PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of Stretch Marks

Vash
01-10-2005, 04:01 PM
What's the best way? I've got some nasty stretch marks on my inner arms. At first, I was all "dayum, I grew so fast after that layoff, I stretched. Cool." Now, I'm all "that's just nasty."

FngSaiYuk
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Vash
What's the best way? I've got some nasty stretch marks on my inner arms. At first, I was all "dayum, I grew so fast after that layoff, I stretched. Cool." Now, I'm all "that's just nasty."

Good luck... I've tried EVERYTHING (well, everything reasonable) and I've still got them. The only consolation I have is that it's by my armpits and I'm on the darker side, so it's not noticeable unless you examine closely.

In any case, if you do have much success, do post your results and experience... I have a friend who's pregnant and has some of the most extreme stretch marks I've seen yet.

BIGtiny
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I got em too, I have heard that vit. E is good for them, however I havent really tried it.
-Bt

IronFist
01-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Did you try getting drunk?

Oh wait, that probably wouldn't help.

I think they lighten up with time.

Vash
01-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by IronFist

I certainly hope so.

I mean, I have these awe-inspiring guns, and I'm afraid to show 'em off cuz they have more stretch marks than that chick on the bbw/preggo pr0n site . . .

I didn't learn that from experience, btw . . .

IronFist
01-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Post pics.

I have a stretch mark (I think) along the edge of my armpit but you can't really see it.

tug
01-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Aren't they permanent? I mean, it's your skin being stretched and pulled so much that it splits the middle (?) dermis, making permanent damage, sort of like a scar, no?

FngSaiYuk
01-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Yep, pretty much... And just like other minor scarring, they can fade over time and there are a few things that can help the body to do this. Really tho', it's just a whole lot of work to massage the areas with all the possible junk that's supposed to help when the time can be used to do other things.

Just like almost everything else - eat well, get plenty of excercise, get enough rest, don't stress out, etc.

Of course if anyone DOES find some sort of miracle method, do clue us in - I'd like to buy stock in the company producing it.

blake
01-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Take Vit. E pills (liquid gel tab kind) break them into some coco butter and apply two times a day.

Doing this for about 3 months got rid of a whole area of stretchmarks i had on my arm.

MoreMisfortune
01-14-2005, 08:54 PM
you guys
we have them too
not from weights lifing, but becouse we grew really fast - gained height and weight like crazy from the age of 13 or 14 until like 16 i think
they look really fockin ugly
as if i wasnt ugly enough
in fact i dont know any dude or chick with more stretch marks than me, maybe if there are peeps with more they probably dont show around - like i dont show

what causes em?
there be genetics (that say how far your skin will be able to go and how much fast you will grow) and there are the external factors that add to that (doing weights, getting fat and losing and getting fat again, getting too much sun, pregnancy... so on)

you cant remove em completely
they do get lighter over time, but they stay there

you cant remove but there are some new stuff peeps do, with acid... acid something (forgot the name)
well, there be a few treatments to make them look less bad
and its very best that you treat them the earliest as possible
there are also other few methods
i myself havent treated any, but i intend to do so soon, though the reality is crappy
ah yeah you need to go to a dermatologist for those treatment

Airdrawndagger
01-15-2005, 05:24 AM
BLake,

You say you got rid of them, like they are totally gone, or faded so you cant see them anymore, do tell...

Not to many people can get rid of them................... dont lie now;)

blake
01-15-2005, 04:00 PM
I had a cluster of small light red/white stretch marks and I got completely rid of them with vitamin E and coco butter. I was also 17 when I did this, maybe it helped that I was younger.

FatherDog
01-15-2005, 05:56 PM

Couldn't hurt!

MoreMisfortune
01-15-2005, 08:39 PM
actually if you do that very often you will also get some new stretching on your belly
first its on the sides, over the hip
then later its on the front

its them alkyhol drinks very caloric
besides other theories about gases not everyone agrees with

blake
01-15-2005, 08:59 PM

I recently got really drunk and stretched its so much easier with some nice liquor on your side next day was kind of rough though.

