PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Chins on Purpose?

IronFist
02-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Let's say you were in a bar and someone tried to start **** with you, yet you didn't really want to fight. What do you think the effect would be if you just cracked him chin to chin?

I've both checked kicks and had kicks checked hard enough to bring tears to my eyes. Leiterally made me want to cry a couple of times. What would happen if you just walked up and cracked a regular Joe chin to chin?

Do ya think he would start crying like a baby?

Or do you think he would think you were trying to kiss him?

Water Dragon
02-02-2005, 09:41 AM

rogue
02-02-2005, 09:45 AM
I hear that in China Kung Fu schools they hit alot of Chins. Some Wangs too.

Hua Lin Laoshi
02-02-2005, 10:13 AM
I think chin to chin would be considered a kiss. Personally, I'd prefer to hit to the shins. :D

Ming Yue
02-02-2005, 10:43 AM
aargh.. rogue got to the joke before me.

:D

Shaolinlueb
02-02-2005, 11:02 AM
wtf.

buwhahahahahahahaha

yes chin to chin works. especially if you are iron chin man.

CaptinPickAxe
02-02-2005, 11:19 AM
My friend is the grandmaster of the Face smash (like a horrible headbutt but hitting with the face instead of the top of the head). He came home to his girlfriend cheating on him. He smashed his face against the other guy's face until his opponent recognized him as the Alpha male and left his domain, tail tucked between his legs.

True story.

Starchaser107
02-02-2005, 11:21 AM
reclining squirrel fist again eh.

Hua Lin Laoshi
02-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I saw a girl doing a headbutt to some guys groin, over and over. It must have hurt because he was making the weirdest sounds.

:D :D :D

Starchaser107
02-02-2005, 12:17 PM
was he beckoning to God?

red5angel
02-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I know a chick who gave her man a sandpaper handjob cause he was being an ass to her.

IronFist
02-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
My friend is the grandmaster of the Face smash (like a horrible headbutt but hitting with the face instead of the top of the head). He came home to his girlfriend cheating on him. He smashed his face against the other guy's face until his opponent recognized him as the Alpha male and left his domain, tail tucked between his legs.

True story.

I seriously don't get it. If I walked in on my gf cheating on me I would buy the guy a beer. I would say thank you for showing me what a **** my gf is before I married her. I don't understand why guys kick the other guy's ass. It's entirely possible that she picked him up at a club and he didn't even know she had a boyfriend (you).

What if you were in bed with some chick and all of the sudden a guy busted through the door and kicked your ass cuz she didn't mention she had a boyfriend. wtf?

Think.

Then act.

I hate people.

Strangler
02-03-2005, 12:10 AM
would standing is a horse stance with weights tied to a rather small ***** make the ***** any larger? a friend of mine is wondering.

Toby
02-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Think of the therapeutic benefits Iron. Plus, like CPA said, it's all about being the alpha male.

Strangler
02-03-2005, 02:24 AM
http://www.shaolinchamber.com/sound_files/invincibleshaolin-theme.mp3

Royal Dragon
02-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I've been known to BLOCK attacks with my Chin!!!

;)

IronFist
02-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Think of the therapeutic benefits Iron. Plus, like CPA said, it's all about being the alpha male.

I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. Fvck being the alpha male. He's basically just shown me that my gf isn't worthy of my time so there's no reason to be the alpha male because I no longer want her. He can have her.

Logic > me.

MasterKiller
02-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. Fvck being the alpha male. He's basically just shown me that my gf isn't worthy of my time so there's no reason to be the alpha male because I no longer want her. He can have her.

Logic > me. Maybe he tricked he into svcking him off. He could have told her it was baby snake that needed mouth-to-mouth. Boy, you'd feel like real dolt if you broke up with her then, huh?

PangQuan
02-03-2005, 04:00 PM

Logic > me.

im with you on this one. d@mn $luts have it comin' to em anyhow.

CaptinPickAxe
02-03-2005, 04:02 PM
His girlfriend cheated on him with his good friend.

