PDA

View Full Version : The Technolgy of Shao Lin

yellowpikachu
01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
The technology of Shao Lin

Similar to a high tech company needs "applicable technology" to support its start up
and grow. As it usually said, Proffit equal to Applicable Technology to the power X.
Or P=T^x. If we apply this model to combative power, IMHHO, Combative power = Applicable Technology to the power x.
or the same equation CP = T^x.

To create a "start-up" Wing Chun Kuen, Applicable Technology is needed.
since some people believe there is a "Shao Lin" (pre-sume it exist and can be defined) which create this "start-up" called
Wing Chun Kuen. Lets zoom in to within about 100 years before and after the collapse of Ming Dynasty 1644, so, take a look at 1550's to 1722's with Ming ended at 1640's.

look at what happen
from different view to see where the Applicable Technolgy of Shao Lin is from.
Is it from the Buddhist monks , or military, or combination, or it is from else where or what happen?

how is the White Crane weng Chun which was post before fit in to the big picture of what happening after the down fall of Qing....?

who might have the applicable technology fit to "fund" this new Started up " Wing Chun Kuen"?

lots of questions can be looking into.....
Obviously the applicable technology has to be from somewhere.

Since there are lots of materials even they are just a small sample, I break the post into a few different posts here.

One last thing I am again and again clarify is that

I respect all lineages or styles or oral history or believes. For it is my believe that we need to respect other since all man is born equal and respect to others lineage, history, is by default in the birth right.

what I am interested in is sharing what I have found. more then 1 million people are training in WCK disregards of lineages in the world. I believe they deserve the best to know what is going on and can learn from the past if they think it is benifiting them and they intent to look into what happen in the past.

My hope and only agenda is that hopefully what I have post benifit others. can be used to improve all areas of there life.

I appology here if there is any mistake I make which beyond my understanding.
But I always can improve and I am willing to.

at the end, the same opinion from me ---- Dont trust me, check it out for yourself. I can be wrong and dead wrong. if I did anything which is not good and screw up. dont follow my steps. atleast that way you eliminate one possible mistake.

sincerely.

make this to be my last post here. my time to go and doing other things.

good luck in your journey to become the best unsurpased martial artist --- that is you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen is about open heart. only open heart there is space to embrace. and that is another form of living in now here.

The advance level of Buddhism attainment is about unsurpast equality which disolved "I, you, subjective experience, and time spand". that is prajna wisdom that is compassionate that is the immoveable heart. one is all, all is one. who win who lost?

yellowpikachu
01-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Shao Lin, 1550's, before the Ming Dynasty collapse:

1, From Zhern Qi Dang Chii (or the proper qi (as gi gong) hall collection) by the Ming
famous general who fight against Japanese Pirates, and expert in using pole as weapon, Yee Da Yu: (note: Yee's pole technics is not from Shao Lin)

Yee wrote:

while he was assigned to do battle in the southern china,
while He passed Shao Lin temple. Under his respectfull asking, the shao lin monks who were experts in shao lin martial art to show him thier arts.

after Yee watched thier demo. Yee was very disapointed He told the Abbort of Shao lin,
Xio San Sang Ren, that this temple was famous in sword art. this is not true now.
the real thing had missing. Thus, Yee selected two young monks. One with a name of Zhong Jii.
one with a name of Poo Choog to follow him while he was in the war zone and teach them the
real Kuit for 3 years. These young monks later went back to shao lin to teach the monks in shao lin.

2, From Jee Xiau Xin Suu a military technology/combat/ traing collection which was edited by the famous Ming General Qi Chi-Kuang who defeated
the japanese pirates. (one can read about him in Ray Huang's 1587 a year of no significant. http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0300028849/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-9618561-9652061#reader-link)

Volume 14th of this book has a little summary on the the martial arts of China at that time.
It starts with Song Dynasty'S Tai Zhu 32 momentum long fist style, six steps fist style, Mongkey style...
and Shao lin pole (only Shao Lin pole is mention here)......and the chapter also critic the famous martial art style at that time even
thought has thier uniqueness but has a tendency of incomplete or partial --- as of having top traning and having no
bottom training ....etc But these people are still thinking that will defeat the opponents.

So, General Qi's suggestion is to integrate different styles to make the art complete.

yellowpikachu
01-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Shao Lin, After Ming Dynasty collapse:
1644 to 1722.

1, From the famous book -Shao Lin Chuan Su Mi Chie or the shao Lin martial art secret key,
chapter 11 or the chapter of some words in Shao Lin's precepts and agreements.

It written.

The propagating of shao lin's fighting technics. The era of peak practising of Shao lin art
is a few decades from after the down fall of Ming Dynasty to time of Kangxi emperor
at the begining of Qing Dynasty.

