PDA

View Full Version : li peng 05 shaolin competition?

Pk_StyLeZ
02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
go to his website
it says more info coming soon?
anyone got any other info besides that?
like dates?

Shaolinlueb
02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
li peng got the info dude.

oh yeah ill be there. maybe ill compete this year :o ;)

Shaolinlueb
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
and provide a link to his site next time too dude!!!!! (http://www.americaneuropeanshaolin.com/)

Pk_StyLeZ
02-03-2005, 05:43 AM
sorry
i posted this like 2 mins before i slept
i was really tired and wnated to go sleep
now impostin dis 2 min after i woke up
lolz

Shaolinlueb
02-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
sorry
i posted this like 2 mins before i slept
i was really tired and wnated to go sleep
now impostin dis 2 min after i woke up
lolz

lmao, **** pk. how you been?

Jhapa
02-03-2005, 10:42 AM
didn't he give up his monk status and get married and now have a son.

norther practitioner
02-03-2005, 10:59 AM
What does that have anything to do with his tournie?

Shaolinlueb
02-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jhapa
didn't he give up his monk status and get married and now have a son.

correct, he doesnt go by his monk name. he married a white women and has a cute kid that was funny. but that doesnt have anything really to do with the tounry either.

Jhapa
02-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
What does that have anything to do with his tournie?

nothing.

checked out his website and school fee is very reasonable.

Pk_StyLeZ
02-03-2005, 02:42 PM
i been good
busy with school and work
need to start back training agian..really out of shape
i do lin huan chang one time and im on the ground breathing and huffing and puffing..hahaha lolz
how bout u adam?read ur article..nice...u ever posted ur pictures on the internet anywhere?

oasis
02-03-2005, 04:33 PM
pk,
did u mean lian huan quan? after lian huan quan i like practicing BA BU lian huan quan :cool:

yes, adam, your article was very interesting. you did not leave us hanging like gene did when it came to the kung fu part of the journey ;)

back on topic...that is great if lipeng is organizing another shaolin tournament after working hard on it last year. hopefully there will be a larger turn out this year. i still probably wont be able to make it because i'll be preparing for medical boards!

Pk_StyLeZ
02-03-2005, 06:53 PM
umm...lin lian lin lian..i don tknow?is there a difference?
i dont know how to spell chinese
and i jus know it sound like lin huan chang
=)

oasis
02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
there definitely could be, and i'm sure 'lin' is a different word...as a matter fact, lin means forest (shao-LIN) ;)
lian huan means linked or continuous, and that's the proper spelling in mandarin. quan is pronounced 'chwan" but when u use chang u made it look like zhang ("palm") instead of quan "fist"!
so to recap, it's lian huan quan "linked fist"

got that :p

do you know if ba bu (8 step) lian huan quan is practiced at your school?

Pk_StyLeZ
02-03-2005, 07:25 PM
dude there is no correct way to spell chinese
chinese is written with some weird funky characters
not with english abcs okie

no we do not practice ba bu LIAN HAUN

Shaolinlueb
02-03-2005, 10:10 PM
thanks guiys. i acutally left a lot out. i could have easily made it double in length. with the training and such.
and PK i posted link man...... sheit make me dig that up again.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/apexiteg/my_photos

oasis, i need to practice lohan again and i got halfway through tongbie, im learning it really slowly! :X its like something i learn when my sihing shows up.

Pk_StyLeZ
02-04-2005, 11:27 AM
lolz sorry adam
i havnt really been keepin up wit da board much latly
too much stuff going on
gonna go look at da pix now

Shaolinlueb
02-05-2005, 12:37 AM
**** nukka, about **** time you look at em.

GeneChing
02-07-2005, 10:41 AM
you did not leave us hanging like gene did when it came to the kung fu part of the journey Well, I say from the onset that I didn't train, so whaddya want? ;) Besides, it's a chapter story, my first attempt at such a thing, so I'm supposed to leave you hanging. You can look forward to chapter two, which will be up this week hopefully.

I do hope Zhang Lipeng does his event again (and I hope he invites me again too). I had a blast last year. I think we all did. If only we can work it out so we can party together after, that would be even more fun.

Pk_StyLeZ
02-07-2005, 06:24 PM
yes we can have an after party....hosted by gene..=D

Shaolinlueb
02-07-2005, 07:13 PM
yes we can have an after party....hosted by gene..=D

well gene. if there isnt a party i can take you, me, mark, deiter, and the spaz_dragon out for beers after. my treat ;)

GeneChing
02-08-2005, 10:36 AM
That's what we like to hear - true Shaolin brotherhood!! :D

norther practitioner
02-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Can I trade in my lanyard for a beer?:D

Shaolinlueb
02-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
That's what we like to hear - true Shaolin brotherhood!! :D

:D no problem. shaolin brotherhood. :D wait are spaz and pk even old enough to drink? aw heck they can have soda.

