PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen the masters and the combat buttefly knives on wle.com?

Vankuen
10-21-2001, 12:19 AM
I was thinking of getting some professionally made baat cham do.

I saw the ones made of surgical steel on wing lam's site and a couple others, and was just wondering your take on them. Are they worth the money? One is around 1100 dollars...the other...around 500. I was thinking of getting the one that was 500. They are supposedly made of 440 surgical steel, and sharpened to a razor edge, made for the "rigors of actual combat".

Has anyone here seen the actual blades? Or know if the quality is as good as whats being advertised? Thanks.

"From one thing know ten thousand" - Miyomato Musashi, Book of five rings

Watchman
10-21-2001, 12:47 AM
Masters Butterfly Sword

http://www.wle.com/media/W104C.jpg

Combat Butterfly Swords

http://www.wle.com/media/W104.jpg

Vankuen
10-21-2001, 11:18 PM
But I already knew what they looked like my friend...I was wondering if anyone had actually seen one up close and actually been able to handle it.

But thanks for posting the pics....I always like to look at them! lol

Watchman
10-21-2001, 11:50 PM
I was actually posting the pics for everyone else, hoping you would get a quicker response that way.

I'm also curious if anyone has handled them.

Vankuen
10-22-2001, 02:12 AM
This guy said that wing lam's custom made weapons such as these blades, are the nicest weapons he's ever held. (He had previously bought a gim)

So since I really really wanted them, I decided to go ahead and splurge. I'll let you guys know how they are when I receive them.

Phil Redmond
10-22-2001, 08:34 AM
I've been drooling over thoses knives for days. My only concern is, they might be Woo Dip Do (Southern Shaolin Butterfly knives), not Baat Jam Do.
Phil

Slayer
10-22-2001, 08:40 AM
I don't think those are Bart Jam Do knifes.

Watchman
10-22-2001, 09:12 AM
but they're still cool.