PDA

View Full Version : Chd,green Destiny

doug maverick
01-06-2005, 11:21 AM
hey,

i've seen some copies of this sword online and a the shops, down here in nyc. back in november my fight crew and did a performance at the big apple convention(i work for the company that runs the convention) and one of the vendors gave me as a gift this sword that looks like the green destiny fron CHD. now like i said i've scene this sword before and it's a piece of crap, this thin peice of metal with this green pattern going up the sides. but this one was defferent it was heavy solid steel,and the pattern was steel colored, i really love this sword i practice with it every day, when i get togather with my fight team, i always bring it with me. i haven't seen another copy of it and i don't if it's out there. so my question is has anyone seen a green destiny replica THAT looks like the one i described?

Judge Pen
01-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Nope. All the ones I've seen are crap.

SimonM
01-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I saw a copy that was made out of sturdy metal once but it was balanced like a brick and the blade was so poorly connected to the hilt that it would shake and wobble. In other words:

Crap!

FuXnDajenariht
01-08-2005, 12:31 PM
hehe....maybe its the real green destiny.

close ur eyes tight and click ur feiyues together..... now wish really really hard. :D lol....are u flying yet?

j/k

dude you can't describe a sick ass sword like that without posting pics. whats wrong with you?

huuuh? huuuuuh?

doug maverick
01-08-2005, 02:20 PM
i'll post some pictures soon, the guy i got it from said he could get me another one so i might sell this one, any bidders???

Li Kao
01-09-2005, 02:56 AM
I got a very nice replica of this sword a few years back off of a vendor from Ebay. Unfortunately, I can't remember now which vendor it was, as I have ordered weapons from quite a few.

Regardless, most of the versions I have seen of this sword have been crap, but the one I have is actually quite well balanced and suitable for demos. It has the steel-colored pattern on the blade as well, with very nice detail work throughout, and fits snugly in the scabbard. It's suprisingly one of my favorite straight swords to actually practice with, although I originally got it just for the novelty aspect.

Li Kao
01-09-2005, 03:05 AM
On a related note, many vendors are selling replicas of Jet Li's sword in "Hero" and of course, there are scores of the Kill Bill and Highlander katanas out there. I think the quality on most of these are pretty low though. They make for neat collector's items, but I wouldn't expect to be actually using them for training, in general.

Were money not an issue, I would someday LOVE to have a custom hand-made sword made -- either a katana or a straight tai chi sword.

Shaolinlueb
01-09-2005, 05:32 PM
i saw a nice replica of it. cant remember where. some sword replica place that did mostly american stuff.

Shaolinlueb
01-20-2005, 01:59 PM
okay i found the version i was talking about. i dont know how well built it is or anything. but here it is green destiny (http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=nn6611&catid=0)
to me it doesnt look that good.

doug maverick
01-20-2005, 05:28 PM
thats not the version i have that version is buttcheeks compared to mine!

SimonM
01-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
okay i found the version i was talking about. i dont know how well built it is or anything. but here it is green destiny (http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=nn6611&catid=0)
to me it doesnt look that good.

Definately a different replica from the lump I saw. Still looks like overly-fancy crap though. :)

Shaolinlueb
01-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by SimonM
Definately a different replica from the lump I saw. Still looks like overly-fancy crap though. :)

it does, i dont think it looks like ti at all.

mickey
01-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Greetings,

I was told by an old friend that, aside from cinema and sword novels, the Green Destiny sword actually existed. It was supposed to be a very strong sword.

Doug Maverick, stop teasing. Please show us the sword.

mickey