PDA

View Full Version : Guy uses facial recognition software on his cat

IronFist
01-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Story (http://www.quantumpicture.com/Flo_Control/flo_control.htm).

Interesting.

Fu-Pow
01-11-2005, 05:49 PM
You could have labeled this off topic....I mistakenly thought this was a kung fu thread. :mad:

yutyeesam
01-11-2005, 05:55 PM
well, it is a skill to be able to use such technology, so it is kung-fu. :D

IronFist
01-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Fu-Pow
You could have labeled this off topic....I mistakenly thought this was a kung fu thread. :mad:

Too bad thread title changes don't show up after someone has replied. I mean, I can change it and it will show up in here, but not on the main forum. Watch.

edit - see what it says at the top of this thread in my post? Now go see what it says on the main forum.

Fu-Pow
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
Too bad thread title changes don't show up after someone has replied. I mean, I can change it and it will show up in here, but not on the main forum. Watch.

edit - see what it says at the top of this thread in my post? Now go see what it says on the main forum.

Geeez....relax.....I was just fockin' with ya.

MoreMisfortune
01-11-2005, 07:54 PM
thats pretty cool system

ill admit, though, that what draw my attention to this thread was the word "facial"
somehow it jumped in front of my eyes
i dunno why

ZIM
01-11-2005, 07:56 PM
load 'em up (http://www.faceanalyzer.com/default.aspx)

David Jamieson
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
hahahahaha.

I uploaded my pic and it said I am 72% south asian and 28% Chinese!

hilarious. I am so white I am blue truth be told. Not quite an albino, but edging in there.

must be my kungfu vibe or something.

on a lighter note, I also uploaded a pic of George W.

apparently, he is a moron.

go figure. :D

MoreMisfortune
01-11-2005, 08:58 PM
my results
52% Middle Eastern
48% Southern European

LOL! :D looks like if i go to usa they will even search my ******* for bombs when i arrive at the airport
im acutally very mixed (italian, portuguese, brazilian native, african...), but mostly i think i look italian.

Intelligence - 5.8 - Average Intelligence
I dont like to brag but... im better than that
Risk - 4.7 - Low Risk
whatever that is
Ambition - 5.5 - Average Ambition
Im not ambitious at all
Gay Factor - 1.3 - Very Low Gay Factor
LOL! finally an acurate one
Honor - 4.7 - Average Honor
this i dont know
Politeness - 5.6 - Average Politeness
ok, nothing special
Income - 6.0 - $30,000 - $50,000
i DONT HAVE an income
Sociability - 5.7 - Average Sociability
wrong, im anti-social
Promiscuity - 3.6 - Low Promiscuity
lol, im not gonna comment this

MoreMisfortune
01-11-2005, 09:01 PM
oh yeah my archetype it says: White Colar
and on their description of white colar im pretty much close to that, da.mn, what kids invent this days

Shaolinlueb
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
thats rpetty cool. so now not jsut anyone can use it.

anton
01-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Hahahaha I got 100% Chinese. I'm Russian, really pale with blue eyes and blonde hair.

pffft i say

Ming Yue
01-12-2005, 09:37 AM
I got 100% Chinese. :rolleyes: I'm fair skin, blond, green eyes.

ZIM
01-12-2005, 10:02 AM
I got 100% Chinese. I'm fair skin, blond, green eyes. Its gotta be that lime peel on your head. :D

Ming Yue
01-12-2005, 10:05 AM
actually I was wearing a pomegranite at the time.

:)

SevenStar
01-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
thats pretty cool system

ill admit, though, that what draw my attention to this thread was the word "facial"
somehow it jumped in front of my eyes
i dunno why

two reasons. either:

1. you want one

or

2. you know you will never be able to give one

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-12-2005, 11:07 AM
did seven just offer xebby teh bukkake?

FuXnDajenariht
01-12-2005, 12:29 PM
lmao :D thats cold man.

......that scanner is biased. it only has asian and european and possible races.... :confused:

MoreMisfortune
01-12-2005, 01:16 PM
:mad:

David Jamieson
01-12-2005, 06:40 PM
it is what is refferred to as a "random junk dispenser"

completely useless other than for wasting the time to use it.

anton
01-12-2005, 07:58 PM
^^indeed, try resubmitting the same photograph you get a different result each time.

IronFist
01-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by anton
^^indeed, try resubmitting the same photograph you get a different result each time.

Seriously? What crap.

