PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Red5angel

SaekSan
02-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Last evening I talked to my ex-wife's husband and mentioned the contact between you and the Omulu group.

When I said that you were from Minn. he was like "is he with Pena?" I said that I wasn't sure, then he said that this Pena guy is the only one he knew of in Minn. I then mentioned that you were probably with another group and that you wanted to get in contact with other groups for rodas and he then said that the Omulu group would be great for that. I asked if he was interested in being a part of it (he does Angola) and he said that his group only has 12 people but it might be interesting to have everyone together.

Can I give him some contact info from your group?

:)

red5angel
02-11-2005, 08:29 AM
That would be awesome, tell him to email me at jabradley(nospam)@deloitte.com - take out the (nospam) of course :D

As for Pena, the name sounds familiar and may be one of the guys that is no longer with the group I'm with now. There's also ABCapoeira, with Yoji Senna and he may be a part of that group. We've tried to get together with those guys but like I said, they always end up badmouthing us and turning the whole thing into a disaster.

Funny story about that though. Mestre Loka was in Minesota a couple of years ago and he decided to have an open Roda and invite Yoji's group along. Yoji couldn't stop nitpicking and the last straw was when Yoji said Capuraginga doesn't even use "real capoeira pants" whatever that is. Loka had had enough so stopped the roda and told Yoji he had two choices, he and Loka could go into another room to discuss his issue with him privately and there Yoji was more then welcome to show his superior fighting skill, or he could shut up and learn to get along or leave. Yoji shutup and ended up leaving a few minutes later, taking his guys with him. Since then our group has avoided them basically.

Yoji is from Brazil, and grew up around Capoeira, his father is supposed to be a big name in Capoeira. However it turns out his father also practically disowned him a while back for whatever reason. Yoji is an old school brazillian with some ideas on women and white people that don't necessarily endear him to other people. He'll train both but from what I understand it appears to be more to support his school then any interest to pass on capoeira.
But what do you do. As far as I'm concerned the angola guys would be welcome. We don't train a whole lot of Angola so it would be interesting to see from people who do.

SaekSan
02-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Cool, I'll pass the info on to him.

Yoji Senna, that's the name! Not sure why I got "Pena" in my head, Sanshou must've been a little more brutal last night than I remember... :D

Yeah, Steve said that this Senna guy "you either love him or hate him", he knows who he is but doesn't "know him".

So, sounds like Yoji deserves a "salto no vacuo com joelhada no saco"... :D

red5angel
02-11-2005, 08:57 AM
lol! he certainly does! I know some people who train with him who enjoy training with him, but I've just heard too many ngative things about him from too many people. He has the "martial ego" thing going I'm trying to get away from. If you check out his website he uses a lot of key phrases that in my mind show me he's alot like all those politically and money driven "masters" out there. you know, a lot of references to lineage, who he learned from, the fact he's actually brazilian and so knows the real stuff and so on.

http://www.abcapoeira.com/frame.htm

SaekSan
02-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I can see that! Just change Capoeira for any other MA name. I wonder if there's a template somewhere...
:D

"Instrutores Cabeção and Pepino Leprecon"

I love those names! "Big Head and Leprechaun Cucumber"

That's what I'm talking about!

It's a decent site though, too bad the ego gets in the way.

red5angel
02-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Yep, it's a shame, I'm sure the guy has something to contribute but he can't get past his ego to give it any value.