PDA

View Full Version : who do you think would iwn in a fight?

Strangler
02-02-2005, 08:43 PM
a bagua or a praying mantis practitioner of the same number of years and itnensity?

count
02-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Since I do a bit of both I can tell you for sure, it's about the right tool for the right job.

Does it matter? What kind of fight are you talking about? The same number of years, how many years? Never mind, it was a dumb question.:p

Strangler
02-02-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm just curious because both styles seem interesting to learn and emphasize on good footwork and fast hands. Lets say they train same way same number of hours, for 3 years. I am basically asking which style is more effective for fighting?

Brad
02-02-2005, 08:53 PM
You're a pretty weak troll, Strangler :p

Strangler
02-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Also how does baji/pikua compare to the big 3? Would it stand up well? How bout baji vs hsingyi? How bout waterboxing vs yi quan? These are all questions I'd like to hear awnsers to. There are just too many styles to learn so one should pick the most effective ones in the shortest ammount of time possible.

scholar
02-02-2005, 08:58 PM
If you want to have the best fighting style, buy a gun.

:rolleyes:

count
02-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Bagua! Does that answer your question?

Brad
02-02-2005, 09:48 PM
No, I think you mean "Bagwa" (http://www.martialartstrainingcenter.com/bagwa.php)!

:D

count
02-02-2005, 10:16 PM
No, I meant pa kua (http://www.pakua.org/about.htm):rolleyes:

Brad
02-02-2005, 10:22 PM
I can't wait to see the Pa Kua double "nuntchak" form :D

Brad
02-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Description of a "Pakua Jian":

Made of aluminum, the Pakua Jian is a telescopic sword, which once folded fits in its own handle.

:D :D :D

count
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Pakua Do (http://www.shaolin-do.com/masters/index.shtml)

Buddy
02-03-2005, 06:21 AM
What about if superman knew baji and Batman knew pigua?

Tai Chi Shawn
02-03-2005, 06:45 AM
I would Win.

Tai Chi Shawn
02-03-2005, 06:51 AM
ok, sorry. I was being a jerk :)

On another forum, we recently debated a similar subject. We concluded that "style vs. style" is a pointless topic to try and resolve. Its like saying "what's the best colour?"

Tai Chi is the best ... but not for everyone
Bagua is the best ... but not for everyone
Karate is the best ... but not for everyone
Mantis the best ... repeat pattern, substitute any art. the equation holds up

Its not the art, its the artist. What "style" wins? The answer is none. What Martial Artist wins? Totally different question.

shawn

count
02-03-2005, 07:10 AM
If Superman knew Baji he would be unbeatable even against Batman's piqua. But Batman had Robin to watch his back, not to mention the arsonal of weapons in that utility belt. After all, Robin even owned Kato when the dynamic duo fought the Green Hornet, and Kato knew Jeet Kun Do. So it's possible for Superman to get *****-slapped by a Piqua fighter, but if Superman was in the Li Shuwen lineage, he would have a blend of piqua with his baji. All other lineage's are fake. :p

LeoV
02-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Tai Chi Shawn
[B]...."what's the best colour?"

Black is the best color.

Bagua Black.

count
02-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Say, does anyone know if Superman needed that cape to fly? And what's the deal with Batmans cape? They even called him the caped crusader. But he couldn't fly. Was it just some kind of Super-Hero fashion trend? :rolleyes:

count
02-03-2005, 07:44 AM
And what's up with that stupid mask Batman wore? All Clark Kent did was take off his glasses and nobody recognized him.:cool:

Palmer
02-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Green Lantern with John Wongs demon ring would own both of them :p

Three Harmonies
02-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Style is pointless mental masturbation. Ultimately their are only so many ways to break an arm, punch a head, and kick the peaches. What it all boils down too is the right teacher. If you have a knowledgable, open teacher then the sky is the limit. Even a TKD guy well trained by a qualified teacher can kick (no pu...well....) the crap out of a poorly trained Baji stylist, or Bagua player.
Just my cents, if it is worth anything.

Cheers
Jake :D

Chief Fox
02-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by count
Say, does anyone know if Superman needed that cape to fly? And what's the deal with Batmans cape? They even called him the caped crusader. But he couldn't fly. Was it just some kind of Super-Hero fashion trend? :rolleyes:

Superman's cape was his baby blanket. He wore it to honor his family and home planet.

Batman's cape assists him in gliding through the air. He also secretly wants to be like superman.

The reason no one recognized superman is because Clark Kent was such a **** it was impossible for such a **** to be superman.

Batman wore a mask because it helped him scare the crap out of people because he looked like a giant bat.

Many people are members of the Green Lantern Corp. It takes a certain kind of person to be in the corp but it's the ring that has all the power.:D

Palmer
02-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Chief Fox

Many people are members of the Green Lantern Corp. It takes a certain kind of person to be in the corp but it's the ring that has all the power.:D

Yes my knowledge base strictly comes from saterday morning cartoons as a kid in which one green lantern was showcased. You certainly seem to draw upon a greater knowledgebase :D

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/fox/the_simpsons/hank_azaria/char_comicbook.jpg

Chief Fox
02-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Palmer
Yes my knowledge base strictly comes from saterday morning cartoons as a kid in which one green lantern was showcased. You certainly seem to draw upon a greater knowledgebase :D

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/fox/the_simpsons/hank_azaria/char_comicbook.jpg

I never really thought of myself as a comic book geek but after re-reading my last post I'm not so sure. :eek:

Repulsive Monkey
02-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Answer - Who ever overcomes the other.

Brad
02-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Green Lantern with John Wongs demon ring would own both of them
That demon ring is bad@ss :cool: