PDA

View Full Version : Any DJ's in the house?

Johnny Hot Shot
10-18-2001, 11:05 AM
I'm Just wondering cause I have to make some mixes for my Classes and I think it would be cool to mix up a bunch of Limp, Korn, Rage and the like. The Club (http://www.theboxingclub.net/) is a franchise in San Diego, mostly they teach people enough techniqe not to hurt themselves while pounding on bags. A few serious fighters that train at some of the clubs and most of the instructors have MA backgrounds. The Clubs are set up with a Ring and numerous Mui Thai style bags as well as Double enders and heavy bags of all sizes. The ratio of Women to guy's is about 85%..... The perks are good

Is it beer before bourbon or bourbon before beer? Frik:-

I AM (http://www.stompintom.com/)

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
Jacko Jackson

[This message was edited by Johnny Hot Shot on 10-19-01 at 02:18 AM.]

shaolinboxer
10-18-2001, 03:36 PM
If your classes are mostly women, you might want to play something a little less angry young male.

How about some nice techno or house?

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Johnny Hot Shot
10-18-2001, 05:01 PM
Not for my Classes. Anger is good. Rage is even better ;)

Jacko Jackson

nightair
10-18-2001, 09:26 PM
that music sux> those "bands" are just corporate advertisements. If you want real angry music try the "vulgar display of power" album by Pantera. Now those are some really angry people. Korn,Limp,and Rage are just posers who want to get the attention of every cheerleader and jock moron in the U.S. So people who listen to that stuff feel that they are listening to the heavy stuff. To find good music you need to look underground. No offense to any jocks or cheerleaders I was just trying to make a point. :) :D :D :) :D :D :)

DOH!!

IronFist
10-18-2001, 09:42 PM
While I do like some "corporate music," i gotta agree with nightair on this one about looking underground for good music.

Iron

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:20 PM
Don't get me wrong I listen to a lot of stuff.I like some "corporate" stuff to. I mean you can't say you don't like something until you heard it right?

DOH!!

cwheelie
10-21-2001, 10:47 PM
Tool or Godsmack? maybe some NIN? Mix a little Paul Okenfeld or Fat Boy Slim in the mix. Hint: most women are a little turned off by too much "testosterone" rock...
85% women to men? Where do i sign up?

jun_erh
10-21-2001, 11:39 PM
some current favorites to get me psyched up to become a crazed nazi warbot:

"Gunplay" Prodigy (from Mobb Deep not the techno group)fr the "HNIC" lp

"You can't kill me" Capone N Noriega from the "Reunion" Lp.

:D

nightair
10-22-2001, 06:50 AM
try the first four metallica albums.Yes they may be a little played out but I guarantee that they will give you a lot of energy and stamina.Also some Pantera. Maybe Dream Theater's metropolis 2-scenes from a memory-a little light but some songs get me hyper when I'm training.
"Kill 'em all"-metallica
"ride the lighting"-metallica
**"master of puppets"-metallica** is a definite
"and justice for all"-metallica
"cowboys from hell"-pantera
"vulgar display of power"-pantera
and if your into that fake stuff :rolleyes: like limp bisquick and stuff(i'm just givin you a hard time)listen to pantera's new -"reinventing the steel " sound kind of like that new rap metal type stuff.Ipersonally don't like it but it is repetative and that is good to keep a fighting rhythem when practicing. Have fun! :)

DOH!!

Johnny Hot Shot
10-22-2001, 07:52 AM
I'm liking your line of thinking except for the Nazi crap. The reson I chose the sellouts is because there music is Like you say coporate. My Class is full of young women who would probably be fine with some techno or house. Me being the Bad boy that I am, I want to spice it up with a little something hard core. But not to hard core to frighten off all the Jocks and cheer leaders. Especialy the cheer leaders, ;) Ahh the perks ;) :D ;)

Jacko Jackson

Chang Style Novice
10-22-2001, 04:31 PM
take it to the next level. Put on some crazy polyrhythmic, dissonant fast-metered free jazz. My own personal favorites are Henry Threadgill's Very Very Circus and mid 70's Miles Davis.

great tunes by Thread -

Little Pocket Size Demons
Carry The Day
Like it Feels

and for Miles

the Jack Johnson album
Pangaea
On the Corner

Johnny Hot Shot
10-22-2001, 04:56 PM
I'm loving the jazz idea :D :cool:

Jacko Jackson

Chang Style Novice
10-22-2001, 05:27 PM
Henry Threadgill's Very Very Circus is not a band for the faint of heart. I've played their stuff for art students, the freaky-deakiest students on campus, and been told "that's too disturbing!"

I promise, you've never heard electric guitars and tubas sound so fierce.

Sharky
10-22-2001, 06:00 PM
all that rock stuff is wank. talentless mind****s, and you teenage ****wits just lap it up, don't you, yes, yes you do.

****ERS

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Johnny Hot Shot
10-22-2001, 07:00 PM
How very un PC of you Sharky. You should be more open.

Jacko Jackson