Pk_StyLeZ
02-08-2005, 04:09 PM
hahahaha darn u found out im ot old enuff.....i want some beer too!!!

GeneChing
02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Shaolin cannot be contributing to the delinquency of minors. How 'bout a nice root beer?

Pk_StyLeZ
02-09-2005, 05:58 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
sure
i get an empty bottle of root beer and u guys can pour beer into it and i close my eye and never know wwat u guys did...and think i am drinkin root beer..=D =D
lolz...

Shaolinlueb
02-09-2005, 09:57 PM
well, gene... if they dont ask for ID then its technically not our fault right?

norther practitioner
02-10-2005, 08:53 PM
still your fault... either way

Pk_StyLeZ
02-10-2005, 08:56 PM
negative!
only his fault if he hands me the beer
but isnt his fault if i order and they dont card me
=)
or i can order...and...u and gene turn ur heads
and i grab the beer and chug it
=D =D
lolz okie im makin my self look like i am an underage alcoholic..im not...
=) okie

norther practitioner
02-10-2005, 09:11 PM
no worries, most of us have been there before.

Starchaser107
02-10-2005, 09:12 PM
except me.

norther practitioner
02-10-2005, 09:14 PM
yeah, well it's not my fault that all you needed to do in Xamaica is put money on the counter and they handed you some rum.

Starchaser107
02-10-2005, 09:18 PM
hmnph, nothing to brag about either. a classmate of mine totally destroyed his rsx wednesday morning coming home drunk from a party racing. . luckily he's alive , but the car is unsalvagable. dude survived with a few scrapes on his face. he so lucky..but stupid. incidentally he's not 21. go figure.

norther practitioner
02-10-2005, 09:21 PM
****, that sucks. Aye, lucky indeed.

Shaolinlueb
02-11-2005, 08:17 AM
aww PK lets get wasted in hotel room before competition so we can do all our stuff drunken style ;) :P. jk

well all we have to do is find chinese resteraunt man. ;)

GeneChing
02-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Check out what a leading drunken stylist has to say about kids doing drunken style. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=568)

Shaolinlueb
02-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Check out what a leading drunken stylist has to say about kids doing drunken style. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=568)

bah i read that. he's a "modern" athlete, what does he know about real drunken style. :o jk.

plus its only illegal if we get caught. :o

Starchaser107
02-11-2005, 02:35 PM
illegal is one thing. safety is another.
minors have far too many psychological and mental issues bombarding them to compound the situation by inebriating themselves. moderation and regulation are good things. It's not about making unnecessary criminals out of anyone.

norther practitioner
02-11-2005, 03:19 PM
This is coming from a kid who started when he was 13... I'd pay credence to dat.

Pk_StyLeZ
02-11-2005, 09:10 PM
im a responisible person..trust me..i know when i can drive and when i cant
=)
i never let anyone drive my car..only 3 ppl has driven my car..three!! beside my dad and my brother.
but 3 non family..only 3 non family driven my car..i let no one drive my car..i love my car..lolz
but yeah i had a lil..jus a lil too much..=D and i knew i couldnt drive..so i let my friend drive...see im responisble..=)
ok let go bak on topic to li peng comptition..not drinking..lolz...

Shaolinlueb
02-11-2005, 11:14 PM
im a responisible person..trust me..i know when i can drive and when i cant
=)
i never let anyone drive my car..only 3 ppl has driven my car..three!! beside my dad and my brother.
but 3 non family..only 3 non family driven my car..i let no one drive my car..i love my car..lolz
but yeah i had a lil..jus a lil too much..=D and i knew i couldnt drive..so i let my friend drive...see im responisble..=)
ok let go bak on topic to li peng comptition..not drinking..lolz...

oooh i was gonna have way too much :( :D :o. um yeah any new info on the competition?

MeatTosser
02-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Haha, ****, that would be pretty tight if there's another LiPeng Tourney. All I gotta do is get another 450 bucks (approx.), for another kickass drive from Westmorland, California to San Diego, CA, then a kickass 3,000 mile flight from there to JFK International Airport. Hey PkStylez, you gonna stay in the same hotel as last time? Haha, that one was pretty tight, it was close to Burger King (convinient for fast food fiends lol), complimentary Breakfast, phone and TV in rooms, way better than the crap room I had booked (Military-style bunkbed, an out-of-place sink in the room, and one restroom down the hallway that 10 other rooms shared, with no available toilet paper). ****in' hilarious man.:D
Besides I gotta be there to party with you guys, ya gotta have at least one Mexican partying there, hahaha.:cool:

Pk_StyLeZ
02-14-2005, 06:38 PM
i met u before meattosser/?i dont quite remember..hmmm
same hotel as last time?..well it all depends where the competition is..if it in the same location..then we might pick one of those other better name brand hotels..they were about the same price..cause we had a friend who stayyed at one of those hotels and it was the same price but a little bit more cleaner so yeah..=)

Shaolinlueb
02-14-2005, 08:44 PM
i met u before meattosser/?i dont quite remember..hmmm
same hotel as last time?..well it all depends where the competition is..if it in the same location..then we might pick one of those other better name brand hotels..they were about the same price..cause we had a friend who stayyed at one of those hotels and it was the same price but a little bit more cleaner so yeah..=)

dude, when you walked into the holland tunnel hotel there were two layers of bullet proof glass. come on, that place rocked hard!!!!

