PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

crimsonking
01-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I've tried looking at the forum rules and information link at the bottom of the page, but it doesnt seem to work.

Anybody got any ideas?

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
01-18-2005, 10:45 AM
The link at the bottom has been broken for awhile, I PM'd Gene on that some time ago, and the were "looking into it". I've asked Gene today to email a copy to me so I can post them up here for you.

GeneChing
01-18-2005, 01:33 PM
I've asked our IT guy to fix that again. I don't have a handy copy that I can email - it's in the broken link file, so hopefully he can just fix it.

Thanks for reminding me.

reneritchie
01-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Gene, how long have you been waiting to put your name beside that particular subject?

GeneChing Rules

Indeed :)

CFT
01-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Well, the link goes somewhere now - but I don't think it's pointing at the right page.

GeneChing
01-20-2005, 06:20 PM
KungFuMagazine.com's forum rules reinstated (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/ForumRules.php)

crimsonking
01-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks for that.

FWLIW - i have some very serious questions about recent moderating - the deleting of whole threads, its timing, and consequences for future forum behaviour.

I hope that certain individuals have been reprimanded for their actions - and i like to think that perhaps apologies had been made behind the scenes. IMO, this sort of discussion has a very real place out in public (as opposed to private) - but i appreciate you don't want it on your (private, commercial) board.

Like i said at the time, accusations like those made, might have very serious consequences indeed "in real life", certainly where i come from. Perhaps NYC is different?

Despite the shortcomings, and the (on this particular occasion i feel very poor indeed) moderating - you are providing the martial arts community a great oppurtunity.

Anyway, i'll leave it at that.

Ultimatewingchun
01-24-2005, 01:31 PM
"Like i said at the time, accusations like those made, might have very serious consequences indeed "in real life", certainly where i come from. Perhaps NYC is different?"

Don't know what kind of politically correct jibberish these remarks are meant to convey...

and don't care either.

Yeah...let's leave it go at that.

anerlich
01-24-2005, 03:56 PM
I hope that certain individuals have been reprimanded for their actions

Not me - guess I'll have to try harder.

Matrix
01-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by crimsonking
Despite the shortcomings, and the (on this particular occasion i feel very poor indeed) moderating - you are providing the martial arts community a great oppurtunity. Crimsonking,
I think that moderating a forum like this is a VERY diffcult task. It's hard to balance the necessity for free speach, while restricting poor behaviour. A delicate balancing act, I would think. Sandman has a tough job. Let's try to not make it any more diffcult by giving the guy a hard time.

Cheers,

Ernie
01-24-2005, 05:06 PM
man up get a thick skin !
it's just words on a screen , good lord :eek:

Matrix
01-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
man up get a thick skin !
it's just words on a screen , good lord :eek: You are of course correct, when you get right down to it. Funny how people react so angrily to these simple "words on a screen", isn't it? :p But words have an energy and life of their own. It's more complex than that............

Actions are words moving.
Words are thoughts expressed.
Thoughts are ideas formed.
Ideas are energies come together.
Energies are forces released.
Forces are elements existent.
Elements are particles of God.
Portions of all...........
The stuff of everything.
The Beginning is God.
The end is action.
Action is God creating or God experienced.

Ernie
01-24-2005, 06:46 PM
or maybe some one is just f@ckin with you :D

Matrix
01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
or maybe some one is just f@ckin with you :D That's been known to happen on occassion. :D

crimsonking
01-25-2005, 05:20 AM
Agreed - Sandman has a tough job, however i feel on this occasion he did very poorly, and it may have ramifications by allowing a precedent to be set. Remedies could have been made. End of subject.

You guys are right - it is just words on a screen. Problem is when people say things that they wouldn't face to face.

I take this place as i find it - sure, i'll have a go, poke a little fun - you should have noticed that by now... On the other hand, there are oppurtunities for serious talk too. Hopefully we can get the balance right.

PC jibberish indeed.

Oh, and anerlich - for someone who's part of the 'results' clan - you've talked a great talk about your trolling for 2005 - but i've yet to see anything impressive, and we're nearly at the end of January!