FuXnDajenariht
01-17-2005, 07:09 AM
im using something called shea butter. its some all natural somesuch from africa that i got alot of good word about. ill tell you how well it works. i can't call it now tho.

Oso
01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
the shea butter is what a several women I know of used during their pregnancy to help mitigate the stretch marks. AFTER you have them I think it's tougher but if you are planning to bulk up a lot you can help during the process.

Don't worry about it dude..."Chick's dig scars" I'm living proof...I'm covered in them.

You just need a good story to go with them.

Vash
01-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Lessee . . . good story . . .

I was skinny with decent arms, got injured and fat around the midsection . . . got rid of fat and improved arms so darn fast the skin couldn't keep up . . .

No, no that won't do at all.

Howsabout . . .

I was parachuting into the Grand Canyon, all of a sudden, my harness snaps, and BAM! I'm falling. Luckily, I grabbed the emergency cord with my teeth and managed to deploy it. I had to hang on like that the whole way down. I couldn't grab anything, cuz the straps under my arms tore the hell out of the skin. Thats why my inner arms look like the skin of a 92 year old street ***** stretched over some 14 inch pipes.

MoreMisfortune
01-17-2005, 09:32 PM
with the teeth man thats awesome
awesome move

even though mom is a dentist i cant play guitar with my teeth

Oso
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
not bad but not as good as my snakebite story.

hmmm, my forearms are 13.5...but my upper arms are just 15.5

Vash
01-17-2005, 09:37 PM
As was the rest of the story, the measurement was BS ;)

Really though, I have no idea my arm measurements - hafta do that tomorrow.

MoreMisfortune
01-17-2005, 09:49 PM
man i believed in it
i feel violated

Vash
01-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
i feel violated

For some reason, I doubt that ;)

MoreMisfortune
01-17-2005, 10:33 PM
true dat :D

hey, wanna see a chick from uni
advice for chick - dont go filling profiles on internet communities and putting pictures on it

i wanna be a dog on my next existance

Serpent
01-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Man, she's hot. Why don't you ask her out?

MoreMisfortune
01-17-2005, 10:44 PM
shes like... older than me and i think shes almost gettin her degree i think

huh... and the usual

Serpent
01-17-2005, 10:53 PM
SO ****ING WHAT?!

:mad:

MoreMisfortune
01-17-2005, 10:55 PM
heres another one :D

this one was the chick i liked some months ago and didnt do anything about it

clockwork orange quote of the day:
"Good. Real Horrorshow. Initiative comes to those that wait. I've taught you well my little droogies."

small pic, one cant see much. a bigger one was the pitbull now grown up looking mean and saying "get away xebby or i bite your peepee"

ok ill stop now

:D

MoreMisfortune
01-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
SO ****ING WHAT?!

:mad:

im a loser, losers cant do anything
there about... thousands of guys cooler than me, why would she give a **** about me

lets stop screwing the thread now
i feel embarassed

blake
01-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
im a loser, losers cant do anything
there about... thousands of guys cooler than me, why would she give a **** about me

lets stop screwing the thread now
i feel embarassed

You know Kung Fu that has to count for something. Go GET THAT.

rubthebuddha
01-18-2005, 12:03 AM
even the newb (apologies to blake) knows it, xeb. you like dogs more than anyone i know, so a cutie that poses with her pup has her priorities straight. chat her/them up and see what happens. talk about their dogs -- it'll earn more brownie points than buying flowers ever did.

Serpent
01-18-2005, 03:45 AM
Oh man, the "doggie" possibilities are endless!

Think about it... ;)

FuXnDajenariht
01-18-2005, 05:52 AM
dude go talk to that first one! im gonna come to Brazil and kick your ass! :D she prolly the sweetest girl in the world. least thats what u tell yourself.

Oso
01-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Vash
As was the rest of the story, the measurement was BS ;)

Really though, I have no idea my arm measurements - hafta do that tomorrow.

now I'm embarassed to say that I actually did measure thinking you had....