PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: SaekSan

red5angel
02-02-2005, 10:20 AM
My wife got her nickname yesterday. They pronounced it "sayfallah", I'm not sure how it's spelled. It has somehting to do wth talking in circles or talking to yourself. It's also supposed to have an aggressive quality because my wife tends to get frustrated in the roda and when that happens she starts cursing! It's hilarious.

Shaolinlueb
02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
wow thanks r5a. :o

SaekSan
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Hmmm...

Could it be "sai pra la' " or pronounced quickly "saipala' "?

That would mean "git outta here", it literaly translates as "exit that way". If so, it's a fun one.

Does she curse in English or Portuguese? If she wants to make the roda more "de rua" (ghetto) I can teach you a few good lines... hehehe

:D

red5angel
02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
awesome, send me the lines I'm sure she would atleast appreciate the humor.

All I can say at the moment is it sounded like sayfala and it is supposed ot have something to do with talking in circles or talking to yourself.

By the way, I mentioned your tournemant and a couple of the guys sound interested in car pooling out. We'll have to see if they feel the same as it grows closer to time to go.

SaekSan
02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Hmmm...

Maybe "sei fala" but that would mean "I know how to talk"... :)

Portuguese 101:

Use the term "porra" (pronounced "poha") like a comma, punctuation mark, adjective or by itself. The term in itself means "semen" but is used like we use "f*ck" or "sh*t"

Example:

Entrei na roda porra, vai faze o que? (I'm in the roda porra, whatcha gonna do?)

Vai se fude porra! (Go f*ck yourself porra!)

Essa porra de berimbau e' uma merda! (This f*cking berimbau sucks!)

PORRA!!! (PORRA!!!)

Now, other statements that can be used:

Que sai na porrada?! (Pronounciation: Keh sah-i na po-hah-dah)(Translation: Wanna get into a fight?!) This can be used after someone bumps into you... by mistake :D

Vai toma no cu! (P: Vah-i to-mah nuh ku!) (T: Go f*ck yourself!) Used mostly to tell someone off but is great when used after handing someone there ass...:D

Vai pra puta-que-pariu! (P: Vah-i pra putah-ki-pah-rill) (T: Go to hell) (Literal Translation: Go to the wh*re that gave birth... implying that it's there mother) This is one is used frequently on telemarketers right before hanging-up. :D

On the kuoshu thing, that would be great! I hope to see you all soon.

:)

red5angel
02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
lol, I'll pass this on to hr, I'm sure she will find it amusing and helpful!

I'll see if I can get her nick clarified on thursday and let you know.

red5angel
02-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Talked to my instructor, it's definitely "sefala" and it's supposed to have something to do with talking to yourself.

SaekSan
02-04-2005, 09:28 AM
hmmm...

Not sure on that term... might be a regional thing, might be a slang I'm not aware of.

I could see it as "talks to self" ("si fala" like the term "fala a si mesmo") but I'd take it with a "mental patient" conotation.

red5angel
02-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Actually that interpretation might be right SaekSan! they laughed when they told her and explained it was because she swore a lot in the roda. They sad it had an "Evil" not as in malicious but in a kidding sort of way, connotation to it that had something to do with talking to yourself.

SaekSan
02-04-2005, 09:45 AM
LOL

How about yours? When are they gonna give you yours?

:)

red5angel
02-04-2005, 11:03 AM
not sure yet. I get the feeling they've been talking about one so we'll see!

YuanZhideDiZhen
02-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by red5angel

All I can say at the moment is it sounded like sayfala and it is supposed ot have something to do with talking in circles or talking to yourself.

Back in the mid nineties i heard a story about a ferocious little girl that was all knees and elbows-and she couldn't get any of the boys to play with her when she was showing off. the nickname is supposed to be fun and a bit of a pun: a little like the style and the guy called sai. like the kid on the playground nobody wants to go talk to/exchange 'words' with and meanders by herself. walking in circles as girls do. ect.ect.

YuanZhideDiZhen
02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
red5angel:

do you know where one could get a dvd of adam hsu's forms or the bagua associated with tarrn lang? those taiwanese tapes often don't play too well here in the states...?

SaekSan
02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
YuanZhideDiZhen,

"Back in the mid nineties i heard a story about a ferocious little girl that was all knees and elbows-and she couldn't get any of the boys to play with her when she was showing off. the nickname is supposed to be fun and a bit of a pun: a little like the style and the guy called sai. like the kid on the playground nobody wants to go talk to/exchange 'words' with and meanders by herself. walking in circles as girls do. ect.ect."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

red5angel
02-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Yuan? Is that you moremisfortune? You sent me a PM I forgot to reply to but I don't think I am who you thin I am, or maybe you're not who you think you are? I don't know but I don't recognize the questions you're answering me although I'd like to know where you got thet story about the little girl in the playground!

Hey SaekSan - you should chck out my training Blog in the health and excercise from time to time. I'm going to keep notes not just on my progress training but in capoeira as well.

anyway, check this out, see if you can picture it. I hit a moment where I can tell I'm starting to get it a little last night. We were doing drills at the beginning of class and one of them was to go into esquiva (I think that's what it's called, I'm horrible with technique names but essentially its' the low dodge where you look like you're in a lunge position). Anyway you go into it, then you flip your hands over to your "open" side and Au, kicking with the INSIDE leg, not the usually outside. It feels bizarre but after my first attempt I got it clean. It sounds easy but looks and feels bizarre.

I also got a nice "pontape" on my instructor last night too, although I paid for it later :D

FatherDog
02-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
not sure yet. I get the feeling they've been talking about one so we'll see!

They're trying to decide between "homem que possui um cão fraco e minúsculo" and "sua esposa matá-lo-ia em uma luta".

red5angel
02-04-2005, 04:30 PM
yo intende (?) poco portuguese :D

SaekSan
02-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Red,

Cool I'll check it out! On first try you got it? Yeah boy you gots da skillz :D

"pontape" I always loved that term it means "tip of foot" (gives me the image of boot kicking someone on the chin) and can be used in general to mean kicking although a more correct term would be "chute".

BTW I was browing through the new Kwon catalog and they have these Capoeira pants and t-shirts, pretty cool, seems like Europe is embracing Capoeira too.

LOL FatherDog!

"man that owns a small and weak dog" or "his wife would kill him in a fight"

red5angel
02-07-2005, 11:38 AM
"man that owns a small and weak dog" or "his wife would kill him in a fight"

LOL, is that what FD said? I would replace weak with "lethal" and I can't change the second part. She could probbaly kill YOU in a fight :D

Saeksan, LOL@ the skill! Saturday I struggled for two hours trying to get macacao right. I can do it, it just looks horrible and I can't seem to correct it very well.

On top of that you should have seen me bungling this sequence we were working on in class. Negative>Role>Queda De Rins. You stay low the whole time and ti sucks, I still can't do it.

MoreMisfortune
02-09-2005, 07:17 PM
huh dude im not Yuan

im just sleepy right now, i was at carnival this days
i didnt really party at all, just ate too much, pet some dogs, checked out some babes in bikinis, major traffic jam, met my cousins brand new girlfriend (i liked the before the previous one better), mentally cursed some argentinos at the soccer game and laughed a bit
came up with a 2006 unnamed project for myself and
i believe i need a beer

red5angel
02-10-2005, 07:52 AM
didnt really party at all, just ate too much, pet some dogs, checked out some babes in bikinis,

see, here's your problem Xebbie, you're supposed to check out the dogs and pet the babes :D

SaekSan
02-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Ohhh, how I miss carnaval... the bundas, the mulatas...

:(