PDA

View Full Version : Best skateboarding vid I have ever seen

IronFist
01-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Rodney Mullen (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/514/)

richard sloan
01-06-2005, 02:09 AM
better than "Whisky...?"

Kristoffer
01-06-2005, 07:22 AM
daaamn tight

richard u got a link to that?

Ray Pina
01-06-2005, 07:44 AM
My girlfriend got me a new Snakeboard for Christmas ... $hit is tight.

You guys ever seen one of those? I had the original one in college but the new one is much better.

PS

**** that guy can flow. I've never seen someone slide/grind with the deck of the board and then flip it over like that.

I'm going to see if the surf shop has a copy of that tonight.

MasterKiller
01-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Obviously, you've never seen The Search For Animal Chin (http://powellclassic.com/detail.html?cart=1105023822737476&s=VDAACV)

I have a Powell "Caballero Classic" deck with Independent Trucks. I was a big-time skater in high-school. I had local sponsors and everything. Now, I just skate when I walk my dog.

Rodney Mullen is serious Old Skool. That guy invented about 80% of the tricks kids do today.

Shaolinlueb
01-06-2005, 08:11 AM
that guy is pretty **** good. crazy old school. is that an AFI song?

norther practitioner
01-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Y'all need to get the video whatever... lol
There are some sick cats out there now. Mullen is a god though.

Speaking of which, I think I would own all in THPS 1-4 and both undergrounds....

norther practitioner
01-06-2005, 08:21 AM
I've never seen someone slide/grind with the deck of the board and then flip it over like that.

I'm not sure if you are talking about doing a flip trick after a grind or onto/into one, because there are some cats that can do both... but a darkslide is one that is sick, where it is half a kickflip on, slide on the top of the board, then half a flip out... now there are even some variations to this.

red5angel
01-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Obviously, you've never seen The Search For Animal Chin

fukking classic!

brothernumber9
01-06-2005, 09:40 AM
I haven't seen a skate vid since "ban this" I loved that one

Ray Pina
01-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I never saw someone do half a kick flip, grind pretty much on their grip tape, and then kick flip out of it. Very cool.

If I could skate like that I wouldn't need waves.

They just opened a new skatepark in my town with a 6 foot half pipe. Now we have two skateparks but no bawl/pool. That's what I'd really like.

mortal
01-06-2005, 10:19 AM
He is a technical skater God! And he is in his 30's.

That shows how long it takes to get that good.

norther practitioner
01-06-2005, 10:20 AM
It's called a darkslide..

pools are fun, but are almost mainly why I don't skate too much any more. **** knee injuries.

MasterKiller
01-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by mortal
He is a technical skater God! And he is in his 30's.

That shows how long it takes to get that good. He's been that good for a long time. Those old Powell videos circa 1985-1988 have plenty of footage of him doing insane tricks.

IronFist
01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
It's called a darkslide..

pools are fun, but are almost mainly why I don't skate too much any more. **** knee injuries.

I've never seen a pool that looked like the pools skaters skate in. Every pool I've ever been in has had walls that meet the bottom at 90 degree angles. None of that nice curved stuff, which I think would suck for swimming in, anyway. Did they make real pools like that?

MasterKiller
01-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
I've never seen a pool that looked like the pools skaters skate in. Every pool I've ever been in has had walls that meet the bottom at 90 degree angles. None of that nice curved stuff, which I think would suck for swimming in, anyway. Did they make real pools like that? New pools are more square because of better cementing technology. Older pools, i.e., 60s and 70s were rounded to better distribute the weight of the water and help prevent the cement seems from leaking/cracking...

Vash
01-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Just another example of OVERLY FLOWERY and INEFFICIENT SKATING MECHANICS. Why, oh why, is it we must be bombarded with such TRITE exhibitions of "skill" which, though certainly interesting and difficult, are NOT EFFICIENT and fall to pieces when used against a RESISTING OPPONENT, ie, the half-pipe.
Does this MAN NOT KNOW that, at any time, hundreds of ANGRY MIDGETS could attack with those little plastic golf clubs, and hammer him about the ankle, shin and knee area? What's he going to DO then? I thought so.

