PDA

View Full Version : Found Kung Fu in London ON

XiaoJieFu
01-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Well, I found a Kung Fu school up here by my university - but the site isn't too great. Maybe anyone's heard of the school/master? Please tell me if this school is worth checking out in person (whether it's legit or not)

http://www.pakmei.net/

All help appreciated - I hope it's a good school! Need to train up here :D

MasterKiller
01-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, I could be wrong about this, but I believe White Eyebrow kung fu was named in honor of Pai Mei, but I don't think he was actually involved in it's inception. FWIW, No one can really prove Pai Mei even existed.

Yum Cha
01-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi,
The school is legit, and you should check it out to find out if you like its style. There is a picture of their Sifu standing with Grandmaster Cheung Lai Cheun's son on the son's website from China, which would indicate to me that that a formal relationship does exist.

I believe you could classify these guys "old school." You may not get access to Pak Mei kung fu initially, as they are very selective as to whom they choose to teach, you may have to train other Kung Fu with them and prove your sincerity before they accept you to learn Pak Mei.

I'm not totally sure though, its best to talk to the Sifu and see what he has to say, watch a class and see if you like the feeling, and then make your decision.