And I would smash a mother****er for sleeping with my girlfriend of 3 years...

I'd be the alpha male!

PangQuan
02-03-2005, 04:53 PM
hmm, good friend eh? well he certainly knew. I would give him a chance to run from me first. I dont think I would go alpha. I would just show him who can kick who's @ss. I dont believe humans have alpha's thats for lower species', we just happen to have strong and we have weak.

joedoe
02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by PangQuan
hmm, good friend eh? well he certainly knew. I would give him a chance to run from me first. I dont think I would go alpha. I would just show him who can kick who's @ss. I dont believe humans have alpha's thats for lower species', we just happen to have strong and we have weak.

Humans have alphas

PangQuan
02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
whoa I just realized it let you say mother****er.

PangQuan
02-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
Humans have alphas

if humans had true alphas, it would be impossible for us to use co-operation in leadership, which we do daily.

Starchaser107
02-03-2005, 05:46 PM
humans have alphas but in more subtle ways than beasts , normally, but the evidence supports itself from history till now , look at the cliques around you. look at the very notion of patriarchs...
look inside your own qwoon

joedoe
02-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Even when leaders cooperate there is an alpha. In every human social structure there is an alpha, it is as SC says, a lot more subtle than in the animal world.

Toby
02-03-2005, 06:28 PM
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

Logic > me. No sarcasm Mr Spock. I'd be cracking skulls.

joedoe
02-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Betrayal is a nasty thing. And just remember that it takes two to tango. If she isn't worth your time, then neither is he.

IronFist
02-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Alphas in human society aren't based on physical strength like they are in the animal kingdom. Otherwise weight lifters and MMAers would be leading the country.

Strangler
02-04-2005, 02:56 PM
http://grouphug.us/

FatherDog
02-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Strangler
http://grouphug.us/

http://www.princeton.edu/~moraski2/youdeserveaseizure.gif

PangQuan
02-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Ok, ok, I guess Ill bow down before the alpha argument, but I personally dont believe in alpha. So from that standpoint the only "Alpha" males in my life are my teacher and my boss. Both for very apparent reasons. The teacher, because he can kill me in a split second, and the boss well, because he can fire me in a split second. Anyone else who can declair dominence over me is just a better fighter/stratagist. I just think that the "alpha" term is inapropriate in such a complex social system that humans have developed, the dominance system humans have developed is way to intricate to simply label it as alpha, but i guess for lack of a better name we can call it the alpha system. I just like to cause mental ruckus.:p

PangQuan
02-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog
http://www.princeton.edu/~moraski2/youdeserveaseizure.gif

YOU KILLED MY BROTHER !!!!

PangQuan
02-04-2005, 06:34 PM
YOU KILLED MY BROTHER !!!!

jk

omarthefish
02-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Man do people have a hard time admitting that they are animals. Always amazes me.

if humans had true alphas, it would be impossible for us to use co-operation in leadership, which we do daily.

This presumes that "lower primates" don't do this which they do. I don't feel like quoting everybody but all the other folks talking about how much more subtle human social structure is and how our alpha males aren't as obvious or whatever are also both underestimating the complexity of primate social structure in general and overestimating the complexities of human social structure.

Ironically, it is just that subtle complex social structure that gives rise to the whole "alpha male" thing. It only exists in complex communities.With animals that are more solitary and less social it plays less of a roll. The more social, the more signifigant the impact. All that's different with humans is the particular combination of traits that puts you at the top of the social heap.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-06-2005, 02:31 AM
i have seen more and more of it ever since i started taking training my dog seriously.

PangQuan
02-07-2005, 02:55 PM
can i have some ketchup for my foot please?

joedoe
02-07-2005, 03:36 PM
In animal groups, each group has an alpha. Animals usually stay with the one group, so they have only have one alpha at a time. Human society is made up of many groups, with people being active member of multiple groups at a time. Each of those groups has an alpha, and even sub-groups within those groups have an alpha as well. The difference between us and animals is that an alpha may be part of another group where they are not the alpha.

