PDA

View Full Version : New Xing Yi book!

Hau Tien
01-21-2005, 06:45 AM
Just picked up my teacher's new book (with companion DVD!) and thought I'd make a post about it.

The title is "The Xingyi Quan Of The Chinese Army (Volume 2.)- Rifle & Bayonet Training and Applications (including a section on traditional xingyi spear techniques). " by Dennis Rovere.

The book is in a similar format to his volume 1 where it has photos and explanations of various xing yi rifle and bayonet moves, drills, and applications (although I note an increase in the amount of detail given in both the descriptions and the accompanying photos than in Volume 1). It also has a section on the Linking Form done with the rifle/bayonet AND a small section on traditional spear techniques for the 5 element fists.

Perhaps the neatest part (for me, anyway) is the companion DVD. The DVD shows the same techniques that are described in the book so that the viewer can actually see the moves/drills/applications being performed. I've only had a chance to view about half of the DVD thusfar, but it's got a lot of info on it.

Anyway, if you want more info, check out Dennis' site at: www.rovere.com (http://www.rovere.com/books.html to the section with the books).

Cheers!