01-13-2005, 01:36 PM
That's some controversial thoughts.

Burn the faties.

Chief Fox
01-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Vash
Burn the faties.

LOL!

So does anyone ever really pay any attention to what the government dietary guidelines actually are. Or this whole thing just another excessive waste of tax payer money?

"Balance calories between the amount you eat and the amount of energy you burn." NO SH!T!

What it should say is "Hey Fatty, put down the chips, get off the couch and do some laps because our helath care system can't pay your medical expenses. You're a big fat leech on the ass of Amercia."

Vash
01-13-2005, 02:40 PM
I think a large-scale burnination of the inactive obese would really make America a better place.

Royal Dragon
01-13-2005, 02:50 PM
LOL, I just had a picture of every fattie in the us out on thier front lawn doing "Sweat'n to the Oldies"!!

norther practitioner
01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
DUDE

It really is glandular...

Chief Fox
01-13-2005, 03:10 PM
I think a large-scale burnination of the inactive obese would really make America a better place.

I agree. We could turn the fatties into a clean burning fuel source and effectively eliminate our dependance of the middle east.

"Put a fatty in your tank!"

Pork Chop
01-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Why do you guys hate me so?
What'd we ever do to you?

-your friendly neighborhood "fatty"

Mighty Mungbean
01-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Bmore Banga,
Is Sammo Hung a fatty? Not when you see him move. If you're on this forum odds are you know something about kung fu. The only way to really know anything about kung fu is to do kung fu. If you do kung fu and strive to do it well you've already exceeded the efforts of 65% of this country. So no matter what you look like you can't be a "fatty."

It's not what you look like, it's what you can do.

Chief Fox
01-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BMore Banga
Why do you guys hate me so?
What'd we ever do to you?

-your friendly neighborhood "fatty"

I've looked at your training journal, you're not what I would consider a fatty.

My definition of fatty is: Someone who wonders why they are so over weight while they are polishing off a box of Krispy Kremes.

Someone who wonders why they are overweight when all they do is sit around, eat, with zero activity.

Someone who knows they are overweight and does nothing about it.

I am sincerely sorry if I offended you.

Toby
01-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Waste of money making guidelines like that. People who are interested in staying fit will work it out themselves. No-one will suddenly do it because the govt says so.

Vash
01-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Fatty = Complains of physical state whilst doing nothing to change it.

These people are of the same mentality as all other worthless individuals - lazy, often arrogant, and self-centered.

Anyone that actively trains and cares about their health is not a fatty, despite weight.

That doesn't apply to overweight "martial arts instructors" who don't do shiat inside class or out.

Pork Chop
01-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Chief Fox
My definition of fatty is: Someone who wonders why they are so over weight while they are polishing off a box of Krispy Kremes.

I do that....

Actually I was just messing around. heheh

I do think the world at large has an unhealthy obsession with aesthetics- mistaking aesthetics for health and such.

I see guys like Mark Hunt, Travis Fulton, Cabbage, David Tua, et al called fat and out of shape all the time. Pretty darn sure they train harder than me if it's their full time job.

Warren Sapp and Bob Sapp are a decent example. Bob's kinda freaky looking with his size and definition; while Warren isn't winning any Mr Olympia competitions - but Warren's the one going in the NFL hall of fame and Bob's the one that couldn't make the cut.

Don't worry though; I don't take any of that talk seriously or personally. :D

tug
01-14-2005, 01:19 PM
No-one will suddenly do it because the govt says so.

Actually, the govt knows that more than half of what makes up the constituents of this fine country are lemmings and will do whatever good old "Uncle Sam" tells them to do.

"faith-based initiative for rednecks"

Ming Yue
01-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Fatty = Complains of physical state whilst doing nothing to change it.

Vash has taken the correct and restricted it's caloric intake while providing it with fun and interesting excercise options.

IronFist
01-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Waste of money making guidelines like that. People who are interested in staying fit will work it out themselves. No-one will suddenly do it because the govt says so.

Indeed.

Hey does someone want to post Cliff's Notes of the article for me? Either that or I'll read it later.

Serpent
01-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Sounds to me like they're upping the ante to make people try a little harder. If they said 30 mins of exercises a day and 5 serves of produce and people did f#$k all, then perhaps their thinking is to say for people to do 1 hour of exercise and 15 serves of produce and the fatties might start maybe doing 15 mins of exercises and an apple every other day. It's possible, but I doubt it. However, that article doesn't really make any sense otherwise.

Truth is, it doesn't matter what you tell a fat b@stard about what he should be doing. You need to find out why he's so against doing anything and address that problem first, then he'll start doing something, then you can start to correct and maximise what he's doing.

Toby
01-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
Hey does someone want to post Cliff's Notes of the article for me? Either that or I'll read it later. Sounds like you need to pay attention to the guidelines yourself, la-z-boy :D.

New guidelines:
60min exercise/day to prevent weight gain.
60-90min/day to sustain weight loss.
30min/day minimum to reduce risk of chronic disease.

Old guidelines:
30min/day

Read the article - the column on the LHS has the Cliff Notes for you.