PDA

View Full Version : dit da jow reviews.

gwa sow
02-08-2005, 09:26 PM
i got some jow from ancientway.com about a year ago. they sell it as a whole mixture pre-ground or not. i got it pre-ground and had it in vodka for 10 months. it had two ways to make it. the way with vodka and another way. put the herbs in water and boil(10 minutes i think, forgot) and then m ix with everclear. ready in two weeks or so. the vodka way worked better. used several times; bruises, dislocated toe and regular training mishaps. happy with it so far. anyone else have any good jows they have made or bought?

IronFist
02-08-2005, 10:51 PM
I like Arniflora Arnica gel. I got much better results with it for bruise removal than I did with Wing Lam's jow.

Vodka worked better than Everclear? I would think the stronger alcohol would work better. Maybe not. I don't know.

Ming Yue
02-09-2005, 07:04 AM
The cheaper the vodka the better, in my experience. Everclear evaporates too fast and is very drying.

I found this site but haven't purchased herbs or jow from them, I make my own jow and have a TCM herb source in my town.

http://www.ditdajows.com

:)
C

gwa sow
02-09-2005, 08:56 AM
i tried wing lams jow also and wasn't to impressed. the jow i got makes 1 gallon, only thing is you gotta wait 6 or more months.

Arniflora Arnica gel,...hmmmm never heard of it. i'll have to look into that.

Ming Yue
02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Arniflora > my bruises.

they're almost gone.

Toby
02-09-2005, 05:48 PM
I've only ever used Zheng Gu Shui. Mainly because I get it from a local Chinese supermarket. No complaints from me.