PDA

View Full Version : penguin vs ant

jobo
01-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Is it true that the art of wing chun was based on a fight between a penguin and an ant? A friend of mine told me this, as it illustrated how form and technique can overcome brute force.

Savi
01-21-2005, 05:52 PM
That sounds very..... yea.

Sorry, but I've never heard that one before.

Phil Redmond
01-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jobo
Is it true that the art of wing chun was based on a fight between a penguin and an ant? A friend of mine told me this, as it illustrated how form and technique can overcome brute force.
Er . . no. Please go to http://www.wingchunkuen.com
You can find histories of the different lines of WC there.
PR

monkeyspoon
01-21-2005, 06:54 PM
im dying to make a joke about the penguins in the arctic and ants in the ANTarctic, but don't worry, i won't stoop to that level. In fact, please ignore this post

Ernie
01-21-2005, 07:46 PM
2 pregnant dogs’ that would just square off and bark but never bite created wing Chun

In keeping tradition there are allot of bickering b*itches that are all bark and no bite

Thought everyone knew?
:D

Phil Redmond
01-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
2 pregnant dogs’ that would just square off and bark but never bite created wing Chun

In keeping tradition there are allot of bickering b*itches that are all bark and no bite

Thought everyone knew?
:D
WC people bickering? :rolleyes:

jobo
01-22-2005, 05:29 AM
What i heard was that the penguin got bored of the two pregant dogs just barking at each other and beat them both up. Whilst this was happening an ant sat watching. He was suitably impressed by the penguins fighting style and then challenged the penguin to a fight and the rest is history.

And yes it did happen in the ANTartic.

RedJunkRebel
01-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by jobo
A friend of mine told me this What kind of a friend? A penguin vs. an ant????? LOL

anerlich
01-22-2005, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine told me this, as it illustrated how form and technique can overcome brute force.

About all that was illustrated here was gullibility.