PDA

View Full Version : Lineage

Mantis1959
01-27-2005, 10:41 AM
No, I am from the Chiu Leun lineage under Chiu Chi Man, New York City Chinatown.

BeiTangLang
01-27-2005, 11:24 AM
???

Hua Lin Laoshi
01-27-2005, 11:35 AM
A mistake in replying to a question in another thread.

What the heck, how about a refresher on what we all do?

Wah Lum Tam Tui Northern Praying Mantis Kung Fu (Jut Sow Mantis) under Master Chan Pui in Orlando, FL.

Oso
01-27-2005, 12:12 PM
okay

Pong Lai Wu Ji Tong Long Men under Shrye Shr Zhong Zheng in Taiwan by way of Shrye John Scolaro(Tampa) and Shrfu Jim Smyer(Nashville)

that's a very recent transition for me. prior to that I studied under a teacher of a really hodge podge kinda system that had some mantis concepts in it but no forms that i've been able to match up.

before that, hung gar.

mantis108
01-27-2005, 04:19 PM
I was introduced to Chiu Chuk Kai Tai Chi Praying Mantis (CCK TCPM) by Galen Fok but have the oppotunity to study under the late GM Chiu directly in Hong Kong.

My first style(s) was Lung Ying and Bak Mei. My Sifu was the late Sifu Chow Fook who learned from Lam Yui Kwai (Lung Ying) and Cheung Lai Chun (Bak Mei).

I think personality wise I take after Chow Fook more. He's the kind of person that always put on a smile and agree with most everybody all the time. If there is a MA function that requires [or not] his support he would be there (that I will have to work on a lot, lol...) Well, come to think of it, so was GM Chiu but he didn't smile as often as Chow Fook though, so...

Mantis108

yu shan
01-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Pong Lai Martial Arts under the guidance of Shifu John Scolaro and Shrye Shr ZhengZhong.

Jake Burroughs and Hu Xi Lin of Taji Meiwha, also Ilya Profatilov.

Hua Lin N. Praying Mantis under Art D`Agostino, Sean Cochran and Chan Pui.

Pretty much before this.... chop suey.

tanglang69
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Presently, Pong Lai system via Shrfu Jim Smyer in Nashville!

Before that I did Hua Lin Mantis under Sifu Pablo Zamora. Also some kenpo and arnis.

But I love the MANTIS STUFF!!!!

Later,

Oved:D

Reggie1
01-28-2005, 08:21 AM
7* Mantis / Wah Lum under sifu Jeff Hughes, under Raymond Fogg, from the Chiu Leun lineage. I believe the Wah Lum is from the Chan Pui lineage.