PDA

View Full Version : IMA classes near sacramento?

joe95223
01-25-2005, 03:54 PM
hello,
does anyone know of any IMA teachers in or near sacramento/stockton/lodi?
thanks, joe

Anjentao
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Joe,

Funny you should ask! I just tried to track down a good teacher for my nephew and came across a web site you may want to check in to.
John Bracy (http://chi-arts.com/school.shtml) was a student of Liu Xing-Han and wrote a book called "Ba Gua Hidden Knowledge in the Taoist Internal Martial Art" That may be a start for you.

I have not personally studied with him or met him, but again, it may be a good start for you.

Good luck

Three Harmonies
02-16-2005, 05:25 PM
How old is your nephew? May want to be leary with kids around this man from what I have heard.
Jake :(

joe95223
02-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi Jake,
Just curious, do you have any info on John Bracy or his instructors? I am looking into training with one of them, and any info would help. I live near sacramento, and there are very few IMA instructors, as far as I've found.
Thanks,
Joe

Chum Kil
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Checkout Master Henry Look in Rancho Cordova.

scholar
02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Three Harmonies
How old is your nephew? May want to be leary with kids around this man from what I have heard.
Jake :(

Yeah, what's up with that? Is it that he is too rough or something more sinister?

Three Harmonies
02-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Scholar,
Email me.

Jake
three_harmonies@hotmail.com

Anjentao
02-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Jake,

My nephew is 11 going on 30! Very responsible and mature for his age. Since checking into IMA for him, My sister and I have decided to have him start in External to develop then go to IMA after.

Joe,

Yeah, Henry Look was another one of the people I heard about and looked into. He has a site as well, but everything pointed to him teaching in LA, so I gave that search up-too far from Sac. I don't know where Rancho Cordova is, but I would give it a try either way. I know he teaches Yi Chuan, which is a plus as far as internal development.

Good luck with your search!

Buddy
02-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Bracy has closed his school. One of his seniors studies with us. Besides he was in SoCAl.