At that time, There were Ming's royal families, Ming's general's officials, and Ming's royal
citizens ..etc. they feel very hurting of the lost. and, there is way to undo the situation.
They were homeless and not much they can do. Then, they took refuge into the Buddism,
using the tranquil court of Chan, hiding thier trace. waiting for if there is chance for
re capture thier country.

However, they affraid thier body become weaken and lazy. Thus, they concentrate in fighting
training to boost thier will. they futher exchanging thier experience and training of fio a fighting
to push their limit to another level. This is the era Shao Lin martial art is at its peak
beyond the past few hundreds of years.

2, From Chan Patriach Ven. Hsu Yun's lecture note on the 3rd Day of June.
(note: Ven Hsu Yun was one of the greatest Chan monk, patraich of China, he passed away on 1959. Wihout Ven Hsu Yun,
Chinese Buddhism would face major destruction. he succeed five lineages of difference Chan teachings.
Ven Hsun Yun attained his enligtement at his 50's. he has been in ThaiLand asking for
donation to build Buddhist temple in China and sitting and entering into Samadhi for days
which stunt lots of people and Buddhist Cultivators.
old age of over 100 year old, the Chinese communist Toture him and beat him for days.
he passed away at 120 years old. Among the Buddhist monks or later Chan patriach who
Hsu Yun has guided are Late Ven Hsuan Hua in USA, Late Hai Deng of Shao Lin temple....and lots.)

"
.. you all has to know cause and effect always applied. (subject to law of cause and effect without accident) .. a few privious dynasty in china
these dynasties all has monk soldier/army based in Shao lin and Wudai mountain...

after manchurian takes over the china, under Qing gorvement, there were a differnces of green robe buddhist monk and
yellow robe buddhist monk. The chinese monk is the green robe monks. the mongolian and tibetian
monks are the yellow rope. Qing focus and uses the yellow robe monk.

Qing dynasty doesnt use green robe monks as thier monk amy. qing was using the yellow robe
monks as thier monk soldier. but, that also just title. the yellow robe monk never participate
in any battle. just collecting the salary.

in previous dynasty before qing, the Shao lin temple of Lee Jiang Wudai Mountain is the place of recruting and based
the monk solders. The first Ming emperor knows the (song san) shao lin temple's monks has martial techology
so, he was recruting monk soldier from shao lin. Qing dynasty based the monk soldier at wudai mountain,
Beijin Tan Daan (sandal wood) temple ...

In the boxer rebellian, the uprising of the Yee Her (Righteous Harmony) organization,
lots of Lama (yellow robe monks) were involved. In the begining of the uprising, they
win, thus, they burn down the catholic and christian chuches. Later, they lost the battle
so the others burn the yellow robe monks' Beijing Tan Daan temple

This is called the dharma of cause and effect. (one burns others others will burn one's. One killed others
others will kill one. )

yellowpikachu
01-15-2005, 02:03 PM
the White Crane Story

1, Let me qoute from the written record of the White Crane WEng Chun decendents.

Fang was born around at the end of Ming Dynasty at the Ming Emperor Choong Chern's time.

Ming Dynasty ended in 1644 where Qing Started.

white Crane Weng Chun was founded around 1650's to 1662.

at 1662 to 1722, Fang Chi-Niang went with her husband back to her husband home town --Yong Chun, Fujian. In a location outside the West Gate. There they taught the White Crane Style.
This is the era where Fang Chi-Niang transmit her art to Yong Chun area. And the Name Fang Yong Chun comes from here.

2, Now looking at the writting about the burning of Yiu Lien San shao lin temple (presume it exist)
That is happen at the era of Qing's Kangxi emperor arround 1672.

3, Chen Chiin-Nan /Chen Yong-Hua, the genral under the Ming General zhen Chen-Kung who later reside in Taiwan. Chen is great at Matial art, once he was embush by hundreds of solders and escape.

after he take refuge in Daoism, his nick name is the white crane daoist. he live in seclusion in the white crane cave . he was in studing/researching Daoism there.

later, he met his old friends and the old friends visited him at the White Crane Cave to discuss about the situation of rebeling.
Due to the White Crane Cave didnt have enough room for all.

Chen lead them to a place - smaller temple- which is not far away from the White Crane Cave . The place, as the folk called it as Hung Fa Ting.

Chen Chiin Nang was the director of Hung Fa Ting at the 25th of the Seventh month, 1674 while making oath for the brother hood..

From Here we know Chen is a general under Ming General Zhen Chen-Kung of Taiwan. Chen is a daoist and practiced Daoism not Buddhism. Chen's meeting place is Hung Fa Ting and he is the leader there.

4, LAdy Seh Fu :

Ming dynastiy emperor Choong Chern has a daugther.

[note: Choong Chern is the last emperor of Ming Dynasty who hang himself when the rebel's Lee Chee-Chen take over BeiJing]

She took Chen Yong-Hua as her teacher. All these people was living in 1600's.