MeatTosser
02-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Shaolinlueb said:
dude, when you walked into the holland tunnel hotel there were two layers of bullet proof glass. come on, that place rocked hard!!!!

Yeah, that's what it was called, right? Holland Tunnel Hotel. Pretty nice place. Like I said, WAY better than the garbage I booked, heh heh. I give much respect and thanks to Tommy, Josh, and Mike (MichaelWalter77), since they were nice enough to share their room with me. :cool: So luckily, I didn't have to stay at the crappy ass hotel room I booked, heh heh.

Pk_StyLeZ said:
met u before meattosser/?i dont quite remember..

Hey, what's up man, yeah, it's me Damian; we didn't really talk or nothing, we just kinda saw each other pass by and said "hello", that type if thing. If we meet up on the next tournament though, I'll make sure and teach you some Spanish, lol.:D

GeneChing
02-25-2005, 05:33 PM
I just got a call from Zhang Lipeng. He just got back from his first trip back to Shaolin in about a decade. He was shocked at the changes. I was shocked at the changes from last year to this year so I can imagine what it must be like after that long.

Anyway, we talked a lot about the tournament. He does want to hold it again since he's been getting such nice feedback from all of you. Keep it up to encourage him if you want to see another. He's looking into a location and a date - probably late July (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php?month=07&year=2005) . I reminded him about Jimmy Wong's Taiji Legacy, which would certainly affect the participation of the Houston monks, and he said he was already aware of their date and would do it just before or just after. Just like last year. He's very busy now with another project, but he seemed pretty committed to doing it again. He said he'd let me know as soon as he has something more definate.

Ready for another Shaolin summer gathering? It'd be so fun to see you all there and then again at Taiji Legacy. That was fun last year...

norther practitioner
02-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Of course it was, I was there.

Pk_StyLeZ
02-25-2005, 09:41 PM
bad news guys from me

it either taiji legacy this year for me
or shaolin li peng competition...one or the other

i cant decide which one...espchially if they both are held in july..i can only attend one...since i have work..cant really take off too many days from work u know...

and i cant decide which one to go to..sigh..i really wanna go to both....i wanna go to taiji legacy cuz it been 2-3 years since the last time i went..but i stil want to go to new jersey to help support the shaolin community..sigh...such a hard decision...

feedback from yall would be great to help me decide which one to go to
or gene help convince lipeng and push the date ****her..=)

Shaolinlueb
02-26-2005, 09:00 AM
dude taiji legacy is on a sat man. houston is close enough where you can drive ;) its only the weekend. im gonna try to make it to TJL this year too. the shaolin tournament would be fun. i have some promises to keep :o ;) :)

Pk_StyLeZ
02-26-2005, 07:19 PM
okie dude
i work on weekends too
master demonstration and opening ceremony is in the morning....so that would mean i have to get up and drive around 2 am saturday morning..and be all tired for the competition..be very pointless to compete then..cuz i be too tired from driving..so i would need to leave on friday and get alteast one good nite sleep..so i would need to take off fri and sat..i cant do that and then take off thurs fri sat and monday for li peng also..nope..too much in one month for me

MeatTosser
02-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I work a lot of weekends too man, it sucks, ha.

(Hey, by the way, how the hell do I put a custom avatar on here? I checked the avatar section, and all I could choose is either 2 pre-made avatars or not anything at all. :confused: )

Shaolinlueb
02-27-2005, 11:03 PM
okie dude
i work on weekends too
master demonstration and opening ceremony is in the morning....so that would mean i have to get up and drive around 2 am saturday morning..and be all tired for the competition..be very pointless to compete then..cuz i be too tired from driving..so i would need to leave on friday and get alteast one good nite sleep..so i would need to take off fri and sat..i cant do that and then take off thurs fri sat and monday for li peng also..nope..too much in one month for me

get a doctors note :o and take it off. he should do it in august. that wouldnt be too bad. like mid august. :D

GeneChing
02-28-2005, 11:04 AM
That's a tough call, Pk_StyLeZ. I'm not sure which I would choose if I was forced. Jimmy throws a great event - one of the biggest. Lipeng's is more select of our lineage. My work demands that I go to the bigger event, just because I have to 'show face' and all. But if I didn't work here and had to choose, I'd probably support the event that I felt needed more support, which would be Lipeng's of course, since it's smaller and more secular.

