PDA

View Full Version : evander holyfield's training regiman

SevenStar
02-03-2005, 12:51 PM
check this out. This is a link to holyfield's regimen while training for the douglass fight:

http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

MasterKiller
02-03-2005, 01:15 PM
I could have sworn you posted this same article like 2 years ago.

Pork Chop
02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Nice

I really think we've come a long way as far as interval training: scrapper's, tabata, etc; lifting: oly lifts, big movements; and apparatii such as kettlebells.

Using the new stuff, with that structure, I think it'd be possible to come up with a professional level program with different exercises.

norther practitioner
02-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I swore I saw that about 8 months ago.

SevenStar
02-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
I could have sworn you posted this same article like 2 years ago.

I don't recall, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. My guess though is that it was some other fighter's regimen. I've posted lion's den training before and also some others.

red5angel
02-03-2005, 02:13 PM
I could take evander holyfield. I'd just take him to the ground and it' would be all over.

norther practitioner
02-03-2005, 02:17 PM
why do I have this mental picture of a short white dude on evanders back trying to take him down...:eek: :D

red5angel
02-03-2005, 02:19 PM
I didn't say you could take him NP, I said I could take him. I'm a huge black jewish dude. Oh wait, I guess that is you!

MoreMisfortune
02-03-2005, 08:24 PM
not really related, but flashback wise too

in the early Street Fighter 2 there was a perfect strategy to defeat the games AI of Zangeif.
i learned this from some other dudes
at some point virtually everyone knew the trick and did it, and it could be done with most of the charactors
when the fight was against Zangief, we'd just laugh
on later versions sure they improved Zangief and most importantly the AI, but back in the day it was like this:

round 1 - fight starts
jump
kick when falling from jump
repeat
knockout

round 2 - fight starts
repeat round 1
knockout

you win

I liked to play mostly with Blanka, but due to influence this of this 2 older kids from the apartament above ours at the beach me and bro learned the skills of Ryu and Ken, making those our main choices. Those 2 kids were really good, in fact they were the very best players ive known for years. They were also great with Neo Geo fighting games such as Art of Fighting then.
And they insited in leaving their initials on them arcade machines at the very top score writting down *****.
Today id probably beat em though

FngSaiYuk
02-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
I liked to play mostly with Blanka, but due to influence this of this 2 older kids from the apartament above ours at the beach me and bro learned the skills of Ryu and Ken, making those our main choices. Those 2 kids were really good, in fact they were the very best players ive known for years.
Jeez... EVERYONE played Ryu & Ken... but the baddest char was Zangief. He could suck you in and jumping spin slam you on your head from half the screen away! AND through dragon punches!

Strangler
02-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
I don't recall, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. My guess though is that it was some other fighter's regimen. I've posted lion's den training before and also some others.

what are you trying to prove toughguy? (joking).

Strangler
02-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
I could take evander holyfield. I'd just take him to the ground and it' would be all over.

You should practise on butterflies first.

MoreMisfortune
02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
i almost read "all over" as "a lover"

Fng, ill face your Zangief anytime, tovarish
Ill even use a woman (Chun-li) to beat ya

Kristoffer
02-04-2005, 07:47 AM
My Super Nintendo Street Fighter 2 skillz was unmatchable. I could even hold my own with Dhalsim

red5angel
02-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Jeez... EVERYONE played Ryu & Ken

Actualy I played Guile almost exclusively. His hair rocked!!!