PDA

View Full Version : Will it make a different?

yellowpikachu
01-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Some one ask me:

Will it make a different knowing about SLT/SNT is a creation of White Crane Weng Chun of Fujian and Emei 12 Zhuang of Emei?

Yes. Definately! IMHHHO.

1, it open up a vast room for the future since,
Right away, one inherits vast collections of Chinese Martial art theories, process, training, concepts, data from two giants of Chinese Martial arts who had tested thier arts for hundreds of years. without have to "steal " from some other styles.

2, one can get access to the same informations as what the ancestors of Wing Chun Kuen in Red boat who practiced SLT/SNT or who created the SLT/SNT, and investigate to find out why things are as they are. and even gain new insight, and improve one's skill in Combat.

3, one can get access to the data of cultivation of Jing/ Qi /momentum ,and get the insight of depth and how they related to TCM, Buddhism, and Doaism. to examine what is really going on. if one is interested in improve one's health or strenght and gaining wisdom.

4, It can serves as a light to the history being told by YKS, Cho, Ip Man, Koolo... That the Ancestors are not lying to us about the creation of the art.

5, And, it is free public information.

Note:

Some other styles from Red Boat or having the same name but different ancestors might not included or applied in the above catagory.

Because they might have a different ancestors who we respect for thier achievement and are respectable in thier own way. they might integrate the SLT/SNT for thier training but still from other lineges. But they are different from the Red boat Opera SLT/SNT practitioner ancestors.

Important note:

I respect all style and lineages disregard of thier differences in Believe or origin or their stories or Oral origin. Thus, there is solely Technical points of view here-- a very useful vehicle and tool

The above post is to point out the possible benifit for one who Practice SLT/SNT will get from the White Crane Weng Chun and Emei 12 Zhuang huge collection of library and data.

yes, it does make alots of different with lots of data and knowing the direction and where SLT/SNT comes from. A skyscapper needs to have a vast and deep foundation. When a lost kid found out his/her parents are both billionaires and they have thier wealth to support him/her. how Joyfull.

Sure, I can be totally wrong. But what if I am right?

What do you think?

Just some thoughts. Until next time!

taltos
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by yellowpikachu
1, it open up a vast room for the future since,
Right away, one inherits vast collections of Chinese Martial art theories, process, training, concepts, data from two giants of Chinese Martial arts who had tested thier arts for hundreds of years. without have to "steal " from some other styles.

What exactly is the difference between WC being influenced by white crane and WC stealing from white crane, if that is true? ALL arts in existence today came from somewhere else, so either EVERY art stole from somewhere else or EVERY art was inlfuenced by somewhere else. Which is it?

2, one can get access to the same informations as what the ancestors of Wing Chun Kuen in Red boat who practiced SLT/SNT or who created the SLT/SNT, and investigate to find out why things are as they are. and even gain new insight, and improve one's skill in Combat.

Don't we already have access to that information if we want it? Is it really necessary that someone accept your conclusions to be able to learn some white crane tools?

3, one can get access to the data of cultivation of Jing/ Qi /momentum ,and get the insight of depth and how they related to TCM, Buddhism, and Doaism. to examine what is really going on. if one is interested in improve one's health or strenght and gaining wisdom.

See above.

4, It can serves as a light to the history being told by YKS, Cho, Ip Man, Koolo... That the Ancestors are not lying to us about the creation of the art.

WOW! I didn't know that Yip Man taught that Wing Chun came from white crane and emie 12 zhuang. Can you explain where I can find proof of this incredible teaching of Yip Man's?

Some other styles from Red Boat or having the same name but different ancestors might not included or applied in the above catagory.

Because they might have a different ancestors who we respect for thier achievement and are respectable in thier own way. they might integrate the SLT/SNT for thier training but still from other lineges. But they are different from the Red boat Opera SLT/SNT practitioner ancestors.

For clarification, are you saying that is it possible for an SLT/SNT WC lineage to be "different from the Red boat Opera SLT/SNT practitioner ancestors" or are you saying that all SLT/SNT comes from the Red Boat and as such, and non-Red Boat WC could not have SLT/SNT?

-Levi

yellowpikachu
01-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Levi,

You are very creative in your thinking.

keep speculate. :D

taltos
01-14-2005, 02:29 PM
keep speculate. :D

Where did I speculate? I ASKED.

Speculation means "To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence." Since I was ASKING, I was not reasoning out an answer. That's why I ASKED.

Are you going to answer my questions?

Oh, wait... it's not about you, and you don't owe me anything, so you don't have to.

-Levi

Ernie
01-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't really think it would make one bit of difference form a combative point of view

In fact it might do more bad then good

Have to many dungeons and dragon star trek freaks trying to create a link to the past to fill some void left from not enough hugs from mommy and daddy

For all this ''information ‘‘ that, this, that and the third might or might not have, no one is really running things, no one is doing anymore damage then anyone else

Don’t see white crane guys making much of a bang or weng /wing/ving, Bing, bang, boom

So for all the attempts of connecting to the past, and people having the special secret scrolls

No real outstanding results coming out now is there

It’s a big why bother, the only real cats to make any noise at all were in the last 50-100 years and I’m being generous

And they probably would get stomped today

So I figure the further back you go the more they sucked!

But hey it's just my HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not
:D :D :D :D

yellowpikachu
01-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Sure Ernie,

Why not? Your personal view is embrace. why not?

some love Palm pilots
I dont use Palm pilot, I use Window CE. .
thus, I never read about Palm and how great the feature it has. Nothing wrong with that right?

window is for someone, palm is for others..... why not? why buy something you dont need? (serious)

Ernie
01-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Sure Ernie,

Why not? Your personal view is embrace. why not?

some love Palm pilots
I dont Palm pilot, I use Window CE. .
thus, I never read about Palm that much. Nothing wrong with that right? (serious)

some birds have red feathers some have blue and some are just coo koo!!!!!

hey i speak hendrinese

t_niehoff
01-14-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't want to speak for Hendrik, but I think he's suggesting that if we know, for instance, that our ancestors used a certain mechanic to produce short power (that comes from White Crane), that this may help us in our own development (particularly if we don't know that mechanic).

There is something to that POV. However, I've found that when we actually try to make our method work (fight), that in making the tools work optimally, we'll find those things for ourselves -- that they are part of the tools (the punch isn't just an arm movement, but a whole body movement). That's why we say in my lineage "let application be your sifu."

Of course, if one isn't fighting, they won't find it. And even if it is shown to them, without fighting, they'll never be able to use it.

Anyway, that's my perspective.