PDA

View Full Version : Taiji Jing Principals

woliveri
01-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I was privy yesterday to a Taiji / Qigong teacher (Chinese) being taught principals of jing by another taiji practioner (also Chinese). The instructions were in Chinese but I think I got enough by watching and catching key words.

What it looked like is the use of the hip being tucked under then raising one of the legs "At the hip".

The one instructing in this session was displaying incredable flexibility at the hip joint in the fact that one hip joint could be raised vertically from the other with ease.

Anyone else seen this before and can comment on it?

Thanks,

TaiChiBob
01-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Greetings Bill..

Yes, that's how i was taught to set the alignment for the most efficient/effective expression of jing.. loading the rear leg with spiral energy and releasing it from the hips/waist "up" through the spine/shoulders spiraling "out" through the arms/hands.. this is dependant on using the back/spine as a bow and timing the release of its stored energy to coincide with the expression of jing from the legs/waist/hips.. (easier said than done).. but, on the few occasions i get it right, it rocks..

Be well..

stonecrusher69
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
call you tell me besides the physical movement to express jing.how do you train for Jing?

SPJ
01-25-2005, 07:52 PM
The back muscles along the spine.

If the right side is sinking, and left side is elevated, the weight is mostly on your right foot. This is how you shift the weight. The right foot is the Yang or the right side is Yang and the left foot is Yin or Shi, empty. The right foot is real or solid or Si.

Jing practice.

At first, you have to learn some basic Jing and then Chan Si (silk reeling) Jing.

Each Jing practice lasts 25 to 45 min a session. You practice them in the morning and at nite for 4 to 6 months before moving on.

First, you have to practice how to be totally relaxed. So that there are no stops or hindrance in your body.

There are several chapters in my new book.

Let me mention Tang Do Jing or sudden jerking Jing.

You move your arm, leg eventually the whole body. All the moves are in circles.

For example, you bring your right hand toward your abdomen near the center line; your bring up your hand and use the back of hand to hit the spot in front of your nose.

Imagine you hit the nose of the opponent.

Once you reach the point, your whole arm and the upper body shakes. Remember the Jing starts from your right foot, if you use your right hand.

The whole body is relaxed. When the back hand reaches the point nose high in the front. You shake, but there is a hitting force in the set point.

Best of luck.

You train your forearm, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee etc with a similar way.

There is a set point to stop and shake the whole body.

Remember start everything from your foot.

This is basic Tang Do Jing exercise with the 9 section of your body.

There is a chapter in my new book.