PDA

View Full Version : Hardest pushups evAr (vid)

IronFist
01-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Ok, this is a slow download, and it's a breakdancing vid, but watch the pushups this guy does at 1:46. Absolutely incredible.

Link (http://cookedpost.com/patricio/breakdance.wmv)

For those who can't download it, imagine doing incline pushups where your feet are a good 12" higher than your head. Now imagine you're doing pushups in that same position except your feet aren't resting on anything; you're just holding them in the air with incredible back/hip/hamstring strength and balance and still cranking out reps. :eek:

Mo Lung
01-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Man, on the fingertips, no less! :eek: That is some of the best raw strength, flexibility, looseness and balance you're ever likely to see. That guy is amazing. They should draft him into their olympic gymnastics team!

rubthebuddha
01-31-2005, 10:41 PM
i impressed. give that man a cookie ...

... then give me three -- i'm jonesin for some chocochip.

Samurai Jack
02-01-2005, 12:49 AM
They oughta hire that guy to do the stunts for "Spiderman 3". They wouldn't have to spend a penny on CGI.

mickey
02-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Man, that was good!!!

That push up skill comes from using the rings in gymnastics. I wish I had all of those abilities. NICE.

If only they shot You Got Served that way instead of using strange shots from different angles.

That guy could excell at any physical pursuit.

Great find IronFist,

mickey

Ming Yue
02-01-2005, 07:22 AM
man, his kung fu is GOOD.

Superhuman core strength!!

red5angel
02-01-2005, 08:16 AM
while he's a class A breaker, this stuff is actually pretty normal amongst good breakers and capoeristas :D

What amazes me more then anything else the technique he does about 15 seconds into it when he does a handstand then leans backwards! Our instructor in class can do this and it looks painful but awesome!
also check out the handstand stuff at 1:20!

Ford Prefect
02-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Planche push-ups. I'm working up to them. You can see a kid doing similar ones on the left part of the screen, but his body is tucked. That's where I'm at. They are hard as hell too.

On a side note, that guy looked like he was 5-3... That'd help for sure.

norther practitioner
02-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Red, that is a hollow back, go get a new break vid.. the kids today are redic.

My gymnastics coach (when I was 6) pete tweed had the world record for planch pushups.

Chief Fox
02-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
Planche push-ups. I'm working up to them. You can see a kid doing similar ones on the left part of the screen, but his body is tucked. That's where I'm at. They are hard as hell too.

On a side note, that guy looked like he was 5-3... That'd help for sure.

Hey Ford, I was thinking about working my way up to these too. I saw a site that had a planche progression on it. It went a little something like this.
1. Frog stand (once you can do this for 1 min. move on)
2. Tuck planche
3. extended tuck planche with back straight.
4. straddle planche

Make sense?

Ford Prefect
02-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Probably the same article I saw. ;) To be honest, it's rediculously hard. At least for me it is. I'm definately no natural gymnast at 6' and lanky arms. Just be patient. One tip would be to definately start on the ground. I started on paralellettes and it's 100x easier. When i tried to transfer to the ground, it was very difficult.

red5angel
02-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Ford - how do you work up to them?

NP - yep, I couldn't remember the name but been wanting to do it cine I took BD classes.

What's a frog stand? Parellelettes?

norther practitioner
02-01-2005, 10:29 AM
frog, is if you were to go from all fours to just your hands... all balled up,

Chief Fox
02-01-2005, 10:59 AM
I found the article: http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/

Ford Prefect
02-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Red,

Chief posted the article I was talking about. Admittedly as much as I know about physical culture, I know very little about gymnastics besides some basic movements and the how's and why's of it effecting your body. Personally, I couldn't develop a full training development plan for a gymnast.

PangQuan
02-01-2005, 11:57 AM
that guy totally knows capoeira.

red5angel
02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
lol, I wish I had the skill that guy does, I'd like to see him doing some capoeira!

Ford, I'm personally not looking for a gymnasts workout, although my bet is it would probably get me where I wanted to go! mostly I need to develop core strength, and the sort of body/weight strength to be able to get the most from my art.

What I really need to do is stat coming up with a basic routine, a schedule of exercises to work with, maybe I'll start another threa don it to get some suggestions.

rubthebuddha
02-01-2005, 01:54 PM
red -- you getting any of my IMs? i gots presents for you, and i burned all the rick moranis pics.

i did keep the negatives, though. ironfist would be heartbroken if i destroyed those. ;)

red5angel
02-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I can see you plakolopdopolis I just can't hear you, or read you, or whatever. I'll try removing and readding you.