PDA

View Full Version : Just Hit the Wall

Water Dragon
02-10-2005, 01:42 PM
My body just shut down on me about 1/2 hour ago. Out of nowhere. I just got extremely tired, my head started pounding, and I can't think straight.

I've been going too hard lately, and I knew this was coming. It's funny how your body let's you know you need a break. Oh well, I'll take a lazy weekend and should be good by Monday.

Fred Sanford
02-10-2005, 01:53 PM
try eating more food. Carbs.

Chief Fox
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
This happened to me last summer. A weekend of laying around and eating nothing but junk food took care of it. I probably could've eaten healthy food but I went with the junk food option. :D

Water Dragon
02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Fred Sanford
try eating more food. Carbs.

$hit, I'm the pasta king. I've just been training too hard w/ not enough sleep. Bad combination.

You still coming down w/ Joe? My coach is fighting that night. We get the gym to ourselves all day.

Fred Sanford
02-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Ok then get more sleep. :D

Yea man, I'm still planning on it. Should be a good time getting beat down all day :cool: . Haven't been back to the Chicago area since I moved away 3+ years ago.

Pork Chop
02-10-2005, 02:33 PM
I wanna vouch for the power fo sleep deprivation....
If i get any less than 7 or 8 hours, I totally fall out... at 7 to 8 I'm still struggling a bit...8 to 9 feels about the best.

red5angel
02-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I sleep, long and hard when that happens. If it's on a weekday I go in to work late and sleep an hour or two more then usual. On a weekend I sleep until I can't sleep no more!

Ming Yue
02-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm a big believer in the power nap. I can grab 20 minutes of sleep and feel completely refreshed.

PangQuan
02-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Dito on the power nap. It can be a life saver. I like to try and get one in before a workout.

mickey
02-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Water Dragon,

Safeguard yourself. It could be the flu. I had the same symptoms going into it. I got it on the 17th of January and I am still trying to pull myself together. I have only started to walk my normal speed in the last 48 hours.

Concerned,

mickey

MoreMisfortune
02-10-2005, 09:06 PM
i thought this was a wall hitting thread
i used to do that a lot
specially when i got frustrated
id throw weak punches at the wall for quite some time then after a while id have cuts on my knucles
made me feel a just a little slightly better
but also made me feel odd on the next few days in class wondering if anyone seen my cool knucles and wonders how i made those cuts
i never got asked though

i only ever got asked funny enough this one i time i burned my nose (from the sun) and then they asked me if i got wounded in a fight
:rolleyes:

SevenStar
02-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
My body just shut down on me about 1/2 hour ago. Out of nowhere. I just got extremely tired, my head started pounding, and I can't think straight.

I've been going too hard lately, and I knew this was coming. It's funny how your body let's you know you need a break. Oh well, I'll take a lazy weekend and should be good by Monday.

didn't that happen a couple years ago too? what did you do to remedy it last time?

Royal Dragon
02-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Two words

RAW VEGITABLES!!!!

Seriously, when I used to push hard, I trained to this point vertually every time I worked out.

Then I discovered the power of Raw Veggies.

Of course it then just took longer to get to that point but.....

Are you getting the pounding head ache (the one a whole bottle of aspirine won't cure?), and the slight nausious feeling like you want to throw up too?

I sugjest you forget the Pasta. Although it has lots of carbs, it is deviod of nutritional content.

Eat the most nutritionally dense foods first, ie raw fruites and vegitables. Then after you train eat lots of meat. Mix it up, steaks, chicken, fish.

Then back off the intensity just a tad. You should be able to feel that shut down comming on before hand. Pay attention to how your head feels, look for tiny stars in your vision, and a slight rumbly in ur tummy. If you see that comming, back of and do some light qi gong till it passes, or light stretching.

Toby
02-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
I sugjest you forget the Pasta. Although it has lots of carbs, it is deviod of nutritional content.What's carbohydrates if not nutritional content? :confused:

I like to make my own pasta. Wholemeal plain flour, 0% milk and an egg. Easy, but a bit messy to mix. Sticks like glue to your hands.

IronFist
02-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Toby, you should try frozen dinners. Maybe you guys don't have the gourmet frozen stuff we have up here in the states :D

Toby
02-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I think they're banned in Oz. :D

rubthebuddha
02-16-2005, 11:42 PM
ozzies are smArter. the idea of a label that says "2 pounds of food" but makes no claim to "2 pounds of digestable, nutritious and/or non-toxic food" scares 'em. :D

Oso
02-17-2005, 08:12 AM
That happened to me tuesday night. Right at 6:20 I just crashed.

Probably food oriented as I started the day w/ no food till 11:45 due to a crisis at work.

but ****, it was tough to teach class for another 2 hours.

could also be that this is the second week of my expanded school hours. I now have classes 6 days a week.

I'm getting great sleep these days though so that's good.