PDA

View Full Version : OT: How you know TV has really gone down hill

red5angel
02-09-2005, 10:08 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1408237,00.html

TonyM.
02-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I dunno. sounds more interesting than My Mother the Car. Can't imagine the drugs they took to come up with that one. Perhaps for the guantanamo show they were freebasing preparation H.

PangQuan
02-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Hearing stuff like that makes me glad i gave up tv years ago.

wdl
02-09-2005, 12:22 PM
That show would have some entertainment value if the volunteers were well known hollywood celebs like: Ashton Crutcher, Leo Decaprio, etc.

-Will

@PLUGO
02-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Television is the ultimate medium, it is neither very rare nor very good.

Ming Yue
02-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TonyM.
Perhaps for the guantanamo show they were freebasing preparation H.

I read Red's link, got all kinds of huffy, started to post something scathing about the median IQ of television producers, then read Tony's post and all that laughing completely defused my indignation.

****** TonyM, stop defusing my indignation!

:cool:

FuXnDajenariht
02-09-2005, 09:21 PM
art used as a form of protest. like documentaries or music. its not anything new. what im surprised about is the fact that a major tv network had the balls to put it out there. but then again its not in America.

the reality/game show format will take away from the message somewhat. cheapen the effects. but i would be interested in seeing the results. watching actual people is more real than reading impersonal news articles. harder to be indifferent about what you see with your own eyes.

it is after all just paralleling what is actually going on. prisoners locked away for years without trial or legal counsel is wrong no matter how you look at it. anyway to bring awareness is welcome in my opinion.

Mr Punch
02-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much with FuX, don't see it as a problem, though it does seem a bit crass it depends on how they do it. Since they have Clive Stafford Smith doing a piece can't be all bad, or even too dumbed down.

ShaolinJOJO
02-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Basically everything on Tv suck it really has no point anymore.