PDA

View Full Version : li siu hung's drunken video

Shaolin Dude
02-02-2005, 12:41 AM
What's the name of this form? I heard it's eight drunken immortals?

Eddie
02-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Joy Baat Sin Keun - 8 drunken immortals

cool form, even cooler video
Eddie

GeneChing
02-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Here it is (http://www.martialartsmart.net/prsh003.html)
I'm sure that as soon as Sow Choy logs on here again, he can tell you all about it.

GARRA DE TIGRE
02-02-2005, 05:49 PM
sow choy :

what's happend with voce ?
the meninas can't let you come back ?

eddie :

i'd wrote to you 're new email adress . do you'd read my email ?

Eddie
02-03-2005, 12:34 AM
my new e-mail is not working to well. did get your e-mail, but im batteling to send out e-mails. my old e-mail addresses will be working again soon, as soon as i have my new isp setup done correctly.

having a very frustrating time at the moment
eddie

Sow Choy
02-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Garra,

Como vai? Eu sta muito bem... I am fine, just crazy busy preparing for Chinese New Year, too many shows and alot of Lion Dancing on the Poles for shows, so lots of practice... But i try to check out things here time to time...

Eddie,

Best wishes to everyone there and have a great Chinese New Year!

And Eddie was correct, its called: "Joi Baat Seen Kuen" (no set spelling in English) or "8 Drunken Immortals". It is a Choy Lay Fut form.

Joe

Eddie
02-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Sow Choy,
You should move down here seeing that you are learning so many languages at the moment (you know we have 11 official languages). If you know Portuguese, French and English, Africa will just be your play ground. Im tempted to learn some basic Spanish, even if it is just to understand the lyrics from Hocico (electronic band from mexico).

Send my wishes to everyone. Have a festive CNY.

Eddie

Shaolin Dude
02-07-2005, 01:51 AM
ok, so I bought the buddha's palm video yesterday. I have a question about one of the beginning moves in the form. there's like a small walk with arms swinging on your side. does the back hand form a hook or just a palm? is there any crane's beak in this form?

I know the plum flower fist form so I got most of the movements.

CLFNole
02-07-2005, 10:00 AM
The move is called chum kiu or sinking bridge. If you know plum flower its the same as in the beginning before the 1st sow choy.

The feel of Fut Ga Jeurng is much different from Plum Flower, most notably in the palm sequence in the beginning with loi lim jeurng and oui lim jeurng.

Good luck to you.

Sow Choy
04-13-2005, 02:34 PM
DVD's are now available at www.leekoonhungkungfu.com for all of our videos including the drunken form

I lost many emails of people requesting DVD's so moderators, i hope you don't mind me posting here...

go to :

www.leekoonhungkungfu.com

or ask if available at

www.martialartsmart.com

The prices are the same as the videos, and there are some deals if you buy 2 or all 5...

Check it out and thanks!!!

Joe Keit

Vash
04-13-2005, 04:13 PM
The 8 Immortals is a great video. I have a question about the form itself, though.

Do other lineages have the form? If so, are they similar?

I was working with a practitioner of CLF a few semesters ago, and we traded partial forms - I got some Joi Baat Seen Kuen, he got some Kusanku (Isshinryu). What he gave me, looks just like the initial moves from the video. I'm not sure he said he was from your lineage, but I can't say he wasn't.

I plan on getting the rest of the form off the video (he gave me about half the form and a few supplemental drunken techniques from in the form) one day, after I figure out which Isshinryu forms I'm specializing in.

Shaolin Dude
04-13-2005, 09:33 PM
my sifu yao li learned the 8 drunken immortals form when he was still at wah lum

Ben Gash
04-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Following on from Vash's question, how come you do 8 drunken immortals? I thought drunken slip fist was the Jeong Hung Sing form?

Sow Choy
04-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi everybody

I have seen a few other CLF drunken forms, and it seems the same as in all our forms: similar techniques but in different patterns.

Ben,

I never heard of this form you mention. In our lineage and in most of the Hong Kong schools I have met with, Drunken forms are not well liked and are thought of as a bit silly... My belief is most of the drunken forms were for demonstrations only. Kung Fu for a long time has relied on demos to help build revenue for their schools...

But I also like alot of the combos and the use of hands in our form. But that stupid video on the main form where they fight the karate guys is just retarded in my opinion... The movies have made people believe that we fightlike that...

Silly

Joe

gwa sow
04-14-2005, 12:30 PM
hey, we need some naguri, so we can go practice our joy Baat Sin Keun. SAAAAAAKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!1