PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Shins on Purpose?

Water Dragon
02-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Let's say you were in a bar and someone tried to start **** with you, yet you didn't really want to fight. What do you think the effect would be if you just cracked him shin to shin?

I've both checked kicks and had kicks checked hard enough to bring tears to my eyes. Leiterally made me want to cry a couple of times. What would happen if you just walked up and cracked a regular Joe shin to shin?

Do ya think he would start crying like a baby?

red5angel
02-02-2005, 09:21 AM
lol, hard to say, adrenaline can do funny things to a person. why not give it a try next time you're in a bar? :D

Water Dragon
02-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Tell ya what, next time I'm in Minnesota we'll hook up and I'll crack you in the shin.

IronFist
02-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
I've both checked kicks and had kicks checked hard enough to bring tears to my eyes. Leiterally made me want to cry a couple of times. What would happen if you just walked up and cracked a regular Joe shin to shin?

Do ya think he would start crying like a baby?

It would probably backfire. You would start crying, he would start laughing, and then his friend next to him would say "haha, Spike here has a titanium plate in his shin from a motorcycle accident last year."

MasterKiller
02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I grew up with a real tough guy named Stoney, and that was how he started every fight I ever saw him in, which was quite a lot over the years. It seemed to work for him.

IronFist
02-02-2005, 09:34 AM
MK, do you mean he kicked shin to shin (kind of hard if the guy is just standing there) or did he kick them in the shin with like a steel toed boot or something?

Water Dragon
02-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
It would probably backfire. You would start crying, he would start laughing, and then his friend next to him would say "haha, Spike here has a titanium plate in his shin from a motorcycle accident last year."

LMFAO! If you remember Crippled Avenger, he used to train Shuai Chiao with me and had a steel plate in his leg. I remember going for Iron Brooms on him and cracking that **** plate and then hopping around on one leg cussing and crying and laughing all at the same time.

Thanks for the memories Bro!

Judge Pen
02-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Better hope you don't kick Stoney then.

I've though about this too, but if the guy's hopped up on something then it's probably not going to hurt him much.

MasterKiller
02-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
MK, do you mean he kicked shin to shin (kind of hard if the guy is just standing there) or did he kick them in the shin with like a steel toed boot or something? Boot to shin.

SevenStar
02-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
LMFAO! If you remember Crippled Avenger, he used to train Shuai Chiao with me and had a steel plate in his leg. I remember going for Iron Brooms on him and cracking that **** plate and then hopping around on one leg cussing and crying and laughing all at the same time.

Thanks for the memories Bro!

he crossed my mind the other day. What happened to him?

Water Dragon
02-02-2005, 11:45 AM
I dunno. Monkeyslap came in and we did a two day seminar and the kid just disappeared off the face of the earth after that. I haven't heard a word from him in about a year now.

red5angel
02-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Tell ya what, next time I'm in Minnesota we'll hook up and I'll crack you in the shin.

Aren't you in Chicago? I'm going to be in Chicago the weekend of March 4th at a gaming geek convention. I don't know if I will have time to break away but maybe we could get a beer or something while I'm there.
Then we could test your theory....

Water Dragon
02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Hit me up when you go

red5angel
02-02-2005, 12:13 PM
kewl, what I wil do is get your digits before I go then if I find myself with some time I'll give you a call. I'm not sure exactly what part of chicago we're gong to be in. Here's the link to the con, I don't know if this is close enough to get together or what.

http://www.little-wars.com/

ShaolinTiger00
02-02-2005, 12:52 PM
My shins are pretty dead.

If I think a guy is a sissy, I'll force him to do a shin block and take it just to see how much it bothers him.

Water Dragon
02-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
My shins are pretty dead.

Kinda like your personality, eh?

:p

Royal Dragon
02-02-2005, 08:40 PM
In the early to mid 90s I used to block round kicks, shin to shin and laugh as my opponents had to stop. Then around 98-99 or so I stopped all the solo traing for a short bit and went to Iron Fist West Kung Fu and got into some hard sparring. The first round kick I saw, I instinctivle blocked shin to shin and was in a WORLD of hurt. I guess I softened up from a few years of not doing it or something. I had a lump on my right shin that STILL hasn't fully gone down. From then on I started blocking them with stop kicks instead.

I noticed an advantage over the shin to shin block as I was able to disrupt my opponents balance that way. I began playing around with hand combos set up from useing stop kicks to block their round kicks with some success.