PDA

View Full Version : Shi Yanming in Wu-Tang Clan book

GeneChing
01-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I just saw this in the new books section - Wu-Tang Handbook by RZA (http://www.penguin.ca/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,0_1594480184,00.html) - There's a chapter on Shi Yanming and their pilgrimage to Wudangshan together. It's amusing and brought back memories, since I was there too. Here's my version. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=5) ;)

Starchaser107
01-28-2005, 10:37 AM
The Wu is commin thru the outcome is critical...

norther practitioner
01-28-2005, 11:06 AM
The game of chess, is like a swordfight
You must think first, before you move
Toad style is immensely strong, and immune to nearly any weapon
When it's properly used, it's almost invincible

Raw I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia
Raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia
My hip-hop will rock and shock the nation
like the Emancipation Proclamation
Weak MC's approach with slang that's dead
you might as well run into the wall and bang your head
I'm pushin' force, my force your doubtin'
I'm makin' devils cower to the Caucus Mountains

fanzi
01-28-2005, 01:50 PM
I'll look at that book in the bookstore. That trip was fun. RZA is a character. It was fun to rhyme with him and see him rap in front of Shaolin temple.

chiman

GeneChing
01-28-2005, 02:53 PM
That trip was fun. Sophia had a very prominent credit in the book, for photos I think. I only looked at it for a short moment while I was waiting for a movie to start... If anything, the Wudang/Yanming chapter was too short.

fanzi
01-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm not at the temple any more but I'd still like to see pictures from that trip in a book. I still haven't gotten through your account of the wudang visit. I came back to the states before they went to wudang. They had a great time.

chiman

GeneChing
01-31-2005, 10:28 AM
...there were only a few pictures, less than a dozen, B&W, mostly of RZA, Yanming and Chief Priest Zhong Yun Long (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=377).

shaolinboxer
01-31-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey Chiman,

Just noticed your post and wanted to wish you and anyone else from the old USAST crew well.

I recall seeing your sifu when he was renting space at Chau's Wu Mui (now "Fighthouse" or whatever). You've found a good spot to hang at.

-Lyle

fanzi
02-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Lyle,

I've actullay been trying to contact you. I sent you an invite on friendster but I guess you haven't checked it in a while.
If you click my profile on here, you can send me a message, then I'll give you my email.

Hope all is good,

chiman

GeneChing
02-01-2005, 10:31 AM
It warms the old heart to see Shaolin devotees reunited here on this forum. :)

shaolinboxer
02-04-2005, 08:57 AM
These days my devotion to shaolin is to its spirit, if you dig my meaning :).

richard sloan
02-06-2005, 10:48 PM
it's a pretty good book, filled with in depth insights.

I especially like the sections where RZA breaks down the rhymes.

Not only is he one of the sickest producers, he can spit, and he can also DJ, but now he put this book together.

Last year he played a sick set of oldskool joints at our New Year's/Birthday celebration that was just genius.

I pulled the records but the way he put them together...wish I had had a pen handy to write down the sequencing.

Fanzi, I think he played a bit too that night we were banging beats but memory escapes me.