PDA

View Full Version : Randy Williams Videos...

straight blast
10-11-2001, 02:37 AM
Has anyone seen/used any videos by Randy Williams? If so what's the quality like? Are they worth the money? I've seen at least 18 of them advertsed, and some of them look interesting.
Much appreciated. :D

"Through strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail"

whippinghand
10-11-2001, 02:43 AM
They're great!!!! You can definitely learn a lot from them. I highly recommend it. A necessity for improving your Wing Chun.

Jeff Brown
10-11-2001, 02:58 AM
what's so great about these videos?

joy chaudhuri
10-11-2001, 04:05 AM
I have watched some on the display machines of
a martial art supply store. I have not spent a single penny on any.Not that I am a penny pincher. :D

EmptyCup
10-11-2001, 05:24 AM
Something makes me suspicious of Whippy's sudden enthusiasm...

dlew308
10-11-2001, 05:40 AM
What's he up to?

Mokujin
10-11-2001, 06:02 AM
Sifu Williams has a great series of wing chun videos. I think there are 28 total. I have 3 tapes.

My instructor watched the first tape in the Sil Leem Tau series (Sifu Williams' spelling) and stated Randy Williams has excellent form but also mentioned the following:

- When performing SLT, Sifu Williams uses dynamic tension and a breathing exercise. My instructor noted that this should be reserved for advanced studies- the SLT must first be mastered in a fluid way, no tension.

Other than that, Sifu Williams explains the form in detail as well as its applications in combat. He's funny and puts a wealth of information in one video. I look forward to owning the entire series, but now I'm focusing specifically on the forms.

Sifu Williams has 4 videos for each form. The first two videos are the forms broken down into two sections and the last two are usually applictions / drills derived from said form.

The filming quality is great, but still only VHS- no DVD at this time. There's also hardly any repetition of techniques like many Panther videos (that's a good thing when you find that on some Panther videos, 1/3 - 1/2 the video is just slow motion techniques repeated ad nausem). I recommend putting the tapes you have on CD/DVD.

On a related note, Panther Productions informed me that Master A.Fong's videos will be released on DVD soon.

Peace!
:D

edward
10-11-2001, 08:34 AM
buy an xbox

mun hung
10-11-2001, 10:37 AM
Not this topic again! :D

It was too much fun the last time! :D

kungfu cowboy
10-11-2001, 11:34 AM
I think that Whipping Hand is hinting to buy the videos so that Randy can buy himself a shirt with the profits.

mun hung
10-11-2001, 06:29 PM
Actually, from his last picture - I think he needs dental work. I saw three cavities. Or was that Todd Shawn Tei?

Oops! We'd better cut it out, cause you know what comes next.

Tap Man
10-11-2001, 07:09 PM
I can't believe with all thats going on in the world, your back to your same old games. Someone posts asking a serious question and you resort to bashing trying to turn every post you can into a fight. What do you get out of it? Does it make your chi sao better? Are you able to root more? Just stop. If you don't like the video, just say so. Don't start up **** and then wonder why we get on here and get in your face about it. Before you reply think about what you want to achieve with this. Then ask yourself is starting trouble worth it. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and i'm assumeing you won't respond with some smart ass reply but will actually think about what your doing on this forum.

Tap Man
Out

vertical fist
10-12-2001, 01:58 AM
I,ve seen several of Sifu William's tapes, at the start of my WC training. As in person, Sifu Randy explains the techniques and drills very well.

Hi Tap Man.

whippinghand
10-12-2001, 06:55 AM
I was expecting you...

OdderMensch
10-12-2001, 08:43 AM
you've fallen right into whipping hand's trap!

;)

e's got you now :D

chi-kwai
10-12-2001, 04:51 PM
Perhaps Whipping Hand should change his name to Asking Hand.

--
chi kwai

EmptyCup
10-12-2001, 08:15 PM
Actually it is knowing hand...where one knows all there is to know about wing chun and is always right :D

JKDMAN
10-18-2001, 10:45 PM
Even though Randy Williams Wing Chun style may differ from others, he is definitely well versed in Wing Chun and it shines through in person as well as in his videos. For all you wanna be chunners watch the videos and learn.
In these times we need to unite, not tear apart.

WongFeHung
10-18-2001, 11:18 PM
Anyone who sez,"Fuk'em if he can't take a jut" on an instructional video has my respect! Randy Williams' videos are informative,his articles are well written, and he's funny. I like that. He takes his gung-fu seriously, but not himself, and in a world of pompous-assed martial artists strutting around in cheong salms at tournaments dressed up like Kwan-Gung, Randy Williams is a refreshing breath of fresh air.

aelward
10-19-2001, 03:44 AM
Yes, Randy Williams is a funny guy, I love the way that he interacts with all levels of practitioners, and that he doesn't take himself too seriously like other practitioners around.

I love Randy to death, but I must say though, the jokes DO get corny after a while :P

JK-
"Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

BiuJeeDawg
10-21-2001, 09:04 PM
It's very clear that MunHung and KungFuCowboy are lost on the path. To make comments about a gifted person such as Sifu Randy Williams is a clear sign that they have fallen off of the path of self cultivation and onto the path of self destruction. Perhaps you both should strive to look as Sifu Williams when you are in your 40's!! You might not if you spend so much time on these forumns instead of training..

Martial Joe
10-21-2001, 09:14 PM
Ok guys I am going to make you laugh or say wow he is dumber then I thought...

But anyway...Relak wants to fight Randy Williams...and perhaps Emin...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

whippinghand
10-22-2001, 12:39 AM
I think you're on to something.

BiuJeeDawg
10-22-2001, 12:25 PM
Hmmm. Let's pray for Ralek. Perhaps Ralek is short for Duralek. I hope not but all indications say, YES.
This cat definitely must be 20 years old and just won a few bar fights. He has obviously never picked up a Inside Kung Fu magazine in the last 20 years. He knew nothing of Wing Chun when he states that he wanted to Fight Sifu Randy Williams and Sifu Emin Boztepe.

PS. Ralek's message to fight Sifu Emin has been forwarded to Sifu Emin. But Ralek, You leave know means to contact you. Perhaps you are the Grand Ultimate Fantasy!!