PDA

View Full Version : New member

EBMAS-AK
02-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Hello All,
I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Alan Kelley from Fairbanks, Alaska. I have been studying WT with Si-Emin Boztepe since 1993. I am currently the coordinator for the State of Alaska. There have been some really great conversations on here and I hope to contibute in the future.

EBMAS-AK
02-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Sorry thats Si-Fu Emin Boztepe

AndrewS
02-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey Alan,

welcome to KFO. Despite all the noise (on-going flame wars- anything about HFY, 'sparring'/mma based training vs. the nebulous theoretical training, why the ground is/isn't wing chun), some good info from some good people gets posted here.

Check out the Wing Chun on the Ground thread I started a while ago- it's got some nice technical details.

Later,

Andrew

P.S. Yes, it's me.
P.P.S. Are you gonna be in Vegas?

RedJunkRebel
02-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the forum, Alan. There are all kinds of people here from many different families, perspectives and trainings. Glad to have you!

Phil Redmond
02-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Welcome.
I've received email for someone in Alaska looking for a school. Can you post some contact info here so I can pass it on to him?
PR

sihing
02-06-2005, 09:21 PM
I talked to someone on the phone from Alaska (40 miles north of Anchorage I believe) just 3 weeks ago. He's going to be starting a correspondance course with us, and was very appreciative of the information we were able to provide and willingness to do so, something he found lacking everywhere he looked.

James

EBMAS-AK
02-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Phil,
We have three schools here in Alaska, one in Anchorage, one in Fairbanks and one in Wasilla. The school in Wasilla is about 40 miles north of Anchorage. Have that person email me at interiorwingtsun@hotmail.com for contact info.
Alan

Phil Redmond
02-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Alan, James, it might be the same guy. I'll pass on the email address anyway just in case it isn't the same person. Thanks
Phil