me gots no pads in here... nor... trees...

But anyway i did a preview of a few things today and tomorrow i start my own ANNOYING BLOG (ill call it "flog") :D wich will also include food information and weight in the future.

Pork Chop
01-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Okay, first the exercises:

Squat thrust/burpees:
http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-w/uscga/services/PT/squatthrust.htm

bicycles (weird site, but at least she's hot):
http://www.hydroxycut.com/WOMEN/WORKOUT/ABS_GLUTES/abs_glutes5.shtml

leg lifts (example shows bent knees, can also do it straight legged):
http://www.dcdoctor.com/pages/rightpages_wellnesscenter/homeexercises/back/exercises/exer_abd_leglifts.html

bridge (the picture on the left, ain't gotta use weights):
http://www.americanpowerliftevolution.net/EightStandardLiftsPage.html

As far as the leg exercises go- just do squats until you're confident in your leg strength before you try to add any jumps.

For the running & sprinting- just run in place, you don't need a track, the heartrate, not the distance, is what's important.

Try to do as many of those exercises as you can nonstop.
You want to keep your heart rate up.

For conditioning your shins:
Kun Khao Charuad (sp?) aka Kru Brooks Miller of one spirit martial arts recommends only kicking a heavybag for shin conditioning. Many other Thai kickboxers I've met on and offline recommend the same thing. No need to do any crazy conditioning stuff; just wait till you get a heavybag and kick the lower part of it.

good luck

Vash
01-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Good luck, xebs.

FngSaiYuk
01-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by BMore Banga
bicycles (weird site, but at least she's hot):
http://www.hydroxycut.com/WOMEN/WORKOUT/ABS_GLUTES/abs_glutes5.shtml

heh, couldn't help but check out the form of the chix on that site for ALL the excercises... ::grin::

Mr Punch
01-09-2005, 06:35 AM
So what's happened Xebs? You spudded out already?!

BTW I've heard carrying coconuts is good exercise... you can tie them between your dorsal feathers.

MoreMisfortune
01-09-2005, 06:52 AM
shyt son, me mom got some xmas stuff from her workplace (lotsa chocolate) and i cant train until i finish that
its almost done

FngSaiYuk
01-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
shyt son, me mom got some xmas stuff from her workplace (lotsa chocolate) and i cant train until i finish that
its almost done
Oh man, u're gonna hurt if you don't train some beforehand... I just got up after my MT session after not training for almost 2 weeks 'cuz of the holidays and man am I SORE!

The cardio is really important for all the punching, kicking, kneeing and clinching, but gotta emphasize keeping the core and lat muscles solid for absorbing all same tossed back at ya.

Mr Punch
01-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
its almost done Hahaha...

[Alec Guinness voice] Use the chocolate, Luke, use the chocolate!!![/end]:D

Actually dunno if it's true but I heard somewhere that refined sugar products, although simple carbs, produce very very inflexible muscle fibres, so it really buggers up stretching...:eek:

Good luck with the training geez!

IronFist
01-09-2005, 12:41 PM
MoreMisfortune = xebs? No way! I didn't know that.

Rock on, buddy. Fvcking awesome heavy metal helps you prepare for MT, too.

Toby
01-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
MoreMisfortune = xebs? No way! I didn't know that.:D Slowest catch-on ever! Xebs and Volcano retired and were replaced by MM months ago.

IronFist
01-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Maybe cuz I only pay attention to my own posts anyway, so I wouldn't have noticed that. :D

Toby
01-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Lol! That doesn't surprise me :p.

MoreMisfortune
01-10-2005, 08:06 AM
lol its me
but MM has not what they call "social brake"
MM is a functional part of my wanna-be personality
i aint like this in real life, im very quiet and shy :D

we are having problems with the water reservatory in the house
annoys me the idea of possibly not being able to bath today if i workout this afternoon

Mr Punch
01-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Pheromones geez! Cultivate the pheromones! It drives em wild I tell ya! :D

And jeez Ironfist geez, there was even some thread about which Xebby incarnation we liked best...! Wear more head protection! Take it from me as one whose heads had more shots than Ali,

Dave.

Mr Punch
01-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Er,

Mat.

Mr Punch
01-10-2005, 08:53 AM
:D;)

SevenStar
01-10-2005, 01:22 PM
you got a treadmill - do windsprints and distance running either on the treadmill or outside. run at least 3 days a week, maybe do windsprints on the other days. plenty of bodyweight exercises, like the ones that have been listed here already and pretty much anything you see listed on scrapper's site. When you jump rope, shadowbox, etc. do it in three minute intervals - the duration of a round.

However, you really don't have to do anything to get ready for it...I hear people say that all the time, and it irks me every time, because it's nothing more than an excuse generally. They say "I want to train, but I need to geet in shape first, then I'll start" - you don't need to get in shape - the training will get you in shape.

IronFist
01-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Mat
:D;)

lol

FngSaiYuk
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
- you don't need to get in shape - the training will get you in shape.

heh, yah, it just hurts that much more... ::grin::

SevenStar
01-11-2005, 11:26 AM
:D