PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Open Tai Chi Chuan and Nei Jia Chuan Championships 2005

ripat
02-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Hereby we would like to invite you to the third Swedish Open Championships for Tai Chi Chuan and internal Chinese Martial Arts.

The Championship will take place the 21st of May in Vasahallen in Linköping, Sweden, approximately 200 km south-west of Stockholm. Last year competitiors from Poland, Lebanon, Syria, USA, Denmark, Norway and of course Sweden participated in the competition. This year we are working hard to make the Championships even bigger and better, and we hope for even more participation from abroad. May is a very good month to visit Sweden!

On the day of the competition there will also be several Martial Arts demonstrations and a dinner in the evening.

The day after the competition, Sunday the 22th of May, there will be a workshop in Bagua Zhang. Please check the website for more details.

If you know more people who might be interested, we appreciate if you help us spread the word.

For more information, please visit:
http://taichichuan.nu/swedishopen

Welcome!

Best regards,

The Swedish Open Committee 2005

Ray Pina
02-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I was there in 2003 when this was going on, saw the yellow flyers and was like, "what is this?"

Interestingly enough two Swedish companies, Alloc and Berry, want to fly me back out there to see some new stuff. I haven't set a date with them yet. I think they want to do it sooner than later though.

Is there free fighting at this event or just form and push hands?

ripat
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Ahh, you did? Good to hear! 2003 was the first year we arranged it. I hope you enjoyed it.

> Is there free fighting at this event or just form and push hands?

Sorry, no free fighting... Only forms and pushing hands (fixed-, restricted- and moving step).

Ray Pina
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM
I didn't go, but I have to admit I tore the poster down off the wall ... wait, that wasn't in Sweden. Now that I think about it it was in Hanover I think. No, I was in Hanover but the flyer was for Sweden. I think.

Was it a yellow poser with a taiji guy holding a broadsword over his head?

Being from America and a martial artists, coming across that poster was cool. The event already passed, so I didn't feel like I was doing any harm.

ripat
02-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Aha, but then it wasn't our competition. The 2003 poster was white with a big swedish flag with an taichi symbol embedded. Like on the front of the SO Website.

Too bad that logo didn't transfer to a t-shirt very well, so since last year we have a much better one. :-)

ripat
04-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone!

Time for a little reminder: the last day to register for Swedish Open 2005 is on april 21st. After that we cannot guarrantee a place in the competition.

This year there have been even more interest from abroad which is really great! Over 20 people from different places in Russia have been registred, and we have been in contact with people from Denmark, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, India, Singapore and others. I'll get back with a little more information closer to the competition.