PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia?

MantisFistMonk
02-10-2005, 10:23 PM
I am sorry for the short thread and lack of personal participation etc...

I was thinking, since I am rather uneducated and unprepared to take on such a task, I think it would be great if you guys were to put together an entry for Wikipedia on Mantis boxing?

Of course it does not have to be done, and I am almost one hardly to talk since I won't really be participating in this other then throwing the idea out there.

But I think it would be a great idea to help take shape. I was running through resources on the website, and decided to look for mantis information. Nothing came up and I thought "The guys over at KFM probably already have enough info typed up to do this and to do it well, who better?"

That is my idea. Love it or lump it as they say.

A collective compilation of information from here to be submitted to Wikipedia to reach thousands of readers in order to spread the word and history of our style.

Regardless of what happens from here on out, thanks for listening and the consideration.

Stay safe, humble, healthy, and train hard my Mantis brothers!

yu shan
02-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Where in the heck have you been? I know, training in the park.;) How is Profatilov Laoshi? Please send him my regards.

Good thread... thanks.

MantisFistMonk
02-10-2005, 11:00 PM
yu shan I've sent you a PM.

I'm glad you like the idea!

Respectfully, MFM

mantis108
02-11-2005, 12:47 PM
It's been awhile, my friend. How's training coming along? Please send my personal regards to Shifu Profatilov. I hope all is well with him.

BTW, what is Wikipedia? I am not familiar with it at all. Thanks

Warm regards

Robert (Mantis108)

MantisFistMonk
02-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Will do.

As for Wikipedia...

"Welcome to Wikipedia, a free-content encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

In this English version, started in 2001, we are currently working on 472303 articles."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page