PDA

View Full Version : experience during meditation

thresh
01-23-2005, 09:46 PM
I've noticed a few things happening to me that would not normally happen during my usual state of being (out of meditation). Every now and again, my body and it's parts feel like they're spatially further away than they normally feel. This could be due to the absense of vision during meditating. Maybe the other senses seem to take up more of my focus, skewing them all in a way, stretched a bit. Kinda hard to explain.

I reckon if the experiences one comes across during meditation doesn't freak themselves out, it must be alright to continue. Besides, I don't know of too many people creating problems from sitting still for prolonged periods.

Ultimatewingchun
02-01-2005, 05:01 PM
What's happening is that your consciouness (soul/higher mind) is beginning to separate from your physical body by "moving out" within your astral body (an electro-magnetic pattern body)...and...in a sense...travels outside the space your physical body is occupying. This "body" is made of such a fine meta-physical material that it actually passes through "physical" objects.

Not an abnormal occurrence for those who frequently meditate...and is to be welcomed - not feared.

The astral body (and the soul/mind consciousness) that it's carrying is still connected to the physical body by a "chord", so to speak, which can stretch potentially an infinite amount of space.

old jong
02-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
What's happening is that your consciouness (soul/higher mind) is beginning to separate from your physical body by "moving out" within your astral body (an electro-magnetic pattern body)...and...in a sense...travels outside the space your physical body is occupying. This "body" is made of such a fine meta-physical material that it actually passes through "physical" objects.

Not an abnormal occurrence for those who frequently meditate...and is to be welcomed - not feared.

The astral body (and the soul/mind consciousness) that it's carrying is still connected to the physical body by a "chord", so to speak, which can stretch potentially an infinite amount of space.
I'm happy to say that I agree 100% with Victor here.I can tell from a few personal experiences that he's right. :)

TaiChiBob
02-04-2005, 05:37 AM
Greetings..

As my mentor(s) have suggested, and my experience seems to validate, we are One thing behaving many ways.. that is to say that we are both individual and the Whole at the same time, with "awareness" being the determining factor of the experience..

What people often refer to as an "out of body experience" or "astral travel" is more appropriately explained as an "awareness" of ouselves at other places in the "Whole".. From a particular system of training (FieldCenter) the current physical experience is referred to our "local" being and the fullness of our interconnected spiritual existence is referred to as our "non-local" being.. So, as in the case of Remote Viewing, it is a matter of becoming aware of that aspect of our non-local being at the place we desire to "remotely view"..

During meditation we routinely still the mind (quiet the mental chatter) which allows us more easily experience our non-local existence.. without the distractions of thought and sensory chaos the remaining experiences are more central to the core of who/what we are.. at this level, our expanded energy field can sense other beings' energy fields which provides much in the way for martial readiness, healing diagnosis/energy work, general well-being and deep introspection..

It has been speculated that the Universe is a single living sentient being and we (humans) are its sensory input mechanism.. that our minds are the interface between the Wholness of the spirit and limited physical experience.. or as Oriental thought suggests, man is that which connects heaven and earth.. "there is only One mind, shared by everyone according to individual levels of awareness", a reasonable analogy..

Be well..

Rand
02-09-2005, 09:13 AM
TaiChiBob wrote:
"It has been speculated that the Universe is a single living sentient being and we (humans) are its sensory input mechanism.. that our minds are the interface between the Wholness of the spirit and limited physical experience.. or as Oriental thought suggests, man is that which connects heaven and earth.. "there is only One mind, shared by everyone according to individual levels of awareness", a reasonable analogy.."

Have you seen the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know"? It suggest a very similar view that is based on some of the recent advances in quantum psyhics. An interesting film if you happen to see it available on your area. Here is a link to their website... fo r those that are interested.... http://www.whatthebleep.com/
The website provides a list of locations that the film is showing.

It was one of the first times that I've seen a connection between the eastern concepts of ki/qi and western science in a film/doc that is heavily based in western science.