PangQuan
02-08-2005, 12:36 PM
thats kind of what i am trying to say, should it not be a different classification other than the term "alpha" I think the alpha term is a little to vague for human society. We are a bit more complicated then that. Because in that sense, George W. is the American alpha, since he is

~websters dic~ 1. Being the highest ranked or most dominant individual of one's sex. Used of social animals: the alpha female of the wolf pack.

I personally dont think he is MY alpha. He is however my technical, social, and politcal leader, but not my alpha, because well, when it comes down to it, you pit us two in a caged death match, I am confident I would win. Because when you inter polotics into the equation it breaks the boundaries of the complex social behaviors in which the alpha term is isolated. Animals do not have polotics, ie; humans are not animals, in the sense of mentality. In that regard the alpha specification does not cover all of the interconnected mental workings of the intellectual human psychi.

I AM NOT saying that humans do not have superiors based on the many social structures within our multitudes of soci, I am really just getting a little too technical with the term being used. Sorry I just like to "fuel the fire" so to speak.

P.S. I would never, have never and will never consider harming the president of the united states of america. So please do not send those guys with dark sunglasses to my home.:D

joedoe
02-08-2005, 02:52 PM
But that is what I am saying. In terms of social status, political power etc GW Bush is your alpha. If, for whatever reason he joined your school with the purpose of learning how to fight, then you would be alpha to him (unless of course his secret service agents stepped in). In different social situations, there are different alphas.

For example, I work with a few guys I train with. One of them is technically my boss. At work he is alpha to me. In class, I am alpha to him. We recognise that difference and behave according to the situation we find ourselves in.

If you don't like the term alpha, then use a different one :)

PangQuan
02-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I probably should, I just see that in, for instance, a pack of wolves, the alpha, is always alpha in everything no matter what, unless he/she is challenged and defeated, in which case the prior alpha is either dead, abandoned, or at the bottom. Pack animals are all like this, this is the base foundation for the terminology of alpha, but with human there is a completely different order to things, as you say you are alpha to your alpha, depending on the situation. This is not possible in wild pack animals. The base for deriving the term alpha goes against this, in other words the term alpha is incorrect. Like i said earlier I like to "fuel the fire" and i thank you for the help, i do so love debate. It is not really the word alpha in which I am disagreeing it is the definition by which the word is implied, using the word alpha in regards to humans is different than using it in regards to a pack of wolves. I am an arse. this i know.

joedoe
02-08-2005, 03:37 PM
No problems, I enjoy a civilised debate as well :)

Well, I guess to me the term alpha describes the dominant individual in a social group. In animals, that describes the pack leader. Since as humans we participate in multiple social groups it means that there can be multiple alphas.

The funny thing is that people who are alphas in one group often find it difficult to submit to a different alpha in another group hence causing a lot of social tensions (how many times hav eyou seen leaders clash?). I can assure you it has produced some interesting times in our office :).

But you will also notice that someone who is an alpha will usually tend to be either an alpha or at least in some sort of leadership role in alternate social groups (look at the captains of industry), and in fact will probably avoid involvement in social groups where they cannot be the alpha.

PangQuan
02-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Ya, that makes sense, I guess it is now acceptable to use the term alpha with humans. :D I have enjoyed this intellectual stimulation. Thanks bro! We can argue again later.

joedoe
02-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Been fun. Until next time :)

Starchaser107
02-08-2005, 06:33 PM
wow.

teardrop:D

joedoe
02-08-2005, 07:00 PM
lol. Unusual occurence eh? :D

Starchaser107
02-08-2005, 08:13 PM
word.

norther practitioner
02-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Wait, I'm not convinced

What were we talking about.. oh, right, how I'm the alpha male.

joedoe
02-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Wait, I'm not convinced

What were we talking about.. oh, right, how I'm the alpha male.

You? LOL!!!! :D :D

PangQuan
02-08-2005, 09:06 PM
lol