IronFist
01-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I can't get it to work. I uploaded a pic but there's no "analyze" button or anything. I clicked the "submit" button again but nothing happened. How do you make it work?

Do you have to register? Registering sucks.

MoreMisfortune
01-12-2005, 10:34 PM
lol indeed
now im 100% chinese :D

anton
01-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
I can't get it to work. I uploaded a pic but there's no "analyze" button or anything. I clicked the "submit" button again but nothing happened. How do you make it work?

Do you have to register? Registering sucks.

yeah i think it wants you to register... seriously don't bother i think it just generates random results each time you click submit.

GeneChing
10-17-2019, 08:41 AM
ASIA OCTOBER 16, 2019 11:00PM PT
Universal’s Beijing Resort to Partner With Alibaba on Digitization (https://variety.com/2019/film/news/universal-beijing-resort-alibaba-comcast-nbcuniversal-1203373766/)
By REBECCA DAVIS

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/kung-fu-panda-31.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
CREDIT: COURTESY OF 20TH CENTURY FOX

Amid fierce controversy about the leverage China has over U.S. entertainment firms with significant mainland operations, Universal Beijing Resort and Alibaba announced a strategic partnership Thursday to digitize the forthcoming theme park in China’s capital.

Facial recognition and the use of big data will be the norm at the new resort, which will use an Alibaba operating system for park management and operations, the companies said. For visitors, this means they will be able to use Alibaba’s facial-recognition technology to enter the park, access lockers and express lanes, and pay for merchandise and meals. They can also skip lines and order food via an Alibaba app. Tmall, Alibaba’s e-commerce platform, will work with the park to co-market products.

Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts made the trip to Beijing for Thursday’s announcement, marking the project’s importance for the company.

Roberts said that operating a park was about “making it fun and easy for our guests to enjoy their time with family and friends” as much as it was about the rides. “Our partnership with Alibaba will help us do exactly that,” he said.

Foreign companies in China must have a local partner in order to do business in the country and access its enormous market. Universal Beijing Resort is owned by Beijing International Resort Company, a joint venture between Beijing Shouhuan Cultural Tourism Investment Company and Universal Parks and Resorts, a unit of Comcast NBCUniversal.

The collaboration will allow for the enactment of a “multi-dimensional data-enabled operations management solution for the industry” and the establishment of a “truly digitized theme park,” said Daniel Zhang, Alibaba Group’s executive chairman and CEO. “The future of commerce is driven by technology and big data, and digitization will be the source of brand-new growth opportunities for all businesses.”

Located in the suburban outskirts of Beijing, the theme park was first announced in 2014; construction began in 2016. Its opening date has been pushed back twice from 2019 to 2020 and now 2021. Once fully built, it will be the largest Universal park in the world. It is the fifth Universal resort worldwide and the third in Asia.

On Saturday, the resort announced new details for the park’s layout. It will be divided between seven themed lands: “Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness,” “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter,” ”Transformers: Metrobase,” “Minion Land,” “Jurassic World Isla Nublar,” ”Hollywood” and “WaterWorld.”

“Our theme park will showcase the best Universal rides, as well as all-new, unique experiences specially created to reflect China’s rich cultural heritage,” said Universal Beijing Resort president and general manager Tom Mehrmann.

The “Kung Fu Panda” land will be a world first, and the “Transformers” section will feature an expanded story about the character Metrobase, who chooses Beijing as the site of a new headquarters.

The last two “Transformers” films have been bigger hits in China than in the U.S., with last year’s “Transformers: The Last Knight” earning $229 million in China – $99 million more than in U.S. – and 2014’s “Transformers: The Age of Extinction” grossing $320 million, outpacing its $245 million performance in the US.

The finished resort will feature a Universal CityWalk entertainment and retail complex and at least two official on-site hotels: the Universal Studios Grand Hotel and the NUO Resort Hotel, set to open in 2021. A new subway station for the park is also currently under construction.

Disney, which opened its Shanghai Disneyland in 2016, was recently the subject of harsh criticism in a controversial “South Park” episode that took the studio to task for giving in to Chinese censorship demands in exchange for market access.

THREADS
Chinese Theme Parks (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?62642-Chinese-Theme-Parks)
Guy uses facial recognition software on his cat (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?34819-Guy-uses-facial-recognition-software-on-his-cat) (so delighted to find and ttt a facial recognition thread here. I anticipate that it will become quite relevant in future posts. :cool:)
Jack Ma & Alibaba (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?69642-Jack-Ma-amp-Alibaba)