PDA

View Full Version : attn anume heads: paranoia agent

SevenStar
01-08-2005, 12:58 PM
have any of you seen it yet? what did you think of it?

MoreMisfortune
01-08-2005, 02:49 PM
i havent seen man
if i had seen i would be able to comment cos i just watched lotr rotk and Eyes Wide Shut in a row
So my head is humming
I did replay a few times some of nicole's scenes

but im really just posting cos you got 8888 posts dude lol :D

FuXnDajenariht
01-08-2005, 03:55 PM
shhhh. dont post anymore. you'll ruin it. lol

FatherDog
01-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but it's in my greencine.com rental queue around position 16, so I probably will have in a month or two.

Have you seen Hajime no Ippo, by the way?

MoreMisfortune
01-08-2005, 07:59 PM
FuX is right, if i were you id never post again cos those 8888 just look so awesome. Total chick magnet, man.

Do you guys have Locomotion? That channel rules... got lots animes... unfortunely i dont have it no more.

PaiLumDreamer
01-08-2005, 09:16 PM
I love Hajime no Ippo. The torrents stopped, though. Now I cant get it. =/ I was at episode 50-ish? I dont remember.

SevenStar
01-09-2005, 03:46 PM
I went a day without posting, but I guess I have to ruin it eventually.

since you haven't seen PA yet, I won't spoil it. I'm only up through episode 7 right now, but I'll finish it tonight. I haven't seen hajime no ippo yet.

FatherDog
01-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
I haven't seen hajime no ippo yet.

Definitely check it out. It's about a kid who becomes a boxer - they start with him getting involved with the sport, training, debut match, different strategies, motivation for fighting... It's accurate enough that I enjoyed it for the accuracy, and the friend of mine who originally told me about it had no interest in boxing whatsoever but still enjoyed the series. It's really pretty cool.

SevenStar
01-10-2005, 11:06 AM
sounds like this ps2 game I was going to but - I think it was called either magnificent boxer or victorious boxer - it was about a kid who started boxing. You had to train him properly, or he would have training related issues in the ring, for example, if he lacked endurance, his legs would get wobbly.

SevenStar
01-13-2005, 10:38 AM
I just copped the whole hajime no ippo series for 30 bucks on ebay.

FatherDog
01-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I just copped the whole hajime no ippo series for 30 bucks on ebay.

That's gotta be a bootleg; they're only up to the fourth DVD in the US release, and there's something like 70 episodes in the series.

SevenStar
01-14-2005, 09:04 AM
there are 76 if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

I don't always like the US releases - they change alot of things. For example, in paranoia agent, the rogue assailant is called shonen bat - which you can actually put a meaning to that associates it with the series once you understand it. In the US release, I hear they changed it to "li'l slugger".

When PA gets sent to you, post about it...Need some people to discuss it with.

FatherDog
01-14-2005, 09:51 AM
there are 76 if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

I don't always like the US releases - they change alot of things. For example, in paranoia agent, the rogue assailant is called shonen bat - which you can actually put a meaning to that associates it with the series once you understand it. In the US release, I hear they changed it to "li'l slugger".

Yeah, that is kind of annoying, but I only watch subtitled so I tend to pick up that kind of thing anyway. Mainly, I avoid buying bootlegs so I can be sure that the studios and original creators get the money for the anime.

Not that I'm particularly moral; I still pirate music like a champ. But distributors pay close attention to what sells in America, so the more stuff I like that I buy "officially", the more likely it is that more of it will make it over here.

When PA gets sent to you, post about it...Need some people to discuss it with.

Will do.

SevenStar
01-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by FatherDog

Not that I'm particularly moral; I still pirate music like a champ. But distributors pay close attention to what sells in America, so the more stuff I like that I buy "officially", the more likely it is that more of it will make it over here.

yeah, I agree. I typically don't buy them either - this is the first time - but he had to whole series, so I compromised my beliefs. :)

I have had some bootleg stuff given to me though - record of lodoss war and gundam wing - endless waltz, but I eventually went and purchased that whole series and the movie anyway.

FatherDog
07-01-2005, 09:06 AM
http://www.princeton.edu/~moraski2/macros/risefromyourgrave.gif

Rise from your grave, thread!

Watched the first DVD of Paranoia Agent last night. It has the distinction of having one of the must simultaneously funny and creepy opening sequences I've seen.

While the first episode was titled "Enter Li'l Slugger", they always subtitled it as "Shonen Bat" in the actual show, so that was good. I like the animation, but it's Madhouse so that's hardly surprising.

It reminds me of Boogiepop Phantom in a lot of ways. I'm enjoying it so far, but I'll have to watch it to the end to really make a judgement, I think.

SevenStar
07-01-2005, 06:09 PM
yeah, no doubt. That intro creeped/tripped me out. coincidentally, I thought about this thread the other day. I figured you'd watched it already and just forgotten about the thread.

FatherDog
07-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I figured you'd watched it already and just forgotten about the thread.

Nah, Paranoia Agent just got put on hold till I'd finished all 50 episodes of Gundam SEED. :D