PDA

View Full Version : Bad Food Awards

Ming Yue
02-09-2005, 09:07 AM
from some random fitness site....

the Bigger Ain't Better award...

Hardee's new Monster Thickburger boasted TWO 1/3-pound slabs of Angus beef, FOUR strips of bacon, THREE slices of American cheese and some mayonnaise -- all on a buttered, toasted, sesame seed bun.

1,420 calories and 107 grams of fat.

The Don't Try This At Home award...

the Fat Darrell -- chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and french fries on a really really big bun. Voted best new sandwich by Maxim magazine, the Fat Darrell is named after its creator Darrell Butler, a physical trainer and aspiring actor.

1,180 calories and 88 grams of fat.

The Good Mourning award...

The Carl's Jr. chain for its "coffee shop breakfast on a bun" creation. The Breakfast Burger features a fried egg, crisp bacon, hash brown nuggets, cheese, ketchup and a charbroiled all-beef patty on a sesame-seed bun.

830 calories, 46 grams of fat, 275mg of cholesterol, 1570mg sodium

The Torpedo your Diet award...

Goes to Schlotzsky's for its Large Original offering. This overstuffed submarine is enough to send Jared scrambling for his fat pants.

1,398 calories, 58 grams of fat and a grab your large soda cuz this baby is gonna parch ya - 4,592 milligrams of sodium.

The Cancel That Order award...

McDonald's and its decision to scrap its much-maligned supersize menu option.

News reports noted the hamburger giant started phasing out its trademark supersize fries and drinks in its U.S. restaurants last March. The decision supposedly had to do with simplifying its menu... Umm, sure. The documentary "Supersize Me" premiered at Sundance last January. Less than two months later, McDonalds announced that it would no longer sell any of their menu items in "Super Size", although they officially deny that this move was in reaction to the film.

I know it's bad, but I bet the Fat Darrell is deeeelicious.

:D

Metal Mantis
02-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Tainan gave me the book "Fast Food Nation" over the summer by Eric Schlosser (believe that is the spelling). I must say it was full of great information about how the industry has had an effect on "shaping" America, hehehe.... I must say it reaffirmed my choice of a mainly vegetarian diet... Not only for my health but not to directly support such industries... To each their own..... But I will take a TLT (tofu lettuce tomato) over any of those choices any day of the week...... Peace.......

red5angel
02-09-2005, 09:50 AM
I actually had the monster burger not too long ago. What can I say, it was challenging my manhood.

Ming Yue
02-09-2005, 09:57 AM
If you haven't seen "supersize me" yet, you gotta.

red5angel
02-09-2005, 10:00 AM
seen it. I rarely indulge in fast food like that. Occasionally I hit taco bell or Mcd's. In this case I was at an all day event and the nearest place to get something to eat was Hardee's. We were all standing around talking and I decided to find out if it was worth the calories. If it makes you feel better I had a Diet Coke and no fries :D

red5angel
02-09-2005, 10:04 AM
If you haven't seen "supersize me" yet, you gotta.

you just can't say anything without sounding like a sexpot can you ;)

Ming Yue
02-09-2005, 10:31 AM
seen it. I rarely indulge in fast food like that. Occasionally I hit taco bell or Mcd's. In this case I was at an all day event and the nearest place to get something to eat was Hardee's. We were all standing around talking and I decided to find out if it was worth the calories. If it makes you feel better I had a Diet Coke and no fries :D

hey, I'm not preachin'.. just sayin'. Don't get all defensive. ;)

you just can't say anything without sounding like a sexpot can you

apparently not.

:D

MasterKiller
02-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Metal Mantis
Tainan gave me the book "Fast Food Nation" over the summer by Eric Schlosser (believe that is the spelling). I must say it was full of great information about how the industry has had an effect on "shaping" America, hehehe.... I must say it reaffirmed my choice of a mainly vegetarian diet... Not only for my health but not to directly support such industries... To each their own..... But I will take a TLT (tofu lettuce tomato) over any of those choices any day of the week...... Peace....... I read that book after watching Supersize Me. I'll never eat processed meat again.

BTW, if you get the Supersize Me DVD, be sure to watch the extra footage of the Mcdonald's french fries that never decay. Imagine what they do to your intestines.:(

red5angel
02-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Imagine what they do to your intestines.

my guess is pass through them and come out the other end? ;)

MasterKiller
02-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
my guess is pass through them and come out the other end? ;) Or mummify them with all the preservatives...

red5angel
02-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm ok with mummification. Afterall, our great great grandchildren will be able to put us back together with the remains of what they can find, and while you organic eatin' suckas are all turnjed to dust, I'll still be hot as hell and ready to rock when they put me through The Machine (tm)

Ming Yue
02-09-2005, 02:13 PM
your intestine is tougher than anything. People eat all kinds of random non-food stuff and pass it. The issue with that kind of food is there is almost no nutrition, so you have to "process" all that useless matter just so your body can leach out the chemicals and fats. And salty evil deliciousness.

red5angel
02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
And salty evil deliciousness.

now I think your just taunting me :D

Toby
02-09-2005, 05:33 PM
The monster thickburger sounds goooood. How come Iron's favourite Hungry Man dinners didn't make the list?

Merryprankster
02-10-2005, 01:40 PM
There's a website somewhere where a guy does the same thing as the fellow in supersize me.

Except, he exercised.

Oddly, it he didn't experience the same health problems. I'm not claiming it's good for you, and neither was he. But shockingly, if you eat a ****load of calories and sit around, your body doesn't appreciate it.