PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun in Kingston ON?

Bravado
01-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Hi, does anyone know of a Wing Chun school in Kingston, Ontario, Canada? Please message me or reply to this thread if you do. Thanks!

Roy D. Anthony
01-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I believe there is. You can try calling Sunny Tang Wing Chun in Ottawa, as they have a student who started one there in Kingston. And Sunny Tangs has a good reputation in Wing Chun Also there is a man there named Eric Tuttle who I believe runs his club at the University, Queens.

Hope That Helps!!!

Bravado
01-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks, I'll look into those.

There's no record of Tuttle in the directories (I used to know him, actually, but it seems like he's not here anymore), nor any public advertising by Sunny Tang's affiliates. Still, doesn't hurt to check. Will call the university.

If there's anyone in Kingston who surfs this board and is studying WC, please drop me a note. Thanks again.

Bravado
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
:D

Matrix
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Bravado,

I'm not aware of any WC in Kingston.
I'm in Ottawa, but I'll ask around....

Best of Luck,

Bravado
01-28-2005, 05:16 AM
Thanks a lot!

Spark
01-28-2005, 08:02 AM
I know it's not WC, but isn't there a JKD instructor through Queen's who is part of the Paul Vunack (sp?) lineage/school?

I had a friend who took his class and really liked it.

reneritchie
01-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Don't know of any WCK but I believe Mike Sweeney (sp?) teaches Straight Blast Gym-style JKD (and other arts) at Canada's Best Karate.

Aside, he also brings in a lot of interesting martial artists for seminars including Matt Thornton (sp?), Mark Laimon, Eddie Bravo, Eric Paulson, etc. last year.

I dropped by there for Bravo, and the facility was unreal.

Matrix
02-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Bravado,

I asked around, and no one that I know, knows of Wing Chun in Kingston. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist there, but we're not aware of such a school.

BTW, I think that looking into Rene's suggestion would be a great idea.

Bravado
02-03-2005, 04:52 AM
Thanks, Matrix and everyone. Rene, I will look into what you've suggested.

reneritchie
02-03-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.canadas-best.com/

He's Canadian director of SBGi under Matt Thornton (founder, I think), also trains under Paulson, and is a purple belt under Wagnney Fabiano (who just qualified for ADCC in the Royler/Viera/Bravo/Yoshida division, and is Leo Santos' brother).

Surfing the site, I still can't believe the darn facilities he's developed there... *jealous*

Matrix
02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie
Surfing the site, I still can't believe the darn facilities he's developed there... *jealous* I'm with you on that Rene. There's a lot of money in Kingston.

Bravado
02-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes, there is!