MeatTosser- I'm still getting familiar with the new admin and haven't got to the avatars yet, so I don't know how to answer your question.

MeatTosser
03-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Ha, no problem Gene, thanks anyway. :D

Shaolinlueb
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
remember cheap hotel and bar. well we can always go into NYC gene.

oh and tell me about the cardio kick boxing with the chinese girls in pink bra's. take lots of pics too :o ;) :P

Pk_StyLeZ
03-08-2005, 04:38 PM
i decided..i ama be in dallas
even though i really want to continue supporting li peng to help it get bigger..but i want to try somewhere new this year..so im going to dallas
but my school is still going to be in at li peng though..just no me..=(
o wellz gotta do wat i gotta do

norther practitioner
03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
i decided..i ama be in dallas
even though i really want to continue supporting li peng to help it get bigger..but i want to try somewhere new this year..so im going to dallas
but my school is still going to be in at li peng though..just no me..=(
o wellz gotta do wat i gotta do
Nice

see you there.

Shaolinlueb
03-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Nice

see you there.

i might see you too ;)

Starchaser107
03-08-2005, 08:58 PM
see you all :cool: if my broke @ss can afford it.

Starchaser107
03-08-2005, 09:02 PM
For some reason or the other not alot of eagle claw people were at Legacy lst year, but there was a ton of us at Scrima's in July... I guess there's no way of knowing.
My sifu hasn't decided wether or not to take the school to florida to compete this time around and texas is iffy cause it's more expensive. If anything there'll probably be a few rogue students here and there.
I'd want to check out lipeng but, that's not gonna happen this year.

norther practitioner
03-09-2005, 09:36 AM
There were more there 2 years ago.

Starchaser107
03-09-2005, 09:55 AM
well, I could tell that from team evergreens site I think they mention doing good at taiji legacy that year,i think it was them,but I wonder why gini lau laoushi only had a few students there,this tournament thing can get quite costly especially if you're coming from overseas and out of state.
Hey np it would be good to get a bunch of your classmates more active in the circuit.

norther practitioner
03-09-2005, 11:10 AM
I think four or five are going to kc this year.. maybe a few will go to taiji legacy as well.

Starchaser107
03-09-2005, 02:59 PM
all the best
to you guys

norther practitioner
03-09-2005, 04:55 PM
all the best
to you guys

Thanks!

hope I have a similar medal count to last year... :D

xiao
03-19-2005, 04:31 AM
hey,

here's more info for the competition...

Saturday, July 9th
from 9:00AM to 4:00pm.

Address :
561 Springfield Avenue Summit NJ

For more info: please contact 862-220-1382 or Site (www.americaneuropeanshaolin.com)

bye

Pk_StyLeZ
03-20-2005, 08:45 PM
hey xiao!

will u be at li peng this summer??i cant..cant make it...sucks..=(..but i be in dallas for taiji legacy...come over to texas after li peng and have fun wit us there..=D =D

GeneChing
03-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Lipeng told me he was looking at that date. He said he was planning something smaller this year, so we'll see how it goes. Unfortunately it may be too small for me to attend. Due to policy, I'm only permitted to cover events that meet certain requirements - it's a business thing, something we require of all events that we cover, so in all fairness, I can't have other promoters crying 'foul'. That would be a conflict of interest.

We'll see...

MeatTosser
03-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I think it'd be good if LiPeng added some Full Contact Fighting to the tournament this year. :cool:

GeneChing
03-21-2005, 02:37 PM
...he's looking at this like a tournament mainly for his students this time. If other Shaolin practitioners wish to participate, he welcomes them, but it's beginning to sound more like an internal school thing focused mainly on NY and NJ students.

xiao
03-22-2005, 09:47 AM
hey Pk_StyLeZ...thxs for the invitation but I'm not sure if i can make it this year...I hope so...but even than travelling from europe to NY and afterwards to dallas...anyone want to sponsor :D

Anyway..take care and have fun over there :)

Pk_StyLeZ
03-22-2005, 02:32 PM
hehehe come to houston while u at it if u go to dallas..only bout a 4-6 hr drive..=)

oasis
08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
sorry if i'm late....but did it happen? and who went?

oasis
04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
did it ever happen?

PangQuan
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
who, what, where, when?

Pk_StyLeZ
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
wow two years later.....
was this his first tournament or the 2nd one?

oasis
04-04-2007, 04:14 PM
was asking if the 2nd one took place

GeneChing
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I didn't think there was a 2006. Isn't Lipeng focused on his film project now?

oasis
04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
that's what i was asking about. just wanted to know how it fared compared to the first one since no one commented on it