PDA

View Full Version : Lions, Tigers & Bears... Oh MY!!!

sean_stonehart
01-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Well at least Lions & Dragons...

Gene... when did y'all decide to carry those & do you know if any of them will be stored in your Knoxville distribution center?

GeneChing
01-31-2005, 10:25 AM
We've been working on bringing a line of Lions and Dragons here for a New Year's promotion (http://store.martialartsmart.net/apromo.html) (this link will wokr for now, but we've been working so hard on it that it's only our promo link and I'll have to update it once we get the online store section established. I've spent the last week working in the warehouse, catagorizing the gear, checking it all. There were over a hundred lions shipping to our CA warehouse - a little less than half of them are being shipped to TN as we speak. It's good gear - take it from a former lion dancer - well made and at a competitive price. Contact your TN rep. The truck went out last week so they should be receiving it soon. I don't think we shipped them any dragons - in fact, I'm not sure what they got exactly. Some of the items, like the dashboard lions (http://store.martialartsmart.net/461025r.html), I don't know if they were shipped.

Shaolinlueb
01-31-2005, 10:53 AM
i saw the lion heads, about time. so nice. :D

sean_stonehart
01-31-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info Gene.

As a old, tired but current Lion Dancer I'll have to take a peek at them when I'm up Judge Pen's way... :D

Plus if we buy any of them up, we'll save shipping by spending $40 in gas to pick them up from TN... hopefully!!!

Judge Pen
01-31-2005, 12:35 PM
I was told that you could pick up from the door at the Knoxville location, but only if you had a special number (school distributor number or something)

sean_stonehart
01-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Right.... I remember that mostly. ;)

GeneChing
01-31-2005, 02:35 PM
I really don't know anything about their operations. I've never even been there.

Judge Pen
02-01-2005, 06:33 AM
You should come by sometime Gene. I'll buy dinner if you do. Just bring a couple of Got Qi girls with you.

GeneChing
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I'd love to see TN, but there's really no call for me to go out there. It's a division of the company that I'm not directly involved with - I have way too much responsibility here already to take on anyting happening in TN. Besides, they seem to do fine without me (thank goodness!)

Actually, the main reason I'd venture to TN would be to make a pilgrimage to the Jack Daniel's distillery. Or to catch Bonnaroo, if the line-up was good.

norther practitioner
02-01-2005, 10:16 AM
It sounds like Gene doesn't even want to fathem the chance of going to TN..

I don't blame you.

sean_stonehart
02-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Actually, the main reason I'd venture to TN would be to make a pilgrimage to the Jack Daniel's distillery.

It's a dry county though... :eek:

Judge Pen
02-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
I'd love to see TN, but there's really no call for me to go out there. It's a division of the company that I'm not directly involved with - I have way too much responsibility here already to take on anyting happening in TN. Besides, they seem to do fine without me (thank goodness!)

Actually, the main reason I'd venture to TN would be to make a pilgrimage to the Jack Daniel's distillery. Or to catch Bonnaroo, if the line-up was good.

I think Bonnaroo is close to the Jack Daniel's distillary. While the county is dry, there's plenty of free samples going around to make up for it.

GeneChing
02-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Arter drinking so much JD over the years, I couldn't go to TN and not pay my respects. I'd visit our warehouse in TN too, just to put some faces to some names, but there's really no reason for me to go out there otherwise. My department is entrenched here in CA.

Judge Pen
02-02-2005, 08:15 AM
The warehouse is in Knox County, which is not dry. Lynchburgh is at least 2 hours away from Knoxville.

GeneChing
02-02-2005, 10:41 AM
I imagine the distillery is the place to go, no? It's a bit of a moot point since I doubt I'll be out there anytime soon.

Judge Pen
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Sure, but driving to the distillery you'll hear "Dueling Banjos." It's in an extremely rural area.

GeneChing
02-02-2005, 05:29 PM
... come to think of it, when you take a goodly shot of JD, you tend to make a sqealling sound. :eek:

Judge Pen
02-03-2005, 07:19 AM
So long as you're safe in the confines of your own home, Gene, you can make any sound you want when you drink JD! :D

GeneChing
02-07-2005, 10:56 AM
That's strangely reassuring for you to reiterate it here though...

squeal. squeeeeeal. squeal.