[Note: Chen was one of the founder of the Tien Tee Hui, and his nick name the White Crane Daoist].

(It was said that Rebel Fang Sek-Fui, is Fang Chaang-Kuang from "Zhe Jiang chuh" state's "lee Sui" area. Fang has great indepth mastering in Internal martail art. Fang was asked by Chen Chiin-Nan to guide and teach the daughter of Emperor Choong Chern. The princess changes her name to Chi-Niang. Hiding in Fujian's Foo Zhou state's Sha Lien [sand lotus] Buddhist temple )

[note: another name of Chen Yong-Hua is Chen Chiin-Nan]
[Note: she Also used Fang's last name as her last name.]

Studying the internal martial art. when she attained an advance skill. She decided to shave her hair and become a Buddhist nun. She then transmitting the core of the Internal art to the members of the association/gang. integrate with what they have learn to increase the fighting capability.

Chi-Niang is a female. Locally called her art as "young lady martial art". Chi-Niang's original family name is Chu. In official language of that time, Chu and Ser pronounce similarly. respectly she was called " Young Lady Seh Fu".

After she passed away. her name was written as "lady seh Fu". Respectly memorized her as the Great Grand master of the art she taught

[note:Chu is the last name of the Ming Emperor]

5, Chin San tai is a anti-qing organization. Chiin si Dang is the sect of teaching martial arts of the organization. 1661 General Zhen Chen-Kung lead his army into Taiwan. his official, Chen Young-Hua who later changes his name to Chen Chiin-Nan went to Chiin Meng (goldern door) , xia men, Fujian. organizing the uprising/returning Chen founded the Tien Tee Hui and settle the naming to Chin San Tai. Gold Mount Platform. with the meaning, Chiin Meng and Taiwan is an unmoveable land. Chiin stand for Chiin Meng and Tai stand for Taiwan.

In the Chin San Tai , chiin si Dang gold mountain platform deligent study hall's Grandmaster (ancestors) Hall, in there are the alta (?)for pray to Tai Tzu Grandmaster, White CRane Spiritual grandmaster, Lady Ser Fu ( Fang Chi-Niang).

So, the Lady Ser Fu is a serious one who the Anti-Qing organization praying to in thier martial art studying hall's grandmaster (ancestors) hall.

6, Above are the Events in the history.
Technically, we can cut it with then investigatioin of Inch Jing Join Power, the White Crane Weng Chun momentum/energy signatures. and then see if the Events in the history converge with the Technical history.

yellowpikachu
01-16-2005, 08:56 AM
is a shao lin monk really a buddhist monk?
let's look at the following record.

----------------------------------------------------------------
According to the chinese classical shao lin book---
Shao Lin martial art secret key.

In the era of down fall of Ming Dynasty,
There was a member of Ming royal family, his name is Chu De Chou. After he became a shao lin monk his name is Dong Chan or painfull Zen. (This person was a famous character if one read some old book writen about shao lin martial art. )

However, This person give up his buddhist monk position a few years after he become a buddist monk. He then growed his hair and bead and went to kwang xi planning to uprise to revenge Ming. he failed.

After the failling uprising, he went back to shao lin.

Qing found out about his back ground and plan to capture him. He then fleet to Taiwan, offer his advise to the leader there. The leader didnt listern to his idea. He fell into depression and passed away in a place name Tan Sui.

------------------------------------

Thus, we today have alots of records we can check out and to study to see if a certain thing is likely, possible, not likely...

That is what I am leaving to you and the future generation.

Not about who is the oldest or I am right or wrong....
But, about there are writtings in old china can be checked and traced.

IMHHO,
Those stuffs is not that old actually since we can still see the declaration of independence of USA http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/images/declar.jpg

Ultimatewingchun
01-16-2005, 09:56 AM
"what I am interested in is sharing what I have found. more then 1 million people are training in WCK disregards of lineages in the world."

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NUMBER?
DID YOU MAKE IT UP?
WAS THERE A WORLDWIDE SURVEY THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT?

Matrix
01-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT NUMBER?
DID YOU MAKE IT UP? It's a well known fact that 76.34% of all posted statistics are made up on the fly. ;)

old jong
01-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I am sure that there are more than one million WC practitioners in the world. Leung Ting alone have 642903 of them!...Oup!...Two of them just left for Ebmas...642901....;)

yellowpikachu
01-16-2005, 11:01 AM
There are books and there are hand cuffs.

Some chasing hands, some chasing body...

Knowing where to focus is a kung fu by itself isnt it?

Best luck guys! so long.

Ultimatewingchun
01-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Where is your evidence that it's one million people, Hendrik?

anerlich
01-16-2005, 03:04 PM
make this to be my last post here

What? Time for another incarnation / screen name already?

Statistics are like a lamppost to a drunken man ... more for support than illumination.