PDA

View Full Version : favorite instructional vid/dvd/vcd

jun_erh
01-12-2005, 02:41 PM
I have a bunch of these things I've gotten. The vcds are only like 5 bucks where i get them and now the videos are coming down a bit. I like the wudang vcd, the one that is like a compilation of all the wudang ones. I like the video of the first shaolin tour that came here, the one with shi goulin and yanming and the guy with the big huge glasses. any one with applications is cool.

the Wudang one with the horsetail whisk is strange. who'd fight someone with a horsetail whisk? I have the ziranmen one where he knocks over a brick from like 8 feet away with his chi power :D staged I'm sure.

Honestly I think my favorite one is vincnt chu's basic taichi tape. I just like his style. His tai chi is much less flowery than alot of the others and his physique is similar to mine (like a lumbering bear). I don't rally have the patience to study tai chi, but hopefully one day I will. I'm in Boston after all.

ngokfei
01-14-2005, 12:21 AM
vcd's from china

1. Ziranmen and the chojiaofanzi series: applications galore

Videos states:

1. The gao style bagua series: nicely structured with again applications.

I guess I'm an application guy. Already have over 75 forms in memory (man do I have to get a life):D

norther practitioner
01-14-2005, 08:58 AM
juhn, there was an article about the horse tailed whip not too long ago.. maybe Gene remembers the issue?

I'm just getting into vcds.. just ordered my first few.

Vash
01-14-2005, 10:59 AM
I only have VHS's . . .

My favorites so far are

The Karate of Choki Motobu
The Karate of Chotoku Kyan

Looking forward to A.J. Advincula's Isshinryu series.

ngokfei
01-15-2005, 11:17 PM
vash

I still have a beta machine as well as an 8 track player.:D

but still found time to get a dvd/vcd player.

Apex on $36 - allows frame by frame advance

Vash
01-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ngokfei
vash

I still have a beta machine as well as an 8 track player.:D

This language, it looks like english, but words I've not heard in so long . . . :eek: :o :D

but still found time to get a dvd/vcd player.

Apex on $36 - allows frame by frame advance

I meant I only have VHS instructionals. The one's I get tend to not have gone DVD yet. And generally, I'm buying more to be educated than to learn the material, so I'm not against just borrowing a VCR to play them.

And my playstation 2 does the dvd's darn good :D