Here at the Straight Blast Skate Park, we teach only 100% EFFICIENT AND PRACTICAL SK8ING. No, it's not visually appealling, accept to the TRUE skating devotee, but it lets you get from point A to point B safely and efficiently. No "grinding the rails" here folks. One foot on the board, one foot pushing pavement. We're the BEST, the ONLY ANSWER to the skating problem. We don't dabble in LAND SURFING.

More to the point, the JKDC (Jesus' Kneeling Deck Concepts) we employ allows for SAFE and EFFICIENT skating, even in groups of skaters. Just try to STAY AWAY from the CLASSICAL MESS of "exciting" and "x-treme" skaters; their style is so focused on the show, they NEGLECT the SAFE MOVEMENT OF THE SKATEBOARD PASSENGER FROM PLACE TO PLACE!!! Seriously folks, lets get real: "SKATING" OF THE TYPE SEEN IN THIS VIDEO JUST DOESN'T WORK UNDER PRESSURE.

*for the rest of this article, which is comparable in importance to the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST OUR LORD-SK8ER, please sign up for the SBSP Newsletter, where the ONLY TRUTH is SOLD!*

Vash
01-06-2005, 11:11 AM
And what if he GOES to the GROUND?! What's he GONNA DO then? The concrete is infinitely harder than his FEEBLE, INEFFICIENT SKELETON, and will certainly BREAK his BONES, along with rending HIS flesh.

AND AGAIN, WHAT of the MIDGETS? If he is REMOVED from his BOARD, how is his FLOWERY AND INEFFICIENT boarding going to assist him in a MIDGET-MUGGING situation? THOSE biches bite, YOU KNOW.

wall
01-06-2005, 12:07 PM
as an over 30 who between 14 and 20 spent most of his non-wushu time skating (and surfing) I can tell you that Rodney Mullen is a veritable legend of street skating. IMO the best ever on street, kind of like Tony Hawk for ramps.

IronFist
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Vash: 9.95, my friend.

:D

Ray Pina
01-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Any of you guys see Dog Town? That's a good skate documentary with some cool surf footage of guys shooting the pier, ect. You can rent it at Blockbuster.

MasterKiller
01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
DogTown and Z Boys was cool. I like more of the mid to late 80s scene (Bones Brigade et al.), but it was neat to see where Stacy Perralta and those guys got started.

Vash
01-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
Vash: 9.95, my friend.

:D

Holy siht, TMNT flashback.

Kristoffer
01-06-2005, 03:04 PM
from what?

Vash
01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
One of the songs that plays at the end of TMNT the first movie is called "9.95"

norther practitioner
01-06-2005, 03:39 PM
the .05 was for the lack of refference to a deck bar....:D

merely speculation on my part though

Vash
01-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Very well could be. I'm not up on the terminology, though i watch the X-Games when they come on.

Toby
01-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
I have a Powell "Caballero Classic" deck with Independent Trucks.I had the "Ripper" deck with Indy trucks. Some mother****er stole it when I was inside a deli for like 5min. My friend's Caballero was stolen 2 weeks later. Bastidge deli owner wouldn't let us keep our skaties inside, even though we spent $100s on his video games.

IronFist
01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Vash
Holy siht, TMNT flashback.

Absolutely amazing.

Yeah, that's the number they said at the end, and then the name of the song, too.

CaptinPickAxe
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Rodney Mullen is a frickin' badass!
Skateboarding isn't martial arts, as in the moves are supposed to be flowery.(yes, yes, I know you were trollin')

One of the best skate videos I've ever seen is Mullen vs. Song Pt.2. Mullen is the Sigung of flat land skateboarding...bar none. Any new kid who likes this field the best should look up to Mr. Mullen.

richard sloan
01-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
daaamn tight

richard u got a link to that?

http://www.videoxsports.com/whiskey12.html

First time I saw this I was sandwiched between a guy named Papi, and a 275lb black football player who I was calling Jeru the Damaja, we were drinking coquito that Papi had made, and before I knew it, everyone was throwing the "n" word around conversationally...

Anyway we were p!ssing our pants- this was way before jack@ass and I couldn't believe there were people out there stupider than my friends. Riding motorcross through the grocery store...there's just too much to mention.