PDA

View Full Version : ShaolinVsTaekwondo video

Lost Oath
01-31-2005, 10:57 AM
http://www.blacktaoist.com/Shaolin%20Vs%20Taekwondo.html

Think its fake? Know more like it?

fa_jing
01-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey that's pretty interesting. Neither fake (coreographed) nor real (intent to harm). The monk dealt with most of the attacks by moving back, but also displayed some blocking skills.

Judge Pen
01-31-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by fa_jing
Hey that's pretty interesting. Neither fake (coreographed) nor real (intent to harm). The monk dealt with most of the attacks by moving back, but also displayed some blocking skills.

I expected more "angled" evasion from both fighters.

red5angel
01-31-2005, 12:01 PM
this things been circulated through here a few times. Why would you think it was fake? Looks like two guys who know what they are doing, sparring.

David Jamieson
01-31-2005, 12:17 PM
yep seen it before.

I would say the shaolin successfully stopped the attacks of the tkd guy and also penetrated the tkd guys defenses more readily than the reverse.

point goes to shaolin in that demonstration.

GeneChing
01-31-2005, 02:45 PM
...we've discussed this video on this thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=32307). Check it out.

Jhapa
01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by mortal
The TKD guy had NO blocking techs.

TKD guy was taught olympic style tkd which is only good at fighting other tkd. if tkd guy was taught the traditional tkd, it would have been a little different, even though monk showed more skills due to longer training.

CaptinPickAxe
01-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Mr. TKD didn't throw a single punch...

I think he needs to expand his repitoire

shaolinsoccer
02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Judge Pen
I expected more "angled" evasion from both fighters. WHen I was in TKD, we never learned to fight with angles-only heads on fighting.

Knifefighter
02-01-2005, 08:32 PM
That was the kung fu version of professional wrestling.

Strangler
02-01-2005, 10:48 PM
In muay thai (at least in thailand) theyt each the fighters to move forwards and backwards instead of circling around their opponent like in boxing or moving diagonal.

joedoe
02-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Knifefighter
That was the kung fu version of professional wrestling.

Just out of curiosity, do you ever have anything nice to say about TMA?

Knifefighter
02-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by joedoe
Just out of curiosity, do you ever have anything nice to say about TMA? Yeah... see my post on the yi quan sparring thread. Those guys were actually doing a bit of realistic sparring (except for the top of the head shot).

The shaolin and TKD guys were trying to make a fake fight look real, but weren't doing a very good job at it. Emin's VT group does a much better job at this in their demonstrations.

norther practitioner
02-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I think some should read the thread about this on the shaolin forum.

joedoe
02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Knifefighter
Yeah... see my post on the yi quan sparring thread. Those guys were actually doing a bit of realistic sparring (except for the top of the head shot).

The shaolin and TKD guys were trying to make a fake fight look real, but weren't doing a very good job at it. Emin's VT group does a much better job at this in their demonstrations.

OK fair enough. It just seems that most of your posts pour scorn on TMA, so it is hard to find the ones where you don't :)

Strangler
02-02-2005, 08:21 PM
so is the shaolin vs tkd fight fake?

norther practitioner
02-03-2005, 08:59 AM
lets just call it friendly sparring for tv on a variety show.